Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 14: Never failed a test I didn’t take

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Last edited by a moderator:
Nope. But when someone says there shouldn't be protests against police brutality, and justifies it by a clip of police murdering an unarmed guy, well, the question begs to be asked. And if you believe police brutality is wrong, why have a problem with the protests?
You accuse me of strawmen but come at me with this Cathy Newman style childishness. See her interview with Jordan Peterson to know what I mean.
"You say you have a problem with weeks of 'demonstrations' that have resulted in 20+ deaths and hundreds of millions of dollars of damage... so you're saying you SUPPORT police brutality!?"
Sure that is part of it. Nobody being honest denies that.
Thank you. The rest of your post is cliched waffle about how it's everyone's fault but their own. Which has some validity, but isn't the most helpful of messages to send.

Don't get me wrong, his debate performance is bad, his answers are incoherent and all of that. I just think the voting public are more sensitive to Biden is all and Trump's campaign have a knack of magnifying their opponents shortfalls. Almost like the negative brand that had been cultivated around senility is his issue.
Trump supporters have become indifferent to incompetent, incoherent and plain right daft comments from him.

He could sound like a blathering idiot, and it will not turn off 1 supporter.

Any mildly coherent comment then looks like genius.

Biden will be crucified for 1 slip.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's not an "important issue" at all to anyone with a basic grasp of statistics. One individual example with George Floyd, inexcusable as it was, does not erase the fact that black Americans are safer per interaction with police than white Americans are. So your suggestion that the resulting protests and riots were more justified during a pandemic than a July 4th party is ridiculous.

Were there riots over this? CNN source for your convenience.

Should there have been riots, or at least action?

Your argument seems odd.

It's alright shooting unarmed white people, so black people should be ok with it?

Do you see that maybe it's the reaction to shooting white people that is out of kilter.

I would also point out that if there is entrenched racism in the police force, and that police force acts towards white people in this manner, then I can imagine what happens to black people off camera.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forgive my naivete, which part of this tweet is wrong?

Was the 'lynch' narrative not shown to be a hoax?

I thought it was admitted that the whole thing was a media hoax.
It wasn't a hoax. A hoax is an attempt to deceive.

The only black Nascar driver goes into a garage just after the BLM protests, and on the door is a rope tied in to a loop that looked like a noose. It was raised as a potential issue, it became clear from photos of the area that it had been like that for a while and so it wasn't intentionally left there to threaten him, it was just a coincidence.

That's not a hoax. It is a misunderstanding.

There goes I hardly knew Her line

The most direct but not exactly most serene way to travel to Mar-a-Lago, I discovered one weekend not long ago, is aboard Trump’s 727, the same aircraft he gave up during the blip and, after an almost decent interval, bought back. My fellow-passengers included Eric Javits, a lawyer and nephew of the late Senator Jacob Javits, bumming a ride; Ghislaine Maxwell, the daughter of the late publishing tycoon and inadequate swimmer Robert Maxwell, also bumming a ride;

Then, last October, Trump came into possession of what a normal person would regard as real money. For a hundred and forty-two million dollars, he sold his half interest in the Grand Hyatt Hotel, on Forty-second Street, to the Pritzker family, of Chicago, his longtime, and long-estranged, partners in the property.
The governor of Illinois is J.B. Pritzker.
One wonders if Trump feud over the months regarding coronavirus aid with Pritzker (D) is payback for the events when His family were estranged business partners .
Narcissists never forgive or forget Someone going against them.

The only black Nascar driver goes into a garage just after the BLM protests, and on the door is a rope tied in to a loop that looked like a noose. It was raised as a potential issue, it became clear from photos of the area that it had been like that for a while and so it wasn't intentionally left there to threaten him, it was just a coincidence.

Maybe Bubba Wallace misunderstood but do you really think nobody worked out right away that this was not left there for him?

Seriously?

The media only admitted it was a hoax when somebody found footage from a few months ago of the same noose in the same garage.

If it weren't for that, they would still be claiming it was a racist threat (which is an outrageous claim to make when there's no evidence to support it).

Siding with the confederate flag is the issue.

Isn't the confederate flag a big part of NASCAR culture?

If NASCAR wants to ban the flag that's up to them, seems to me Trump is saying that they are costing themselves viewers.

Which is evidently true.

So again, what did Trump say in that tweet that is wrong?

The dude is a walking talking caricature, there's no need to misrepresent him or get angry about strawmen.

Unless you guys have swallowed so much Colbert koolaid that you just enjoy getting mad at tweets.

Is that how far gone you are? Seriously?

Take a deep breath and reconsider your emotions.

Trump is a clown, American presidential politics is a circus. Don't let it get you mad or angry.

That's what the media wants. They love Trump for this very reason, and it is why I think he'll win again.

He's the ratings gift that keeps on giving.

Haha wow, they forgot that gold is more than twice as dense as copper? Joke's on them :$

Lol, the bank didn’t weigh it - they took the company at their word because an insurance company backed them. Too bad the insurance company was also in on it.

Don't know about a monty, but I'm seriously considering putting money on Trump... and I gave up betting on footy five years ago.

There’s a place where a lot of people do the same thing. It’s called the US stock market.

That’s where the American public puts its faith in the US economy to rebound and for Trump to be re-elected. It’s sure as hell not going up because they think Biden will be President :p

It wasn't even him. Someone else found what appeared to be a noose in his garage. He was told about it.

I also doubt it was his idea for the solidarity parade.

But now, its a black guy committing a hoax.

Suppose someones got to put them back in their box.

Maybe Bubba Wallace misunderstood but do you really think nobody worked out right away that this was not left there for him?

Seriously?

The media only admitted it was a hoax when somebody found footage from a few months ago of the same noose in the same garage.

If it weren't for that, they would still be claiming it was a racist threat (which is an outrageous claim to make when there's no evidence to support it).

Isn't the confederate flag a big part of NASCAR culture?

If NASCAR wants to ban the flag that's up to them, seems to me Trump is saying that they are costing themselves viewers.

Which is evidently true.

So again, what did Trump say in that tweet that is wrong?

The dude is a walking talking caricature, there's no need to misrepresent him or get angry about strawmen.

Unless you guys have swallowed so much Colbert koolaid that you just enjoy getting mad at tweets.

Is that how far gone you are? Seriously?

Take a deep breath and reconsider your emotions.

Trump is a clown, American presidential politics is a circus. Don't let it get you mad or angry.

That's what the media wants. They love Trump for this very reason, and it is why I think he'll win again.

He's the ratings gift that keeps on giving.
Confederate flag is part of racist losers culture, which is why Nascar is getting rid of it.
How would anyone work out, right away, that it wasn't meant for him, seriously.
Why would saying it may have racist overtones be outrageous in the current climate. Saying a SPECIFIC person did it, without evidence, that would be outrageous, but nobody did.

It wasnt a hoax. So that part of Trumps tweet is wrong.

He shouldn't apologise, so that part is wrong.

If Nascar are willing to lose viewers to distance themselves from racist arseholes, thats ok with me, and apparently ok with them.

Yep, and I think it was found by NASCAR, rather than Wallace’s crew. Most of the concern came from his fellow drivers - the initial response being that it certainly ‘walked like a duck’.

I understand that in 2015, former NASCAR chairman Brian France, who may have known a thing or two about ethical branding and found lynching to be personally distasteful, tried to ban flying the confederate battle flags at tracks. It wasn’t mandated and largely ignored.

The flag ‘issue’ had risen to prominence in June 2015, after nine black churchgoers were slain in Charleston, South Carolina. The suspect in the case, Dylann Roof, had embraced white supremacist symbols before the attack, posing with the rebel battle flag.

“They're trying to grow the sport. I've lived in South Carolina all my life and if you're in business, the Confederate (battle) flag is not a good way to grow your business." - Lindsey Graham

Last edited:
Kayleigh McEnany with an absolute pearler of a quote in her press conference today.

Q: "How do you think the world is looking at the United States right now?"

KM: "I think the world is looking at us as a leader in COVID-19."

I mean technically the US is "leading" with the most cases and deaths, so there's an element of truth in it.

But to think any other country is looking at their response and saying "wow, I wish we followed the US's example" is just straight up idiotic.

Kayleigh McEnany with an absolute pearler of a quote in her press conference today.

Q: "How do you think the world is looking at the United States right now?"

KM: "I think the world is looking at us as a leader in COVID-19."

I mean technically the US is "leading" with the most cases and deaths, so there's an element of truth in it.

But to think any other country is looking at their response and saying "wow, I wish we followed the US's example" is just straight up idiotic.
But the clip is what Fox will play, and the information that his supporters will see. Hence their strident opposition to any countervailing view, belief that it is fake news and part of the deep state’s incessant campaign to unlawfully remove a great President.

His supporters truly believe he works tirelessly for the American people, introducing major policy reform and legislation, that has driven the employment rates of coloured Americans, the return of manufacturing jobs etc etc.

Last edited:

Seriously?

You have twisted every single element of what happened in to extremes, extremes with little relation to what actually happened, in order to justify your outrage.

Why?

I really don't get it.

The media didn't "admit it was a hoax", they reported that it was found to be a misunderstanding. They "only" did that after somebody found footage that the rope had been there for some time because up until that point people didn't know how it had got there and if it had been put there with purpose. I don't know how they are supposed to report that until the evidence is there.

They reported that it had been interpreted to be a possible racist threat. It had been. They then reported that it wasn't a racist threat when the evidence was presented that it wasn't. I don't know what more they are supposed to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back