Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 14: Never failed a test I didn’t take

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 5, 2007
Punt Road
AFL Club
Richmond
I developed an allergic sensitivity to sanctimony after 12 years of religious indoctrination. It can be difficult for those who haven't been exposed to it's corrupting influence. The way Catholic priests groomed their victims is now happening on a world scale. Be careful, the desire to be a good little obedient boy makes you particularly susceptible.

You are the most sanctimonious * on here.

Seek help.

Oct 2, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Doesn’t a poor person in India, China, Europe Africa america - doesn’t a poor person suffer all over the world? Indeed, doesn’t a poor person in a poor country suffer more than an African American.

Of course they do. But you were asking me for policies a country like the USA could implement to combat entrenched disadvantage stemming from that countries prior racist policies.

For what its worth I also support foreign aid to help tackle those problems with poverty in other places of the world as well, but that's a totally different topic.

Examine your self. Why, is this your obsession? We directly caused Numberless orphans and mutiliated Bodies across the Middle East. Those who manage to escape our barbarism and somehow land on our shores we cage in off shore islands.

I agree! But it's not an either/or man. We can do both.

This is now the fashion. So, when the fashion was to hate homosexuals you would have been right in the middle of the mob. When the fashion was to treat the indigenous like fauna you would have been there too.

I dont know how you got there ^^^, based on my post supporting affirmative action to combat entrenched racism stemming from prior racist policies.

No, I didnt hate homosexuals. I voted to allow them to marry, and was quite vociferous prior to that about removing that entrenched discrimination they copped. And no, I have never desired to treat indigenous people like fauna; I mean I am literally here advocating for Abstudy and similar programs to help them get over that past injustice.

Aug 1, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
You are the most sanctimonious fu** on here.

Seek help.

Familiarize yourself with the definition below. The constant attribution of racism to anyone that disagrees with you is stereo-typically a display of moral superiority. My pointing this out to you is not a moral issue, it is intellectual clarity. I must say, you routinely seem to enjoy inviting a low level of public humiliation. What is that about?

sanctimonious
adjective
DEROGATORY
making a show of being morally superior to other people.

Last edited:

Fire

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 12, 2003
New York
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The US is broken, and will completley fail before it is fixed.

The issue, as everyone on the outside looking in can see, is twofold; a fragile, dysfunctional government with little checks and balances, and Republicans. Not conservatives. Just Republicans.

The level of politocal dialogue over here is purile and based on flawed idealism. Republicans are incredibly insular, and one of their main arguments is self perpetuating; they cry "why would you trust the government with your X? They cant be trusted to run anything, look how bad they are!", as they run around tearing down and sabotaging those same institutions and systems.

FFS, the Republicans only election platform is to instill conservative judges; no one even pretends that it is meant to be an independent institution above partisanship. It's just a rubber stamp to them; another institution to fail.

They politicised a ******* virus and it worked.

Theres no coming back from where they are now. Trump may go, but Republicans will still be here.

This MAGA guy has solved the problem so as not to disappoint the Orange One.

2020-06-29_140158.jpg

Aug 1, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Of course they do. But you were asking me for policies a country like the USA could implement to combat entrenched disadvantage stemming from that countries prior racist policies.

For what its worth I also support foreign aid to help tackle those problems with poverty in other places of the world as well, but that's a totally different topic.

I agree! But it's not an either/or man. We can do both.

I dont know how you got there ^^^, based on my post supporting affirmative action to combat entrenched racism stemming from prior racist policies.

No, I didnt hate homosexuals. I voted to allow them to marry, and was quite vociferous prior to that about removing that entrenched discrimination they copped. And no, I have never desired to treat indigenous people like fauna; I mean I am literally here advocating for Abstudy and similar programs to help them get over that past injustice.
Yes, now that it is fashionable.

Let's say, back in the 1970s, you live in a rough area, your life long juvenile mates get excited about going NTTAWWTter bashing. Now, if you say no, they are likely to accuse you of being one of them and ostracize you, make fun of you in front of the whole school. The ramifications are significant. You step up and say * you - you will not participate! Now that's guts. And people did that - and those people helped change the world. Those people didn't stand up on platforms and tell anyone how brave they were or how bad their peers were either. They acted simply out of human decency.

This same display of anti-racism today 2020 - is just cheap theatre. There are no consequences, nothing at stake, everyone agrees, its in our laws. Even the people you accuse of white supremacy will deny it.

You are frauds: sabre rattling heroes wanting to claim victory in a battle you never participated in and against opponents long dead.

Whilst, the very real battles in front of you - as outlined above - you duck or give token consideration to mute your dormant conscience.

Familiarize yourself with the definition below. The constant attribution of racism to anyone that disagrees with you is stereo-typically a display of moral superiority. My pointing this out to you is not a moral issue, it is intellectual clarity. I must say, you routinely seem to enjoy inviting a low level of public humiliation. What is that about?

sanctimonious
adjective
DEROGATORY
making a show of being morally superior to other people.
Your response is a great example of you being sanctimonious as is #981.

Do you have any self refection capability?

E Shed

Fremantle Obsessive
Sep 10, 2006
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle

The issue, as everyone on the outside looking in can see, is twofold; a fragile, dysfunctional government with little checks and balances, and Republicans. Not conservatives. Just Republicans.

The level of politocal dialogue over here is purile and based on flawed idealism. Republicans are incredibly insular, and one of their main arguments is self perpetuating; they cry "why would you trust the government with your X? They cant be trusted to run anything, look how bad they are!", as they run around tearing down and sabotaging those same institutions and systems.

FFS, the Republicans only election platform is to instill conservative judges; no one even pretends that it is meant to be an independent institution above partisanship. It's just a rubber stamp to them; another institution to fail.

Theres no coming back from where they are now. Trump may go, but Republicans will still be here.
I agree with all you wrote but I do think Trump has taken corruption and the flouting (and plain ignoring) of what checks and balances there are to level never seen previously. It remains to be seen if they can put it back together when he's gone.

Partly this is due to Trump's off the charts narcissism and lack of any moral centre but what made it possible was the systematic attacks on the media. Being caught out and plastered on the front page used to enough to discourage corruption and lead to consequences if you were caught but Trump, enabled by the compliant media like Fox just scream fake news and say black is white and up is down and no one knows anymore what to believe.
Trump has fired or been left by anyone around him prepared to stand up for honesty and decency and systematically gutted the oversight mechanisms that have been in place.
He's burned the swamp to the ground and created a Banana Republic in its place.

Oct 3, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chicago Cubs
Yes, now that it is fashionable.

Let's say, back in the 1970s, you live in a rough area, your life long juvenile mates get excited about going NTTAWWTter bashing. Now, if you say no, they are likely to accuse you of being one of them and ostracize you, make fun of you in front of the whole school. The ramifications are significant. You step up and say fu** you - you will not participate! Now that's guts. And people did that - and those people helped change the world. Those people didn't stand up on platforms and tell anyone how brave they were or how bad their peers were either. They acted simply out of human decency.

This same display of anti-racism today 2020 - is just cheap theatre. There are no consequences, nothing at stake, everyone agrees, its in our laws. Even the people you accuse of white supremacy will deny it.

You are frauds: sabre rattling heroes wanting to claim victory in a battle you never participated in and against opponents long dead.

Whilst, the very real battles in front of you - as outlined above - you duck or give token consideration to mute your dormant conscience.
So this is your plan now that Trump and his band of conservative zombies are so indefensible even to a RWNJ like you - attack everyone else in the thread.

So this is your plan now that Trump and his band of conservative zombies are so indefensible even to a RWNJ like you - attack everyone else in the thread.

You nailed it. Since no-one reacted to a week of his pathetically dim-witted "literally Hitler" shtick, he's now giving the personal attack approach a run.

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
Republicans are incredibly insular, and one of their main arguments is self perpetuating; they cry "why would you trust the government with your X? They cant be trusted to run anything, look how bad they are!", as they run around tearing down and sabotaging those same institutions and systems.
Exactly. The Repos have spend decades stomping round the countryside chanting GOVERNMENT BAD!!! OOGA BOOGA!!! and doing everything in their power to trash the whole institution of government from the inside.

Now there's this little ol' problem called a pandemic, and it turns out the only thing with a snowball's chance in hell of dealing with it... is government.

They've schatte in their own bed. They can lie in it. * 'em.

Last edited by a moderator:

GuruJane

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts RIP
Feb 18, 2003
home of the mighty sa
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn, Tottenham
Partly this is due to Trump's off the charts narcissism and lack of any moral centre but what made it possible was the systematic attacks on the media. Being caught out and plastered on the front page used to enough to discourage corruption and lead to consequences if you were caught but Trump, enabled by the compliant media like Fox just scream fake news and say black is white and up is down and no one knows anymore what to believe.

ooi - who are the media outlets other than Fox who are "enabling" Trump?

CNN? MSNBC? NBC? ABC?CBS? NYT? WAPO? Los Angeles Times? Boston Globe? NPR?

mcnulty

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Trump failed the USA. He let the country down. He downplayed this world-wide pandemic, refusing to comply with the medical profession, exercising his authority in causing them to ease their guidelines with suggestions rather than forceful comments. Common sense not his forte and not wearing a mask has become his and his followers a symbol. The irony is that it is not a symbol of strength, but of weakness, but he doesn't get it. A manly man does the right thing. It is the puny little weasel that in his insecurity uses something as important as wearing a mask during a pandemic as his sign of false strength.

His pushing for opening up the economy before the nation was ready, not understanding the waves of cases were never on a path of normalcy but were riding a tide that was due to become a monsoon; irresponsible.

Jared's handling of supplies with Trump's blessing is unforgivable requiring states to fend for themselves instead of government overseeing their distribution. Governors had to outbid states paying exorbitant prices for N95 masks, ventilators, etc. He called himself the "wartime president," but didn't understand the role he needed to play, never using the Defense Production Act as it was supposed to be used.

This fiasco is all Trump's and though he doesn't want to own it, it is his.

These are the probably least batshit crazy ones...make of the what you will..
One often quoted in BF forums, Federalist is missing from that list.

More comprehensive here:

Nov 17, 2013
Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Sheffield Wednesday

What does "completely fail" look like though? This is what I'm having trouble imagining.

Persistent civil unrest and riots? Texas/California/Cascadia seceding? A president going full authoritarian and dismantling what's left of their crumbling institutions?

Or do they just continue vaguely holding themselves together amidst stagnating/declining living standards while their geopolitcal influence wanes?

What does "completely fail" look like though? This is what I'm having trouble imagining.

Persistent civil unrest and riots? Texas/California/Cascadia seceding? A president going full authoritarian and dismantling what's left of their crumbling institutions?

Or do they just continue vaguely holding themselves together amidst stagnating/declining living standards while their geopolitcal influence wanes?

Split the entire country into individual countries by states and make a new Europe style situation.

So, who had "July 2020" in the sweep for the month that Nick Kyrgios finally sounds more sane and mature than the POTUS?

mcnulty

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
America’s corporations and great tertiary institutions still attract the best and brightest from around the world. This and the entrepreneurial spirit will survive, at least in the short term.

The frightening thing is just how much contempt half the population has for some of the very things that make them great, and how much animosity there is between tribes over there right now.

I think the decline will be gradual but very real. And it’s a bit of a powder keg right now, to be sure.

jatz14

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 13, 2011
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Glory W-League
I'm sure all those people killed in the peaceful wars that America has funded and profited on agree with your assessment.
Most peaceful period in history.

By a lot.

Not, totally conflict free.

That isn't confusing is it.

Because with the fall of American exceptionalism, we are far more likely to return to the eras where people's lives were almost constantly interrupted by conflict, than to ascend to some Zen like Nirvana of peace and harmony.

Trump is a danger, to the US, to the world. He may have irreparably damaged the position of the US in the world.

That's a bad thing, and many will suffer because of it.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

Most peaceful period in history.

By a lot.

Not, totally conflict free.

That isn't confusing is it.

Because with the fall of American exceptionalism, we are far more likely to return to the eras where people's lives were almost constantly interrupted by conflict, than to ascend to some Zen like Nirvana of peace and harmony.

Trump is a danger, to the US, to the world. He may have irreparably damaged the position of the US in the world.

That's a bad thing, and many will suffer because of it.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

Trump is just the inevitable result of what Americas always been and always will end up.

Americas collapse will * the world over, we all know this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back