Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 12: This thread it’s going to disappear; One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod Notice

The level of vitriol and frankly toxic culture in this thread is getting out of hand. As such, the thread will be monitored actively for posters who drag down the quality of posting for all others, and they will have their access to the thread removed.

Further, reference to TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) and its counterpart 'Trumpanzee' or anything similar will no longer be allowed. Much like other tropes of that nature, they serves as a conversational barrier and fall-back point for people to simply sling mud. That's unacceptable.

Thanks.

Last edited:
It's not an assumption.
It was a CONTROLLED trial.

FMD. You are the one that used the word 'assuming' so you obviously hadn't read it thoroughly when you posted it.

You said ... "Assuming all 96000 were in similar levels of distress "

Now you say nix that. It's not an assumption. All 96,000 were in similar levels of distress. Fair enough. Thanks for the new information.

I wonder if Janssen Pharmaceuticals payments to the lead author played any part in how judicious he was when determining "equal levels of distress".

Ok. It's sad and callous to deny people's rights to their own treatment, and to protect the 'rights' of men over pregnant women. Even if they were raped, even in the case of incest, even in the case of threat to life etc..

No one is saying deny anyone's rights. It just having an adult conversation about something that resulted from an adullt act between two adults. The incest, rape etc argument we can agree on.

I have a friend who slept with a guy just to have a baby. He didn't want to start a family and was in no position to. His fault for not taking precautions but he is now a Dad to a child he wasn't ready for and now has to support. Does he not have rights other than paying support?

On the other hand I know two couples, one being my brother whose partner got pregnant after a ONS. They got together, discussed it like adults, weighed up the pros and cons and decided to raise the baby together. Both are now married and have a 2nd child together.

Amazing what can be achieved when adults act like adults.

Trump dismantled at least 4 frontline, important pandemic/medical organisations in the past few years leaving them underfunded, under- staffed and under resourced. So not nearly as well placed as they should have been even before the pandemic hit.

Name them. I thought at least two of those involved reallocation to newly named entities.

Then he was too slow to respond when it did arrive ...

Several days after the first case was recorded in the US he closed the border with China on January the 29th to howls of protest and accusations of racism from the Democrats. Several weeks after this Pelosi was wandering around Chinatown inviting everyone down to celebrate Chinese New Year declaring it "very safe" despite the fact hundreds of thousands of people had flown into the US from China before 29/1, some of whom were infected and started a base for community transmission before they returned to China.

Last edited:

I wouldn't be surprised either way. He seems pretty genuine about taking it and he seems to believe it works. But he's just not qualified to make that judgement.

And if it turns out he's lying about taking it, presumably because there's a commercial angle, I wouldn't be shocked but geez, it would be disgraceful.

So, on balance, I think he's probably taking it.

And this is the crux of the matter.

The 'belief systems' of the ignorant Vs the science of the qualified.

Seems to apply to a lot of other subjects too. ;)

FMD. You are the one that used the word 'assuming' so you obviously hadn't read it thoroughly when you posted it.

You said ... "Assuming all 96000 were in similar levels of distress "

Now you say nix that. It's not an assumption. All 96,000 were in similar levels of distress. Fair enough. Thanks for the new information.

I wonder if Janssen Pharmaceuticals payments to the lead author played any part in how judicious he was when determining "equal levels of distress".

I didn't say "assuming all..." - that was a different poster.
You were being a smart alec in response: "Big assumption I would've thought."

No one is saying deny anyone's rights. It just having an adult conversation about something that resulted from an adullt act between two adults. The incest, rape etc argument we can agree on.

I have a friend who slept with a guy just to have a baby. He didn't want to start a family and was in no position to. His fault for not taking precautions but he is now a Dad to a child he wasn't ready for and now has to support. Does he not have rights other than paying support?

On the other hand I know two couples, one being my brother whose partner got pregnant after a ONS. They got together, discussed it like adults, weighed up the pros and cons and decided to raise the baby together. Both are now married and have a 2nd child together.

Amazing what can be achieved when adults act like adults.

For sure. So give adults the options to choose. Give the option of raising a child together, separately, adoption, abortion, and yep it is amazing what can be achieved.

And being anti-abortion is denying rights.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Neither you nor the great majority who bought into this odyssey really believe the s**t you continue to espouse. It's little more than lip service like the millions of lapsed Christians in our secular culture - an empty ritual.

"It's a growing tactic of those" who know they have been duped but stubbornly refuse to acknowledge their duplicity to ignore every imposition, dismiss any consequence whether its children not being able to play, mental health, family violence, loneliness, alienation.

I am guessing the number, 20-30%, who at no point subscribed to this unforgivable dramatic TV opera will never look at the rest of society in the same way. How do you watch the clowns on out TV news or variety show without a surge of total contempt for the empty puppet heads? The sheer scale of mendacity, crocodile tears, and moral bankruptcy is simply disgusting.
My god is that vague. No idea what you’re talking about, but there’s some pesky clouds outside my window if you’ve got a bit more shout left in you yet.

It's not a very complex debate.

Fail. If nothing else, abortion is a complex debate.

Men aren't able to get pregnant. A woman undergoes an abortion, not a man.

I would argue an abortion is more consequential for a fetus being killed than for the woman who undergoes a medical procedure. :rolleyes:

Fail. If nothing else, abortion is a complex debate.

I would argue an abortion is more consequential for a fetus being killed than for the woman who undergoes a medical procedure. :rolleyes:
It's a weird power trip that men who are anti abortion are on, the arrogance to think that they can control what a women does with her body is astonishing and almost certainly something they wouldn't tolerate should the roles to reversed.

It's a weird power trip that men who are anti abortion are on, the arrogance to think that they can control what a women does with her body is astonishing and almost certainly something they wouldn't tolerate should the roles to reversed.

There's some control over what everyone does with their bodies. If anything, the wish to do whatever you want with your own body sounds ultra libertarian.

There's some control over what everyone does with their bodies. If anything, the wish to do whatever you want with your own body sounds ultra libertarian.
If you fell pregnant and for whatever reason you felt unable to carry full term would you tolerate people telling you weren't allowed to terminate the pregnancy or making access to a clinic so difficult as to be almost impossible to access? Don't forget that it's not just nine months of pregnancy to endure either, I'm assured parenting is not the easiest thing in the world either.

If you fell pregnant and for whatever reason you felt unable to carry full term would you tolerate people telling you weren't allowed to terminate the pregnancy or making access to a clinic so difficult as to be almost impossible to access? Don't forget that it's not just nine months of pregnancy to endure either, I'm assured parenting is not the easiest thing in the world either.

I'm not arguing for the most radical American policies, or for any policies. This notion that you're otherwise allowed to do whatever you want with your body isn't consistent with reality. Also the idea of a woman making the choice because it's her body seems self-centered when there's literally another life involved. If I aborted, it wouldn't be for either of those two reasons.

Nice full toss to the legside bowled to her by Trumps new favourite network

Thought the question about pardoning Obama was the funniest moment in a press briefing I had ever seen.

Those journos ... they didn't seem to like Kaleigh's suggested questions do they?
Looks like she might be going to torture them every briefing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back