Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 10: Everything's 'Peachy...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn't Watergate, surely your comprehension is not that bad.

How is this answering what I asked?

You do realise that 'misdemeanors' is also included in impeachable offences don't you? You need to get a clear head and delete 'high crimes' out of your mind.

As I asked, try and be objective and a little bit of analytical or even some critical thinking would be good.

Alternatively perhaps you can imagine instead of Trump, say it was a Rudd or a Gillard, would that help?

Like I said - this is not a an impeachment of gravitas like Watergate but more a (political) Claytons impeachment like Clinton's.
That's why the witnesses you named aren't appearing, and why Nancy isn't bothering to pursue them with legal action.
That's my objective opinion.

Sondland seems Trumps weakest link - so we'll see what happens tomorrow.

GuruJane ,
You are 100% correct.
But the people you named for example,
If this were an impeachment of gravitas like Watergate then the essential witnesses would be Bolton, Mulvaney, Guiliani and Pompeo, maybe Perry - added to Sondland.
Do you think these people should be part of the (Inquiry) again you raise a super valid point.
Personally I think yes very much so.
Or maybe this will happen later on to me it seems like there being protected for some unknown specific reasons?

They're like 6 pins in a row. If Sondland falls in the next bowl tomorrow he might knock over one or more of the others.
Who knows? This is America politics after all.

Like I said - this is not a an impeachment of gravitas like Watergate but more a (political) Claytons impeachment like Clinton's.
That's why the witnesses you named aren't appearing, and why Nancy isn't bothering to pursue them with legal action.

The witnesses named aren't appearing because the executive branch has been blocking them from doing so.

He has to be careful not to perjure himself.

If anything, the Zuck has been open as being your typical silicon valley progressive, and has banned several prominent right wing speakers from his platform. All the while endorsing left-biased "fact checkers" like Snopes. So for him to confess that the Ruskies have largely been on the side of the left since 2016, it is really saying something.

Tin foil hate time, but I feel that many current societal divisions, eg feminists vs MRAs, Boomers vs Millenials, etc are deliberately being orchestrated (exacerbated, at least) by some well funded organisation (not necessarily Russian). There's no reason these groups can't work together, at least to an extent.
Zuckerberg has a long way to go- he needs to monitor false political and economic advertising far more effectively.
Ps. Whilst some right wingers are fearful that snopes is left-leaning, it’s been assessed by several organsations which have found it to be pretty even handed.

Should change it to a rat or pig, donkeys are working animals DO NOTHING DEMS don't work!
Is Trump the donkey? Is the house the White House? Is the shitting... shitting?

The witnesses named aren't appearing because the executive branch has been blocking them from doing so.

Exactly.
And also because Pelosi is not trying to force them via the courts.
Executive branches block congress frequently when political stakes are high. It's not new that courts have to decide.

I know what you said it wasn't what I asked.

Agree, they are being blocked which could easily clear things up... or not.

Last edited:
Zuckerberg has a long way to go- he needs to monitor false political and economic advertising far more effectively.
Ps. Whilst some right wingers are fearful that snopes is left-leaning, it’s been assessed by several organsations which have found it to be pretty even handed.
Your first sentence raises an interesting discussion. While some dodgy sites publish clear misinformation, it gets difficult to establish a line between what is misinformation and what is just biased reporting or acceptable exaggeration. Maybe a small disclaimer placed above every link should simply read "Do not believe everything you read on the internet. Please consider multiple sources before taking action based on information based within any singular link".

Snopes even handed? Nah, there are too many sites out there listing all the "fact checks" that Snopes got wrong, all of them stories that lean in the same direction. Plus they have fact checked literally dozens of Babylon Bee articles, a site which makes no secret of the fact that they are a satirical paper like The Onion, but with a conservative slant. After years of feuding with them, Snopes have finally just recently changed their judgements to "Probable Satire" instead of "False" for the Babylon articles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All three are too pro-corporations, laissez faire free market/free trade for my liking. Trump has been middling on this as well.
You're a weekend christian mate. Happy to grasp onto your bible when it suits. Trump is an adulterer, he's a thief and a liar but that does matter to you.

Snopes even handed? Nah, there are too many sites out there listing all the "fact checks" that Snopes got wrong, all of them stories that lean in the same direction. Plus they have fact checked literally dozens of Babylon Bee articles, a site which makes no secret of the fact that they are a satirical paper like The Onion, but with a conservative slant. After years of feuding with them, Snopes have finally just recently changed their judgements to "Probable Satire" instead of "False" for the Babylon articles.

Snopes is where teenage girls go to find out if it's true you can catch std's from a toilet seat.

You're a weekend christian mate. Happy to grasp onto your bible when it suits. Trump is an adulterer, he's a thief and a liar but that does matter to you.

Sorry, would that be the personal behaviour that I indicated already I don't like?

You know nothing about me other than that I am a Christian, and I am happy to proclaim the truth of the gospel every day of the week, and yet you have the gall to call me a 'weekend Christian'?

Sorry, would that be the personal behaviour that I indicated already I don't like?

You know nothing about me other than that I am a Christian, and I am happy to proclaim the truth of the gospel every day of the week, and yet you have the gall to call me a 'weekend Christian'?
Trump is the least christian politician I can remember but for some reason that's cool with you. Absolute weekend christian.

Trump is the least christian politician I can remember but for some reason that's cool with you. Absolute weekend christian.

Is it? Where have I said that I approve of everything he does? Do you have anything to back up your assertion, or have you made up an image of me in your head?

Is it? Where have I said that I approve of everything he does? Do you have anything to back up your assertion, or have you made up an image of me in your head?
You've consistently supported him, all I can say is your faith is pretty shithouse if you can abandon it so readily. I certainly wouldn't want someone like you next to me in the trenches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back