Player Watch #45: Patrick Naish - Delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

RATD won't be happy but well deserved debut for Naish. Well done. No player is perfect so I don't know why some expect Patrick to have be so to get a game.

I could pick a 1/4 of the team running around this week for what they need to improve and seriously work on.

26 disposals and a goal a game. You can't do much more. And I'll take the word of a VFL coach over others.

Richmond development and VFL backline coach Ryan Ferguson provided an insight into the impressive progress of the Tiger cub in a recent edition of ‘Coaches’ Corner’, lauding his penetrating kick, hard-running and elite ball-use.

“He worked really hard pre-season on his game, but also on his body. I think he put on eight kilos, which is a pretty impressive effort,” Ferguson said.

“His defensive running and his patterns and his ability to tackle and step into the contest has improved out of sight.

“He can go back and see the game and read it well. But also, he can run the wing and get out and get some handball-receives.”

We sure got some talent
Naish
Eggy smith
Turner
All look like guns , how lucky are we that these kids get a fair dinkum 20g plus vfl apprenticeship before being thrown to wolves , certainly proving to be a great grounding to hit it running at afl , compare that to the bloos having to throw AFL games to draftees well before they’re ready

Sydney Stack says hi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"...he just needs to make sure he keeps being diligent with the defensive side of his game in keeping the pressure on.”

That is as heavy a criticism as you will see in Richmond VFL reports. It means "Naish does not work hard enough defensively." Which is obvious to anyone who watches him during games, as opposed to his highlights.
I only see bits of the tiges VFL team on TV. And then reading reports that coaches make, it seemed like Naish was still not defensive enough. So I am pleasantly surprised to see him called up this week. We never know what the truth about players fitness and injury status. Regardless Ellis is out. Naish IN. I have been surprised at how well Naish has been finding the ball. Hope he has a good one. If Ellis leaves at years end the wing spot is up for grabs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Naish did well, learnt not as much time in the AFL than the VFL. But also will learn there is more time at times ( and needs to understand when that is), and rushed a lot of kicks. Good for the run, and will get better.
They said he was a dead eye dick with his kicking...seemed to hit the oppo regularly on the tit with his kicking... :)

They said he was a dead eye dick with his kicking...seemed to hit the oppo regularly on the tit with his kicking... :)
Nerves maybe? :shrug:
He certainly didn't set the world on fire like some were suggesting, but overall had a good night for a newbie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back