Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 17: Old Man Yells At Crowds

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Mod Notice
* Thread monitored actively. User who drag it down will be removed

Specifically: reference to TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) and its counterpart 'Trumpanzee' or anything similar will no longer be allowed.

Personal attacks are also to be kept to a minimum.

As always, please submit ideas for the thread title by tagging me! Winner announced when I get around to it.

Joe Biden, 46th President Thread is over there ->

Presidential Election Aftermath thread is here ->

I still just don’t see an American President ever getting arrested, no matter how much they deserve to. And I don’t think any of them want this precedent, because if Trump can be arrested for this, how can we ignore that it’s the week of the 20th anniversary of the invasion of Iraq, a heinous crime for which all the perpetrators remain unpunished?

I know for most Trump is a special exception (for the better or the worse) to the American system rather than the encapsulation of its monstrosity, but is that enough to ignore the dissonance? I suppose Nixon remains the great villain of the 20th century White House despite Watergate being a comparatively minor crime, both in the context of his own presidency and more widely.

Anyway, whether nothing happens overnight or he does indeed get arrested and we have a January 6 style attempted prison break, I’m sure it will be funny, which is all we can hope for in the clown show that is American politics.
The invasion of Iraq, however much it was a crime, is also 'foreign policy'. No president can or will be charged for a crime for carrying out the duties of President, however terribly they did.

The things they are coming after Trump for do not come under the heading of act of the President of the US, they are an act of Trump, immoral grift weasel.

The only court likely to indict a US president is the ICC, and the US already has laws in place that basically say, You take any American to the Hague for an international trial, then the US military is pre authorised to do whatever is required to get them out.

So, that isn't happening.

I'm enjoying the mental gymnastics of the MAGAts trying to respond to this.

One half think protests are essential and they need to do what Daddy Trump says. Anyone trying to play down enthusiasm must be an FBI/Deep State/Soros shill.

The other half think protests are going to be an orchestrated false-flag to make them look bad. Anyone promoting them must be an FBI/Deep State/Soros shill.

I'm enjoying the mental gymnastics of the MAGAts trying to respond to this.

One half think protests are essential and they need to do what Daddy Trump says. Anyone trying to play down enthusiasm must be an FBI/Deep State/Soros shill.

The other half think protests are going to be an orchestrated false-flag to make them look bad. Anyone promoting them must be an FBI/Deep State/Soros shill.
The problem in the end is Trump supporters are the dumbest people to ever draw breath and dumb people do stupid things making it very hard to predict what they might do.

Barricades going up around Manhattan Court building

I'm not sure the MAGA crowd will be protesting too much, except for rent a crowd. It's protesting for being Trump being charged with illegally paying off a sex worker with campaign funds, it isn't really that captivating/motivating/energizing. It's a wonderfully tacky and tawdry thing to get done for, perfect for someone of Mr Trumps class.
The problem in the end is Trump supporters are the dumbest people to ever draw breath and dumb people do stupid things making it very hard to predict what they might do.
At least you know it's going to be dumb, the problem is it's so dumb it's had to anticipate.

It's not like he's going to prison. He's going to be bailed out immediately. I bet they have a plan for it to be a surrender, quick hearing and back out.

But I bet Trump has other plans to make it a spectacle.

My guess is a rent-a-crowd impromptu campaign speech on the steps.

It's not like he's going to prison. He's going to be bailed out immediately. I bet they have a plan for it to be a surrender, quick hearing and back out.

For a deal like this to occur he'd either have to
1. Agree to drop his 2024 campaign.
2. Offer a public apology.

I don't think his ego is going to allow either of those two things to happen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For a deal like this to occur he'd either have to
1. Agree to drop his 2024 campaign.
2. Offer a public apology.

I don't think his ego is going to allow either of those two things to happen
It wouldn't be a long Bail hearing. He owns property all over the country, is running a Presidential campaign and has family in the US. He wouldn't be deemed a flight risk.

How would a public apology help with a legal problem? Public apologies are for sentencing time, not bail before a trial.

He'll plead not guilty and be let out pending trial and drag the trial out beyond the 2024 election.

All we want to see is the mugshot. Surely it'll be the best, most perfect mugshot of all time.

Front page of every paper in the US.

Wasn't the point I was making, you were wrong.

No, you misunderstood me.

Obama approved hundreds of drone strikes that killed thousands of people, including numerous children. Which is a substantially worse crime than what it appears Trump is going in for (and one that he’s also guilty of).

I’m saying it’s a worse crime than what Trump is currently in potential jeopardy over. And then in parenthesis note that Trump is guilty of the same, but not in any strife over it.

I only know two Trump supporters in real life and they're both pretty capable, intelligent people, which is what makes their slavish devotion even more troubling.

No, you misunderstood me.

I’m saying it’s a worse crime than what Trump is currently in potential jeopardy over. And then in parenthesis note that Trump is guilty of the same, but not in any strife over it.
Nah, if Trump did more, than how can you only single out Obama?

Anyway, this is the Trump thread not Obama.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back