Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 10: Everything's 'Peachy...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fresh testimony about the overheard call between Sondland and Trump...

In a deposition to the House committees investigating the Ukraine scandal, David Holmes, a diplomat at the US embassy in Kiev, described an extraordinary phone call between Trump and the US ambassador to the European Union, Gordon Sondland, on 26 July.

It was the day after Trump had spoken to the new Ukrainian president, Volodymyr Zelenskiy, requesting a “favour” and suggesting the Ukrainians investigate former vice-president Joe Biden, and his son, Hunter.

Sondland placed the 26 July call to Trump from a Kyiv restaurant, where he was having lunch with Holmes and two other US colleagues. According to Holmes, Trump was speaking so loudly that Sondland “held the phone away from his ear for a period of time”.

Sondland, a wealthy hotelier who donated $1m to Trump’s inauguration celebration, assured Trump that Zelenskiy “loves your ass”.

“I then heard President Trump ask, ‘So, he’s gonna do the investigation?’ Ambassador Sondland replied that ‘he’s gonna do it’,” adding that Zelenskiy will do “anything you ask him to”, Holmes testified in his opening statement to House investigators, which was leaked to US media.

After the call, Holmes asked Sondland about the president’s feelings about Ukraine, asking if it was true that Trump “did not give a s**t” about Ukraine.

Holmes recalled: “Ambassador Sondland agreed that the President did not ‘give a s**t about Ukraine’. I asked why not, and Ambassador Sondland stated that the president only cares about ‘big stuff’.”

Holmes went on: “I noted that there was ‘big stuff’ going on in Ukraine, like a war with Russia, and Ambassador Sondland replied that he meant ‘big stuff’ that benefits the president, like the ‘Biden investigation’ that Mr Giuliani was pushing.”

In a deposition to the House committees investigating the Ukraine scandal, David Holmes, a diplomat at the US embassy in Kiev, described an extraordinary phone call between Trump and the US ambassador to the European Union, Gordon Sondland, on 26 July.

It was the day after Trump had spoken to the new Ukrainian president, Volodymyr Zelenskiy, requesting a “favour” and suggesting the Ukrainians investigate former vice-president Joe Biden, and his son, Hunter.

Sondland placed the 26 July call to Trump from a Kyiv restaurant, where he was having lunch with Holmes and two other US colleagues. According to Holmes, Trump was speaking so loudly that Sondland “held the phone away from his ear for a period of time”.

Sondland, a wealthy hotelier who donated $1m to Trump’s inauguration celebration, assured Trump that Zelenskiy “loves your ass”.

“I then heard President Trump ask, ‘So, he’s gonna do the investigation?’ Ambassador Sondland replied that ‘he’s gonna do it’,” adding that Zelenskiy will do “anything you ask him to”, Holmes testified in his opening statement to House investigators, which was leaked to US media.

After the call, Holmes asked Sondland about the president’s feelings about Ukraine, asking if it was true that Trump “did not give a s**t” about Ukraine.

Holmes recalled: “Ambassador Sondland agreed that the President did not ‘give a s**t about Ukraine’. I asked why not, and Ambassador Sondland stated that the president only cares about ‘big stuff’.”

Holmes went on: “I noted that there was ‘big stuff’ going on in Ukraine, like a war with Russia, and Ambassador Sondland replied that he meant ‘big stuff’ that benefits the president, like the ‘Biden investigation’ that Mr Giuliani was pushing.”

Wow, he over heard half a conversation and then was told about Trump not giving a "s**t" about Ukraine! That is powerful stuff for a book deal.

Is there “a hardly knew him “soundbite by Trump on Sondland available yet?

Would it be cheeky of Sondland to ask for his million dollars back before he gets thrown under the bus.

Donald Trump seems to forget who he knows a lot.

Take the two associates of Giuliani who were recently arrested, Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman. Charged being involved in illegal campaign funding schemes, both were sent by Giuliani to dig dirt on the Bidens in Ukraine.

Trump said:

"I don't know them, I don't know about them. I don't know what they do but I don't know, maybe they were clients of Rudy. You'd have to ask Rudy, I just don't know."

Turns out he met them at least 10 times.

Donald Trump seems to forget who he knows a lot.

Take the two associates of Giuliani who were recently arrested, Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman. Charged being involved in illegal campaign funding schemes, both were sent by Giuliani to dig dirt on the Bidens in Ukraine.

Trump said:

"I don't know them, I don't know about them. I don't know what they do but I don't know, maybe they were clients of Rudy. You'd have to ask Rudy, I just don't know."

Turns out he met them at least 10 times.

But but

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s like a Monty python sketch.
Best description yet.
The Dems aren't building a case around a crime. They are trying to find 9ne.
This. Just as the 7 charges against Roger Stone were all for crimes committed during the investigation, not prior to it. They're using a couple of sentences Trump made on a phone call to muddy the waters and create perjury traps. Very dirty tactics.
Quick question:

Any chance you’ll just stop trolling?

Asking for a friend.
I don't consider it "trolling" per se, just trying to inject a little love and humour into an otherwise tense thread. I'll tone it down a little, boss.

Obummer was terrible President. Lucky trump came in to save the day
Obama was a terrible leader but its telling that he's been warning the Democrats lately against 1) moving too far the left and 2) tearing everything down to rebuild it "Americans (surprise surprise) dont want it". He's too late of course.

Obama was a terrible leader but its telling that he's been warning the Democrats lately against 1) moving too far the left and 2) tearing everything down to rebuild it "Americans (surprise surprise) dont want it". He's too late of course.

It’s always highly amusing/bizzaro-world to hear Trumpanzees refer to Obama as a “terrible leader”

That nutter on QandA had a crack at him for such comments. My little ears pricked up. The splitters are starting to split.

BS Barack realises the democrats have gone way too far. Not only have they burnt their bridges, they have also torched all the boats. Now they can't get off the island. Like Gilligan, they are stuck.

They are up against a colossus who won't bow or politely walk away. There is no momentum push strong enough to help them reach a point of critical mass.

Much to the MSM's chagrin, there is no 'breaking point' with Donald Trump.

The Left have met their Waterloo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back