Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 12: This thread it’s going to disappear; One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod Notice

The level of vitriol and frankly toxic culture in this thread is getting out of hand. As such, the thread will be monitored actively for posters who drag down the quality of posting for all others, and they will have their access to the thread removed.

Further, reference to TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) and its counterpart 'Trumpanzee' or anything similar will no longer be allowed. Much like other tropes of that nature, they serves as a conversational barrier and fall-back point for people to simply sling mud. That's unacceptable.

Thanks.

Last edited:

It's not an assumption.
It was a CONTROLLED trial.

Please read the study (even just the Abstract) before presenting misinformation

Here it is again: https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)31180-6/fulltext

Point we’ll made samFFC
I was the poster who put forward the “assumption” but it is quite possible to have a controlled trial amongst patients with varying degrees of a condition as well .
This hasn’t been Chappys finest moment - a bit like his move to the Bombers😜

Thought the question about pardoning Obama was the funniest moment in a press briefing I had ever seen.

Those journos ... they didn't seem to like Kaleigh's suggested questions do they?
Looks like she might be going to torture them every briefing.

Thought the question about pardoning Obama was the funniest moment in a press briefing I had ever seen.

Those journos ... they didn't seem to like Kaleigh's suggested questions do they?
Looks like she might be going to torture them every briefing.

You just see what you want to see. She literally talked over the journalist who began pushing back, and walked out as soon as her sermon was complete, ignoring all of the questions.

The only torture that will arise will be from watching Trump supporters twisting and deflecting in their attempts to justify why Kayleigh never answers questions without notice.

My god is that vague. No idea what you’re talking about, but there’s some pesky clouds outside my window if you’ve got a bit more shout left in you yet.
Catch-up! The patient approach of gently simplifying everything has so de-evolved thought, stagnated our culture, and landed us smack in the middle of this mass helplessness. The adults are back in the room - if you're not adequately read, sufficiently informed able to keep up - you will just be ignored.

So we ruin the globe and create far more issues long term.

Are the Swedes deplorable?

The Swedish response has been an abject failure but let’s get back to your particularly abhorrent position.

You’re happy to sacrifice the senior citizens in your own life then?

Or is it just other people’s grandparents that should be eliminated?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Swedish response has been an abject failure but let’s get back to your particularly abhorrent position.

No one's saying that vulnerable individuals shouldn't be allowed to isolate or take precautions.

No one's saying that vulnerable individuals shouldn't be allowed to isolate or take precautions.

That is not what this particular deplorable said.

He said that the very old are probably going to die during the next flu season anyway.

That is a morally vacuous position to take, to say the very least.

Catch-up! The patient approach of gently simplifying everything has so de-evolved thought, stagnated our culture, and landed us smack in the middle of this mass helplessness. The adults are back in the room - if you're not adequately read, sufficiently informed able to keep up - you will just be ignored.
So it's The Vibe.

Got it.

Like a serious flu?

What if we put those a-hole aged care nurses who go to work sick in gaol (including one who went to work after having a test but before getting the results - which turned out to be positive)? That stops 1/10th of the illnesses, but 3/4 of the deaths.

Like a serious flu?

What if we put those a-hole aged care nurses who go to work sick in gaol (including one who went to work after having a test but before getting the results - which turned out to be positive)? That stops 1/10th of the illnesses, but 3/4 of the deaths.
You do realise that aged care facilities are badly understaffed and couldn't cover staff if they took time off every time they had cold symptoms.
More of John Howard's legacy. He's the one who should be in jail.

You do realise that aged care facilities are badly understaffed and couldn't cover staff if they took time off every time they had cold symptoms.
The one that my mum is in doesn't have that problem fortunately, they have some sort of big base/system to draw from. Mind you its not a cheap facility.

Why didnt Rudd or Gillard or Turnbull fix it?

Do you think nurses who are possibly positive for COVID-19 (or even just have the flu) should be able to go to work unpunished?

Or are you just ignoring the point and laying the blame somewhere else?

I have a few friends who work in aged care. One has barely worked in 12 months due to a serious injury. The other never has sick leave because she has sickies all the time then has to go to work when sick because there are no sick days left. My ex used to work in aged care but never had sickies and always went to work.

Im sure others have examples.

Why didnt Rudd or Gillard or Turnbull fix it?

Do you think nurses who are possibly positive for COVID-19 (or even just have the flu) should be able to go to work unpunished?

Or are you just ignoring the point and laying the blame somewhere else?

I have a few friends who work in aged care. One has barely worked in 12 months due to a serious injury. The other never has sick leave because she has sickies all the time then has to go to work when sick because there are no sick days left. My ex used to work in aged care but never had sickies and always went to work.

Im sure others have examples.
No, I'm laying blame where it belongs. People going to work while sick is a symptom of the system, not the cause.

Last edited:
Fail. If nothing else, abortion is a complex debate.

Not unless you make it one by misrepresenting medical facts and freedoms.

I would argue an abortion is more consequential for a fetus being killed than for the woman who undergoes a medical procedure. :rolleyes:

You can argue whatever you like :)

Just be honest and say 'I'm anti-abortion and I care more about a foetus than a woman'.

Strangely I agree with you.
I think the low-tide mark in this whole Coronavirus epidemic has been those gangs roving around and burning the 5G towers because they were afraid of new technology. Like how chimps in the wild would react to the presence of a bicycle.

Like a serious flu?

What has any of this strawman argument got to do with your comment that old people are going to die after the next major flu outbreak anyway?

And I’ll ask again because you dodged it the first time, does the elderly only include other people’s aged or are you happy to sacrifice the old people in your life too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back