Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
We sure got some talent
Naish
Eggy smith
Turner
All look like guns , how lucky are we that these kids get a fair dinkum 20g plus vfl apprenticeship before being thrown to wolves , certainly proving to be a great grounding to hit it running at afl , compare that to the bloos having to throw AFL games to draftees well before they’re ready
Reminds me of the Hawks of the 80 & 90's.
Guys like M Tuck, Robertson, Abbott etc use to have to bind their time in the vfl.All went on to become multiple premiership players.

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Experiencing a footy system no matter how poor has to be better than being thrown into AFL games first up...that's how green shoots get trodden on!
Anthony Banik says Hi.

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
Anthony Banik says Hi.
Don't step on the green shoots before they are ready!!!!
groot.jpg

Wonder how the club is thinking of Paddy moving into the firsts?

Right now there isn't a spot for a few years - BEllis, KMac, Sydney, DanR, Lambo. I'm assuming he'll go past Menadue and Markov - but watch this space.

Then of course we have Turner, English and now Pickett.

I assume they'll be planning to have him playing AFL soonish. And that requires making space in the list. But how do you do that?

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Wonder how the club is thinking of Paddy moving into the firsts?

I assume they'll be planning to have him playing AFL soonish. And that requires making space in the list. But how do you do that?
The way we're going.Injuries

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
Naish must be in this week! Must be rewarded for constant great form. Higgins or Bolton can drop back to the magoos. Especially disappointed with Higgins last month.
Higgins perhaps though Bolton can go missing for extended periods . I think Bolton May make way as Higgo still gets a respectable amount of ball

Reckon if Naishy keeps knockin, the big wigs at Tigerland have him pencilled him in for the Goldy game up in QLD next month.
I reckon his debut comes when we play the Saints after the bye at Marvel. Don't see him being picked for games against the Cats or Crows before the bye.

I reckon we could slot him for either Bolton or butler without losing anything . I think it’s time
Don't believe those 2 games will suit the way Naish plays, he can accumulate the footy well and he does win his fair share of footy, but IMO he'll be brushed aside too easily in contests and with so many younger players already playing I think we'd be loathe to add another.

For mine the 4 week block after the bye with Saints Suns Giants and Power, who play a more open style of game would suit Naish better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
Don't believe those 2 games will suit the way Naish plays, he can accumulate the footy well and he does win his fair share of footy, but IMO he'll be brushed aside too easily in contests and with so many younger players already playing I think we'd be loathe to add another.

For mine the 4 week block after the bye with Saints Suns Giants and Power, who play a more open style of game would suit Naish better.
Point granted , that’s why you swap for another younger player , cats have plenty of young players in their line up too , could find a match up , it’s time

He can't do much more than he is doing right now.
Constantly getting mid-20s possessions and kicking goals.

Yep looks as ready as Rozee, Butters and Duursma did at the start of the year for mine, and those boys have kicked on, not regressed.

Those that have seen a bit of him, could he play HFF and replace a Butler or Bolton? His form is as good as anyones in the VFL right now.
He could although I would be concerned about his ability to lay tackles as he doesn't quite stick them.

He wins/finds the footy as well as anyone however IMO he is not being picked because his defensive accountability isn't quite up to the level required.

For weeks he has been racking up possessions but has only been an emergency 1-2 times and others have been picked before him. To me that says that they don't quite think he is ready.

He could although I would be concerned about his ability to lay tackles as he doesn't quite stick them.

He wins/finds the footy as well as anyone however IMO he is not being picked because his defensive accountability isn't quite up to the level required.

For weeks he has been racking up possessions but has only been an emergency 1-2 times and others have been picked before him. To me that says that they don't quite think he is ready.

Cheers mate.
And considering tackling is our ace that would make sense

Mar 14, 2009
MCG
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tottenham
Piece from HUN.

Time for a look at Patrick Naish? The Tigers midfield will bounce back against Geelong after being smashed by North Melbourne but whether it is enough to beat the Cats remains to be seen.

What is obvious is that father-son Naish is tearing the VFL to shreds. Naish has kicked eight goals this year off a wing, his latest performance clearly his best.

He kicked two goals to go with 25 possessions, but also had a season-high 12 contested possessions and 143 ranking points, not far off Round 6’s 147 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back