Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 14: Never failed a test I didn’t take

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 16, 2004
Location Location
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
Sound judgement.

Confidence in President Trump in poll of 13 countries - source @pewresearch:

25% Japan

23% Australia

20% Canada
19% United Kingdom
18% Netherlands
17% South Korea
16% Spain
16% Italy
15% Sweden
11% France
10% Germany
10% Denmark
9% Belgium
23 %Must those bf trump acolyte posters and news.com.au journalists?

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Sound judgement.

25% Japan

23% Australia

20% Canada
19% United Kingdom
18% Netherlands
17% South Korea
16% Spain
16% Italy
15% Sweden
11% France
10% Germany
10% Denmark
9% Belgium

[Trump 16%
Merkel 76%
Macron 64%]

I'm moving to Belgium. I'll settle for Denmark as well - nice place I'm told.

darrenmorgan

Norm Smith Medallist
May 2, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Sound judgement.

25% Japan

23% Australia

20% Canada
19% United Kingdom
18% Netherlands
17% South Korea
16% Spain
16% Italy
15% Sweden
11% France
10% Germany
10% Denmark
9% Belgium

[Trump 16%
Merkel 76%
Macron 64%]

so approx one quarter of us are complete idiots? sounds about right...

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
23 %Must those bf trump acolyte posters and news.com.au journalists?

I actually know quite a few people who love Trump.

Typically they are older, white, Herald Sun reading fat boomers who think their freedom of speech has been grossly violated, the world has gone PC mad, yada yada - ie. why am I not allowed to be a complete campaigner anymore?

But they love Trump.

darrenmorgan

Norm Smith Medallist
May 2, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong

Typically they are older, white, Herald Sun reading fat boomers who think their freedom of speech has been grossly violated, the world has gone PC mad, yada yada - ie. why am I not allowed to be a complete campaigner anymore?

But they love Trump.

i.e. entitled bigots who resent their entitlement and bigotry being questioned/taken away.

LittleG

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Dear Trump Party followers,

I appreciate you more and more each day. From your non-mask wearing and lack of social distancing, we are going to be able to find out the true mortality rate of Covid-19. Your service to science is as unexpected as it is generous. To think that I dismissed your anti-science stance as a negative and your economy at all costs attitude as uncaring, I was wrong. You truly are appreciated in your sacrifice. I do hope you can achieve your goal of herd mentality, while you are achieving herd immunity.

Kind regards,
LittleG (on behalf of everyone else.)

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Texas and Florida, both states that voted for Trump in 2016 and have GOP Governors, are currently 2nd and 3rd in coronavirus cases.

Georgia, another red State run by a Republican, is 5th.

P.S. Past two months; 70% of daily deaths have occurred in ‘red’ states.

Anyone one with 2 braincells to rub together could see that this would happen in the US.

ie anyone who wouldn't vote for the Trumpian Party that is. ;)

darrenmorgan

Norm Smith Medallist
May 2, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
THE BIGGEST RATINGS

The ratings are in for President Trump’s town-hall meeting and they’re downright covfefe. The ratings-obsessed commander-in-chief’s performance on ABC was a downright dud, drawing less than 4 million viewers on Tuesday, reported The Hollywood Reporter. Trump couldn’t even outshine his Fox News confederates Tucker Carlson or Sean Hannity, who each generated a double-digit percentage viewership edge over him on Tuesday.
“The President and the People: A 20/20 Special Event," staged in Philadelphia and moderated by George Stephanopoulos, had the president answering questions from undecided voters. The 90-minute show attracted 3.97 million spectators, according to the Reporter.
Those numbers were dwarfed by “America’s Got Talent," which easily claimed the night with 5.94 million watchers. A Game 7 NBA conference semifinal featuring the Denver Nuggets and Los Angeles Clippers was the second-most-watched playoff game so far this season with 5.23 million viewers and an impressive 2.2 million spectators in the coveted 18-49 demographic.
Trump also lagged behind an episode of “Big Brother” and Game 1 of the Miami Heat’s thrilling overtime conference final win over the Boston Celtics.

Trump is seriously on the nose. The nation is well and truly tired of his bullshit.

romeohwho

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 20, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong

But they love Trump.
Actually, that group you describe sounds to me like the ones who have had probably the most charmed run in the history of the world. So, they can take a hike.

Oct 3, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chicago Cubs
I think we are seeing the disintegration of Donald trump's mind. I really don't think he'll last another six weeks at this rate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Actually, that group you describe sounds to me like the ones who have had probably the most charmed run in the history of the world. So, they can take a hike.

Ken Henry's statement on aged care sums up the boomers perfectly - "aged care system is horribly complex and underfunded and Baby Boomers will not tolerate it"

Bunch of entitled twats

this is just stupid on weird on more stupid:

New details have emerged about the rollercoaster relationship between US President Donald Trump and North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un, including what the pair said to each other behind the scenes as their diplomatic summit in Hanoi fell apart last year.

Veteran political journalist Bob Woodward, who you might remember for his reporting on the Watergate scandal, describes the evolution of the Trump-Kim bromance in unprecedented detail in his new book, Rage.

You might recall that said bromance got off to a rather cantankerous start, with Mr Trump and Kim trading juvenile insults – “dotard”, “little Rocket Man”, et cetera – and increasingly ominous threats.

Well, the book includes the startling revelation that the US and North Korea actually came “much closer” to war than anyone realised in the early days of the Trump administration.

Six days into his presidency, Mr Trump met with Matt Pottinger, who is now the White House’s deputy national security adviser, but at the time was head of Asia policy.

The President told Mr Pottinger that his predecessor, Barack Obama, had identified North Korea as the “biggest, most dangerous” problem he would face in office. He asked for advice on how to handle it.

Mr Pottinger thought little of the Obama-era strategy, which in his view, essentially boiled down to the US waiting for the Kim regime to fall apart on its own. He drew up several less passive options for Mr Trump to consider.

In March 2017, the President settled on one of them, described as a policy of “maximum pressure”. According to Woodward, that meant “economic, rhetorical, military, diplomatic and, if necessary, covert action”.

“The campaign was designed to show Kim he was in greater danger and would pay a bigger price with nuclear weapons than he would without them,” he writes.

Meanwhile, Mr Trump’s defence secretary James Mattis considered potential military operations, and plans were quietly drawn up for “covert action to overthrow” Kim, should the President decide to give the order.

Tensions between the US and North Korea rose steadily throughout 2017.

General Mattis slept in his clothes in case he needed to suddenly join a top secret conference call. A flashing light was installed in his home’s bathroom so he would know immediately whenever North Korea launched a missile, even if he was showering.

And privately, the defence secretary struggled with the moral implications of potentially having to order a nuclear strike.

Several inflammatory incidents passed without much notice from the rest of the world, including a simulated attack from the US Air Force on September 25, in which more than 20 planes crossed the Northern Limit Line separating North and South Korea in the sea.

The situation was tense enough that South Korea’s National Security Council sent a message to the US suggesting it might have gone “too far”.

“I understand we really came close to war with North Korea,” Woodward said during one of his 18 interviews with Mr Trump.

“Right. Much closer than anyone would know. Much closer,” the President confirmed.

Of course, things did cool off, and a year later Mr Trump was bragging to a crowd at one of his political rallies about the “beautiful letters” Kim had been sending him.

“I like him. He likes me. I guess that’s OK. Am I allowed to say that?” he said.

“I was being really tough and so was he. And we would go back and forth. And then we fell in love. No, really. He wrote me beautiful letters. They were great letters. And then we fell in love.”

A couple of those letters have already made it into the public eye, but Woodward managed to get his hands on another 25. He describes them as “florid and grandiloquent”.

By mid-2018, shortly after the two leaders’ first diplomatic summit in Singapore, Kim was in full-on flattery mode.

“I feel pleased to have formed good ties with such a powerful and pre-eminent statesman as Your Excellency,” he wrote to Mr Trump on July 30.

“It has been 200 days since the historic summit in Singapore this past June, and the year is now almost coming to an end,” he said on December 25.

“Even now I cannot forget that moment of history when I firmly held Your Excellency’s hand at the beautiful and sacred location as the whole world watched with great interest and hope to relive the honour of that day.

“As I mentioned at that time, I feel very honoured to have established an excellent relationship with a person such as Your Excellency.

“As we enter the new year, the whole world will certainly once again come to see, not so far in the future, another historic meeting between myself and Your Excellency reminiscent of a scene from a fantasy film.”

That second historic meeting happened in February of 2019. Mr Trump went to Hanoi hoping to strike a substantive denuclearisation deal with Kim. But during a two-hour meeting between the pair, it all fell apart.

Woodward writes that Kim offered to dismantle one of his nuclear weapons facilities, Yongbyon Nuclear Scientific Research Centre, but was refusing to budge on four others. Mr Trump was not satisfied.

“Listen, one doesn’t help and two doesn’t help and three doesn’t help and four doesn’t help. Five does help,” Mr Trump told him.

“But it’s our biggest,” Kim protested.

“Yeah. It’s also your oldest. Because I know every one of the sites. I know all of them, better than any of my people I know them. You understand that,” said Mr Trump.

Kim still refused to budge. The President briefly tried another tactic.

“Do you ever do anything other than send rockets up in the air? Let’s go to a movie together. Let’s go play a round of golf,” he suggested.

Still nothing.

“You’re not ready to make a deal. You’re not there,” Mr Trump finally concluded.

“I’ve got to leave. You’re my friend. I think you’re a wonderful guy. But we’ve got to leave, because you’re not ready to make a deal.”

After Hanoi, the letters between Kim and Mr Trump became less frequent, though they remained full of flattery.

“As I said to you when we parted ways, you are my friend and always will be,” Mr Trump wrote on March 22.

“Hanoi was a moment of glory that remains a precious memory,” Kim wrote back.

“Such a precious memory that I have in my unwavering respect for you will provide an impetus for me to take my steps when we walk towards each other again someday in the future.

“I also believe that the deep and special friendship between us will work as a magical force.”

In June of 2019, the two men met at the Joint Security Area, in the demilitarised zone. Mr Trump became the first US president to set foot in North Korea.

“Even the media, which always likes to say that everything is bad, is giving you accolades for inviting me into your country,” Mr Trump wrote afterwards.

He attached a copy of The New York Times’ front page, on which he had scrawled with his characteristic black marker: “Chairman, great picture of you, big time.”

Things went sour again though. On August 5, Kim sent Mr Trump the diplomatic equivalent of a remorseful break-up note. He was angry that the US had continued to engage in military exercises with South Korea.

“I am clearly offended and I do not want to hide this feeling from you. I am really, very offended,” Kim said.

“I am immensely proud and honoured that we have a relationship where I can send and receive such candid thoughts with you.”

When Woodward sat down for his first interview with Mr Trump in December of 2019, the President ordered an aide to bring photos of his meeting with Kim in the JSA.

“This is me and him,” he said.

“That’s the line, right? Then I walked over the line. Pretty cool. You know? Pretty cool. Right? That’s the line between North and South Korea. That’s the line. That’s North and South Korea.

“That’s the line. That line is a big deal. Nobody has ever stepped across that line. Ever.

“He likes me. I like him. We get along. That doesn’t mean I’m naive. That doesn’t mean that I think, oh, it’s going to be wonderful. He’s a very tough cookie. And he is smart, very smart.”

“You’re convinced he’s smart?” Woodward asked.

“Beyond smart,” Mr Trump replied.

He acknowledged that Kim was “violent and vicious”.

“I know everything about him. He killed his uncle and he put the body right in the steps where the senators walked out. And the head was cut, sitting on the chest. Think that’s tough? You know, they think politics in this country is tough,” he said, stressing that Kim “tells me everything”.

“(House Speaker) Nancy Pelosi said, oh, let’s impeach him. You think that’s tough? This is tough. These are great pictures. Look, did you ever see him smile? Did you ever see him smile before?”

It was a weird boast, perhaps, given Kim is well known for wearing a wide grin in propaganda photos, but Mr Trump was fixated on it.

“You look, look at the good picture,” Mr Trump continued.

“He’s having a good time, you know? Nobody’s ever seen him smile. Look. Look at him smiling. He’s happy. He feels happy.”

This odd emphasis on Kim smiling persisted in the next interview, where Mr Trump gave Woodward a poster-sized photo of himself alongside the dictator.

“He never smiled before. I’m the only one he smiles with,” he said.

Farmer2Goggin

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtics
Trump wants to take blue state deaths out of the numbers

1600320738424.png

Oct 3, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chicago Cubs
this is just stupid on weird on more stupid:

New details have emerged about the rollercoaster relationship between US President Donald Trump and North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un, including what the pair said to each other behind the scenes as their diplomatic summit in Hanoi fell apart last year.

Veteran political journalist Bob Woodward, who you might remember for his reporting on the Watergate scandal, describes the evolution of the Trump-Kim bromance in unprecedented detail in his new book, Rage.

You might recall that said bromance got off to a rather cantankerous start, with Mr Trump and Kim trading juvenile insults – “dotard”, “little Rocket Man”, et cetera – and increasingly ominous threats.

Well, the book includes the startling revelation that the US and North Korea actually came “much closer” to war than anyone realised in the early days of the Trump administration.

Six days into his presidency, Mr Trump met with Matt Pottinger, who is now the White House’s deputy national security adviser, but at the time was head of Asia policy.

The President told Mr Pottinger that his predecessor, Barack Obama, had identified North Korea as the “biggest, most dangerous” problem he would face in office. He asked for advice on how to handle it.

Mr Pottinger thought little of the Obama-era strategy, which in his view, essentially boiled down to the US waiting for the Kim regime to fall apart on its own. He drew up several less passive options for Mr Trump to consider.

In March 2017, the President settled on one of them, described as a policy of “maximum pressure”. According to Woodward, that meant “economic, rhetorical, military, diplomatic and, if necessary, covert action”.

“The campaign was designed to show Kim he was in greater danger and would pay a bigger price with nuclear weapons than he would without them,” he writes.

Meanwhile, Mr Trump’s defence secretary James Mattis considered potential military operations, and plans were quietly drawn up for “covert action to overthrow” Kim, should the President decide to give the order.

Tensions between the US and North Korea rose steadily throughout 2017.

General Mattis slept in his clothes in case he needed to suddenly join a top secret conference call. A flashing light was installed in his home’s bathroom so he would know immediately whenever North Korea launched a missile, even if he was showering.

And privately, the defence secretary struggled with the moral implications of potentially having to order a nuclear strike.

Several inflammatory incidents passed without much notice from the rest of the world, including a simulated attack from the US Air Force on September 25, in which more than 20 planes crossed the Northern Limit Line separating North and South Korea in the sea.

The situation was tense enough that South Korea’s National Security Council sent a message to the US suggesting it might have gone “too far”.

“I understand we really came close to war with North Korea,” Woodward said during one of his 18 interviews with Mr Trump.

“Right. Much closer than anyone would know. Much closer,” the President confirmed.

Of course, things did cool off, and a year later Mr Trump was bragging to a crowd at one of his political rallies about the “beautiful letters” Kim had been sending him.

“I like him. He likes me. I guess that’s OK. Am I allowed to say that?” he said.

“I was being really tough and so was he. And we would go back and forth. And then we fell in love. No, really. He wrote me beautiful letters. They were great letters. And then we fell in love.”

A couple of those letters have already made it into the public eye, but Woodward managed to get his hands on another 25. He describes them as “florid and grandiloquent”.

By mid-2018, shortly after the two leaders’ first diplomatic summit in Singapore, Kim was in full-on flattery mode.

“I feel pleased to have formed good ties with such a powerful and pre-eminent statesman as Your Excellency,” he wrote to Mr Trump on July 30.

“It has been 200 days since the historic summit in Singapore this past June, and the year is now almost coming to an end,” he said on December 25.

“Even now I cannot forget that moment of history when I firmly held Your Excellency’s hand at the beautiful and sacred location as the whole world watched with great interest and hope to relive the honour of that day.

“As I mentioned at that time, I feel very honoured to have established an excellent relationship with a person such as Your Excellency.

“As we enter the new year, the whole world will certainly once again come to see, not so far in the future, another historic meeting between myself and Your Excellency reminiscent of a scene from a fantasy film.”

That second historic meeting happened in February of 2019. Mr Trump went to Hanoi hoping to strike a substantive denuclearisation deal with Kim. But during a two-hour meeting between the pair, it all fell apart.

Woodward writes that Kim offered to dismantle one of his nuclear weapons facilities, Yongbyon Nuclear Scientific Research Centre, but was refusing to budge on four others. Mr Trump was not satisfied.

“Listen, one doesn’t help and two doesn’t help and three doesn’t help and four doesn’t help. Five does help,” Mr Trump told him.

“But it’s our biggest,” Kim protested.

“Yeah. It’s also your oldest. Because I know every one of the sites. I know all of them, better than any of my people I know them. You understand that,” said Mr Trump.

Kim still refused to budge. The President briefly tried another tactic.

“Do you ever do anything other than send rockets up in the air? Let’s go to a movie together. Let’s go play a round of golf,” he suggested.

Still nothing.

“You’re not ready to make a deal. You’re not there,” Mr Trump finally concluded.

“I’ve got to leave. You’re my friend. I think you’re a wonderful guy. But we’ve got to leave, because you’re not ready to make a deal.”

After Hanoi, the letters between Kim and Mr Trump became less frequent, though they remained full of flattery.

“As I said to you when we parted ways, you are my friend and always will be,” Mr Trump wrote on March 22.

“Hanoi was a moment of glory that remains a precious memory,” Kim wrote back.

“Such a precious memory that I have in my unwavering respect for you will provide an impetus for me to take my steps when we walk towards each other again someday in the future.

“I also believe that the deep and special friendship between us will work as a magical force.”

In June of 2019, the two men met at the Joint Security Area, in the demilitarised zone. Mr Trump became the first US president to set foot in North Korea.

“Even the media, which always likes to say that everything is bad, is giving you accolades for inviting me into your country,” Mr Trump wrote afterwards.

He attached a copy of The New York Times’ front page, on which he had scrawled with his characteristic black marker: “Chairman, great picture of you, big time.”

Things went sour again though. On August 5, Kim sent Mr Trump the diplomatic equivalent of a remorseful break-up note. He was angry that the US had continued to engage in military exercises with South Korea.

“I am clearly offended and I do not want to hide this feeling from you. I am really, very offended,” Kim said.

“I am immensely proud and honoured that we have a relationship where I can send and receive such candid thoughts with you.”

When Woodward sat down for his first interview with Mr Trump in December of 2019, the President ordered an aide to bring photos of his meeting with Kim in the JSA.

“This is me and him,” he said.

“That’s the line, right? Then I walked over the line. Pretty cool. You know? Pretty cool. Right? That’s the line between North and South Korea. That’s the line. That’s North and South Korea.

“That’s the line. That line is a big deal. Nobody has ever stepped across that line. Ever.

“He likes me. I like him. We get along. That doesn’t mean I’m naive. That doesn’t mean that I think, oh, it’s going to be wonderful. He’s a very tough cookie. And he is smart, very smart.”

“You’re convinced he’s smart?” Woodward asked.

“Beyond smart,” Mr Trump replied.

He acknowledged that Kim was “violent and vicious”.

“I know everything about him. He killed his uncle and he put the body right in the steps where the senators walked out. And the head was cut, sitting on the chest. Think that’s tough? You know, they think politics in this country is tough,” he said, stressing that Kim “tells me everything”.

“(House Speaker) Nancy Pelosi said, oh, let’s impeach him. You think that’s tough? This is tough. These are great pictures. Look, did you ever see him smile? Did you ever see him smile before?”

It was a weird boast, perhaps, given Kim is well known for wearing a wide grin in propaganda photos, but Mr Trump was fixated on it.

“You look, look at the good picture,” Mr Trump continued.

“He’s having a good time, you know? Nobody’s ever seen him smile. Look. Look at him smiling. He’s happy. He feels happy.”

This odd emphasis on Kim smiling persisted in the next interview, where Mr Trump gave Woodward a poster-sized photo of himself alongside the dictator.

“He never smiled before. I’m the only one he smiles with,” he said.
It's futile dealing with a leader who openly executes members of his own parliament.
Leave North Korea for China to deal with.

Well see you later Fauci and Birx and welcome Scott Atlas.

Scott W. Atlas (born 1955) is an American neuroradiologist, professor, commentator, and health care policy advisor. He is a senior fellow at the Hoover Institution. He was selected by President Donald Trump in August 2020 to serve as an advisor on the White House Coronavirus Task Force.Atlas, whose specialization is radiology rather than public health or infectious diseases, has pushed for faster reopening of schools and businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic and less testing for the virus. His views and influence on policies have set off controversies on the task force. He is described as a proponent for the herd immunity approach to the virus.

Oct 3, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chicago Cubs

Scott W. Atlas (born 1955) is an American neuroradiologist, professor, commentator, and health care policy advisor. He is a senior fellow at the Hoover Institution. He was selected by President Donald Trump in August 2020 to serve as an advisor on the White House Coronavirus Task Force.Atlas, whose specialization is radiology rather than public health or infectious diseases, has pushed for faster reopening of schools and businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic and less testing for the virus. His views and influence on policies have set off controversies on the task force. He is described as a proponent for the herd immunity approach to the virus.
Herd immunity won't work due to the huge numbers of free riders who refuse vaccination. Herd immunity only works in conjunction with an effective vaccination program.

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood

Being a Neuroradiologist, you'd think he'd be able to see right through Trump. ;)

Nothing to see here!!!

Settle down folks, I'm here all week. :)

Dec 7, 2001
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Yikes.

Herd immunity won't work due to the huge numbers of free riders who refuse vaccination. Herd immunity only works in conjunction with an effective vaccination program.
Well look, if herd immunity doesn’t work they can always give herd mentality a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back