Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 12: This thread it’s going to disappear; One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod Notice

The level of vitriol and frankly toxic culture in this thread is getting out of hand. As such, the thread will be monitored actively for posters who drag down the quality of posting for all others, and they will have their access to the thread removed.

Further, reference to TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) and its counterpart 'Trumpanzee' or anything similar will no longer be allowed. Much like other tropes of that nature, they serves as a conversational barrier and fall-back point for people to simply sling mud. That's unacceptable.

Thanks.

Last edited:
You can only quote from recognised studies and this one suggests care should be taken.
To my knowledge there is no definitive study of it as a prevention to CV19, happy to be corrected.
So if there is no study or evidence of its efficacy as a prevention then surely care needs to be taken until such studies produce results and recommendations?

Has anyone suggested care shouldn't be taken?

Yes, there are problems associated with elderly care, but all of these examples of poor behaviour in nursing homes are pre Covid.

So, it's typically disingenuous of you to use this to support your self interested anti lockdown stance.

Like #metoo #blacklivesmatter etc. You guys really care. Until it has no exposure, then it's on to the next thing.

As a male...her body, her choice. If you don’t like it, change partners.

I chose a partner. We married. Decide to have children. Now we do.

Not sure what partners you are choosing.

Trump dismantled at least 4 frontline, important pandemic/medical organisations in the past few years leaving them underfunded, under- staffed and under resourced. So not nearly as well placed as they should have been even before the pandemic hit.
Then he was too slow to respond when it did arrive, not taking it seriously, so they have lacked resources because he didn’t order equipment in time, already under equipped due to sloppiness re contracts since 2018, seriously under testing and under tracing, promoting unproven or unwise treatments ( hydroxy and dettol), fought against lockdowns ( the one thing that actually works), encouraged illegal rallies (liberate Michigan-gatherings which by the way have now become sources of virus spreading), created situations whereby states are bidding against each other for equipment, not quarantining returning travellers,... and it goes on.
Your unprovable claim re Democrats sounds like sour grapes, as is your baseless swipe at Pelosi- feb 24th- everyone was still carrying on as usual. Even here, I was over in Adelaide the weekend of March 14th- at a festival- teeming with people carrying on as per usual. If she’d been doing it on March 24th you might have a gripe, otherwise forget it. Just silly and pretty tedious to keep repeating this incorrect claim.
You can add his various under control statements , 15 cases down to 1, praising xi during the trade talks , ignoring intelligence reports ( the senators who sold their stock after receiving intell reports knew what was coming) , the plenty of tests that are beautiful statement at cdc office , The I was the only one who knew a pandemic was coming statement, blocking chinese flights except for the 40k passengers who flew post ban , banning flights from europe except from UK , not wanting the Americans off the ship to arrive in US to boost the number of cases

I chose a partner. We married. Decide to have children. Now we do.

Not sure what partners you are choosing.
Not at all sure why you would suggest I do otherwise than similar to you. The fact I have a wife where we both wanted kids and have them doesn’t invalidate in any way my prior comment. If you choose someone they doesn’t want kids or decides not to later, then that’s something you would need to decide upon.

Yes, there are problems associated with elderly care, but all of these examples of poor behaviour in nursing homes are pre Covid.

So, it's typically disingenuous of you to use this to support your self interested anti lockdown stance.

Cos now you care righ
Not at all sure why you would suggest I do otherwise than similar to you. The fact I have a wife where we both wanted kids and have them doesn’t invalidate in any way my prior comment. If you choose someone they doesn’t want kids or decides not to later, then that’s something you would need to decide upon.

Well duh.
I take your shameless deflection as conceding your original point was completely disingenuous. Not that it wasn't obvious.

Everything that you don't agree with isn't a deflection. People just have to fall in line ey?

Nearly everyone here before Covid-19 treated the elderly as Trump voting Boomers, or blamed them for Scomo and Brexit getting up. Now you all suddenly care about the elderly.

It's so fake and transparent.

Was it that practitioner who wrote the prescription?

Yes. And it's a very broad interpretation of "prescription".

Cos now you care righ

Well duh.

Everything that you don't agree with isn't a deflection. People just have to fall in line ey?

Nearly everyone here before Covid-19 treated the elderly as Trump voting Boomers, or blamed them for Scomo and Brexit getting up. Now you all suddenly care about the elderly.

It's so fake and transparent.

Well yes, I actually do care about endangering others, so I'm prepared to live with the inconvenience if it reduces the danger to the vulnerable. I don't wallow in self pity about being cooped up in a modern city, unlike some.

The only times that I label a post "deflection" is when that's what it is. You never address specific issues, you just re-direct the argument.

What was the point of showing 2015 assaults on elderly in facilities and linking it to the proposition that lock down to protect the elderly is a lie. If you don't accept lockdown reduces the danger to the vulnerable, why is your source of "evidence" entirely based on pre-Covid outcomes?

So you're going off a memo. Not Trump's actual medical records. Which, you know, should remain private.

so keep the conspiracy theories going. They are fun to reado.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK, Sweden had the highest death rate in the world in the most recently-counted 7 day period.

They are sixth on the list you provided (not under dispute) but moving in an upward direction. Of the five above Sweden: Spain, Italy and UK messed up their response in the same way as the US, whilst Belgium (in particular) and France have different and very conservative Covid recording systems. See: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-05-18/why-belgium-has-a-high-number-of-coronavirus-deaths/12259032

The second half of your post is unsupportable self-serving speculation. Their economy has not escaped damage despite staying open and it's a growing tactic of those who oppose lockdown for selfish reasons to overplay the mental health aspect. There is no published evidence of increased suicides.
Neither you nor the great majority who bought into this odyssey really believe the s**t you continue to espouse. It's little more than lip service like the millions of lapsed Christians in our secular culture - an empty ritual.

"It's a growing tactic of those" who know they have been duped but stubbornly refuse to acknowledge their duplicity to ignore every imposition, dismiss any consequence whether its children not being able to play, mental health, family violence, loneliness, alienation.

I am guessing the number, 20-30%, who at no point subscribed to this unforgivable dramatic TV opera will never look at the rest of society in the same way. How do you watch the clowns on out TV news or variety show without a surge of total contempt for the empty puppet heads? The sheer scale of mendacity, crocodile tears, and moral bankruptcy is simply disgusting.

As a male how happy are you to give up your right to fatherhood. Is it from conception, after the third trimester, just before birth.
Would you be happy with your partner terminating the pregnancy at any moment cos it's her body?
Would you want a say?

'Right'? Hmm.

Would you be happy with your partner terminating the pregnancy at any moment cos it's her body?

Yes

It's not a very complex debate. Men aren't able to get pregnant. A woman undergoes an abortion, not a man. Hence it's not their 'right' to anything.

If a husband and father had testicular cancer and refused potentially life-saving surgery, should his wife have the right to force him to have surgery?
Should she be unhappy with her partner for choosing their medical treatment at any moment cos it's his body?

So you're going off a memo. Not Trump's actual medical records. Which, you know, should remain private.

so keep the conspiracy theories going. They are fun to reado.

He's taking it as prevention, as he's admitted and you've discussed. His physician, an osteopath, gave approval. Albeit not unequivocally and not as a formal prescription. The drug is untested for Covid 19 and The Lancet warns against such use based on some preliminary findings. We've been through this, so what's the conspiracy?

The doctors note does not confirm Trump was prescribed by him or Trump actually takes it.
As lying to the public is not illegal I say Trump is (was)not taking it.

Neither you nor the great majority who bought into this odyssey really believe the s**t you continue to espouse. It's little more than lip service like the millions of lapsed Christians in our secular culture - an empty ritual.

"It's a growing tactic of those" who know they have been duped but stubbornly refuse to acknowledge their duplicity to ignore every imposition, dismiss any consequence whether its children not being able to play, mental health, family violence, loneliness, alienation.

I am guessing the number, 20-30%, who at no point subscribed to this unforgivable dramatic TV opera will never look at the rest of society in the same way. How do you watch the clowns on out TV news or variety show without a surge of total contempt for the empty puppet heads? The sheer scale of mendacity, crocodile tears, and moral bankruptcy is simply disgusting.

Just LOL.

You are delusional.

'Right'? Hmm.

Yes

It's not a very complex debate. Men aren't able to get pregnant. A woman undergoes an abortion, not a man. Hence it's not their 'right' to anything.

If a husband and father had testicular cancer and refused potentially life-saving surgery, should his wife have the right to force him to have surgery?
Should she be unhappy with her partner for choosing their medical treatment at any moment cos it's his body?

I find this stance extremely sad and tbh quite callous.

The doctors note does not confirm Trump was prescribed by him or Trump actually takes it.
As lying to the public is not illegal I say Trump is (was)not taking it.

I wouldn't be surprised either way. He seems pretty genuine about taking it and he seems to believe it works. But he's just not qualified to make that judgement.

And if it turns out he's lying about taking it, presumably because there's a commercial angle, I wouldn't be shocked but geez, it would be disgraceful.

So, on balance, I think he's probably taking it.

Big assumption I would've thought. Wouldn't they have chosen the "what have we got to lose" cases?

It's not an assumption.
It was a CONTROLLED trial.

Please read the study (even just the Abstract) before presenting misinformation

After controlling for multiple confounding factors (age, sex, race or ethnicity, body-mass index, underlying cardiovascular disease and its risk factors, diabetes, underlying lung disease, smoking, immunosuppressed condition, and baseline disease severity)

Here it is again: https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)31180-6/fulltext

I find this stance extremely sad and tbh quite callous.

Ok. It's sad and callous to deny people's rights to their own treatment, and to protect the 'rights' of men over pregnant women. Even if they were raped, even in the case of incest, even in the case of threat to life etc..

Wow. Now that's quite a mouthful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back