Player Watch #45: Patrick Naish - Delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

He hinted that some players while are getting good stats in the seconds aren’t playing the “Richmond way” and have been spoken to about. He added also added that they look for players doing Richmond things rather than the stats sheet
Well if Naish hasn't understood the Richmond way by now, he never will
The Naish dynasty ending with Chris

He’s definitely a lightweight, doesn’t look to have put on any muscle. Looking at some recent footage posted by the club looks like a skun Fox.

He’s got skill though and elite by foot and looked ok in his AFL appearances last year. He’ll get his chance sometime this year.

Probably not getting a look in due to team balance or match ups we are already a very small team

IMO he needs to be physically strong enough to stand over the ball ... everything else seems fine
If he is just like a Fiora then no thank you

I think that's a good point.

I know I am stating the obvious but Matt Rowell would not be half the player he is (already) if he was the same size as Naish.

Should be called prancer from now on. Less than ideal circumstances to come into the team but the one thing that can be controlled is desire and effort and quite frankly he shows none of it and while that might be alright against poor opposition against teams like GWS who have strong contested players it sticks out like it did tonight.

I really hope we give him a run of games to show what he’s got, it’ll be really hard On his potential development if he’s in and out of the team.

I think he has the football skills and physical attributes to make it as a good AFL players.

His intensity really still needs to go up a few notches though.

I really hope we give him a run of games to show what he’s got, it’ll be really hard On his potential development if he’s in and out of the team.

I think he has the football skills and physical attributes to make it as a good AFL players.

Those involved will know that you'd think. But, the team's ability to win is paramount.

That we lost is no real direct fault of Patrick, we had enough opportunities to win, and didn't!

So I too hope he gets another game, build his game time fitness and get to see his best. Then make some assessments. This year is not a good year to make assessments on fringe players - that said some assessments have to be made at this weird season's end, like it or not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Needs at least two more games to see how he goes.
If he gets dropped after one game I will be disappointed.
Asterisk season remember.
Need to find out what he can or cannot do this season.

He is an outside player wingman who is supposed to have good disposal. You can’t rely on him to get his own ball and obviously he’s not going to look good when we don’t have inside midfielders/bulls getting the hard ball gets.

Will take quite a bit of time but only when you have better inside players like Prestia and at least another.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Needs at least two more games to see how he goes.
If he gets dropped after one game I will be disappointed.
Asterisk season remember.
Need to find out what he can or cannot do this season.

Hes a third year player, by this stage he needs to be able to come in and make the spot his own like Balta has. It might be a * season but as long as we are in contention we need to be going all out to win. Shouldn't be playing him and Egg in the same team if we don't have to. neither can impact a contest.

Not sure how i feel about this. If i was performing well at work, getting things done efficiently and my boss reprimanded me because I am not doing everything his way, I would be out the door

i suppose it has to be said then

Dont let the door hit you on the way out

It's hard to judge a kid off one game being thrown in to a depleted midfield against GWS off the back of 14v14 practice matches. It sounds like he was racking up the ball to earn a game but looks to be lacking in confidence.

The most disappointing thing I took from the game is he even for a winger he still looks far too weak. He still physically looks like an 18 year old kid who we just drafted. Smaller outside players can make it ala your Shorts and Bakers, but they still need a solid base to them.

Not sure what's the go there but in the off season he needs to be locked into the gym and that will make or break him.

They're giving a cup that looks like all the others. It's not an asterisk. We need to win and he needs to go, was f.e.e.b.l.e.

I agree about the first point. Still competing with the same 17 other clubs all operating under similar restrictions.

On Naish though I prefer to give these things time before rushing to judgement. All he has done is proved he was not up to competing with the best wingers in the AFL in his 3rd year and first match for a year at the level as part of a midfield that got hammered and probably first time at the ground.

He may or may not survive selection this week, and I like you don’t think he acquitted himself well. But there are easier assignments for a young winger....

Season is on the line right now. I'd give others a run ahead of Naish. If we keep losing, then pick VFL players at the tail end of the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back