Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 14: Never failed a test I didn’t take

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Last edited by a moderator:
And what is the Trump administration doing about medical costs? Well they are at the Supreme Court dismantling the Affordable Care Act, leaving 20 million with out insurance if the verdict falls their way.

So much for the Repeal and Replace policy mantra that Trump sprouted 4 years ago. Yes four years ago and still nothing to replace it...
The republicans believe that the ACA increases health costs to the individual. It is impossible for me to tell what is true (I’m sure very selective stats are being used)

so i had a look at the betting

View attachment 903628

interesting to see Pence at $26, not a bad idea for a sneaky $5

View attachment 903639

Gender, silly bet here; will Trump be the nominee? That's interesting...

View attachment 903640

Most of those are silly, Hillary Clinton gets a guernsey to suck in the punters... but according to this, Joe Biden and Mike Pence would be even money if they faced off? Hmm.

View attachment 903641

Democrats already have the house, they'd probably win that; same with the popular vote

View attachment 903642

270 is a win; his lowest odds are the 240-269 range for $5, so the betting is he doesn't make Presidency, *or* scrapes it in with 270-299.

Pence still $41 via the TAB if you want a bit of extra value.

It does feel as though he’s positioning himself to have a sneaky look at it though.

The republicans believe that the ACA increases health costs to the individual. It is impossible for me to tell what is true (I’m sure very selective stats are being used)
The US spends over double of what we do on healthcare per capita for a far worse outcome. It's a horribly inefficient system for a variety of reasons.

You wish.

It's telling that Biden is a poor candidate, yet every demographic but the rednecks is accepting, in many cases begrudgingly, that he's clearly the lesser of two evils. Will be interesting to see who is Biden's VC, as that's the person who will be calling the shots from next year.
Unsurprising that trump supporters will look for polls to be wrong as they were wrong in 2016. I think pollsters have refined methodology in response to how wrong they were in 2016 so I doubt they’d be as wrong this time.
More likely election suspended by executive order due to ongoing pandemic issues...

Unsurprising that trump supporters will look for polls to be wrong as they were wrong in 2016. I think pollsters have refined methodology in response to how wrong they were in 2016 so I doubt they’d be as wrong this time.
More likely election suspended by executive order due to ongoing pandemic issues...

I am happy to be corrected but I don't think Trump has any avenue by which he can suspend the election. An executive order won't do it.

His idiot son-in-law had to walk back this suggestion recently.

The politicisation of the coronavirus has killed people.
Some republican governors held back issusing stay at home orders so the virus spread .
Then cdc issued guidelines when to reopen . Trump then tweeted liberate to the population of democratic states. This encouraged Republican states to open early without reaching the guidelines. Those states are now suffering.
The epicentre early states around Ny have waited to reopen and like other states are reconsidering opening more up or actually reversing their decisions like closing bars and beaches.
Not all republican states kowtowed to trump ,,iowa and maryland. Some democratic states who closed up early like California and opened up are suffering badly .
Then the whole business of supply of ppe and ventilators . The republicans
Held spending to restock the stockpile in last obama period . trump had 3years to restock and was denying how bad the virus was till March .
Then the distribution of the stock pile became political. The republicans had open line to kushner and trump and the dems had to try to get stock in a ebay auction situation.

This will bite the RWNJ in the arz. This politicisation of what is essentially a health issue with economic consequences attached. Just another inconvenient truth they closed their eyes to.

Its just like the RWNJ other political/anti science front. Thats the shrill attacks on the science of Climate Change.

The RWNJ like to natter about some 'New World Order'. Well they are the New World Luddites. ;)

Stupid people in denial. They make a virtue of stupidity & everyone pays the price.

So, what’s the details of the replacement health policy?
He’s had 4 years, but now a few months out of an election, in the middle of a health pandemic he wants to replace this with what??

I think I have it.
The pandemic kills all the old and chronically ill.
Only the healthy survive.
Even with allowance for some long term chronic respiratory disease the cost to health system will be much less.
Then they get to nationalise all the private hospitals over there (as they run out of money) cut doctors payments, reduce over investigation and implement something like our Medicare

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In addition specific polling has been refined

For instance detailed polling in Florida is currently looking bad for Trump (he cannot win without Florida)
Further, Senate seats in both Texas and Arizona look to be in trouble

Just out of interest how is Canada dealing with a failed state beset by an out of control epidemic at their southern border?
And at the southern end of the US, poor Mexico is dealing with the same problem.

At least Trump is building a wall at the US's expense to protect the Mexicans though.

Even Pence!

Okay, so in the last 24 hours, the following people have broken from Trump's orbit

McConnell - got all his judges, now he's encouraging mask use
Hannity - falling behind McConnell
Pence - on the phone with governors yesterday congratulating the governors who are shutting back down their states right now

7drHiqr.gif
They arent breaking from trumps orbit. They are making it easier for him politically to adopt masks. This is a coordinated approach by republicans so trump doesnt lose face when he decides to start wearing them.

They arent breaking from trumps orbit. They are making it easier for him politically to adopt masks. This is a coordinated approach by republicans so trump doesnt lose face when he decides to start wearing them.

Perhaps they wouldn't need to make it "easier" for the deadshit had he communicated like a responsible adult in the first place.

It's a very strange world we live in where the President continually needs people to run coverage for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back