Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 7 - Trump takes full responsibility.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was a war monger bombing a dozen countries and destabilizing a region allowing ISIS to spawn, he then proceeded to make a token effort at stopping them. I can have it both ways.

Working on it. Isn't he supposed to have started WWIII by now?
See? He fails at everything.

Was flicking through US politics on YouTube last night and came across RM talking about one Scott Lloyd, one of Trump's 'best people' appointees.
What a despicable person, not only is he an advocate of anti abortion but also contraceptives. Now I don't have a huge problem with his personal beliefs as long as it doesn't interfere with doing his job according to the law.

Decided to do a bit more reading about him. He was appointed to be in charge of refugee settlement (no previous experience in the area which I presume is the norm).

He withheld abortion (which is legal) rights to teenagers that had become pregnant as a result of rape. Kids as young as 12! He was taken to court over one 17 year old that he did everything in his power to stop. Instead of offering proper counseling to these young females, he only authorised counseling from anti abortion services. He wouldn't allow them access to doctors appointments, they were basically locked up. He was ordered by a judge to not obstruct and the girl won her case and had the abortion.

It has since been discovered that he ordered his staff to prepare weekly spreadsheets (some 28 pages) on the girls detailing their last menstrual period, whether sex was consensual or not including rape, when they were due and offered the same counseling service despite a judge ordering that he desist.

He is also one of the people that was in charge of the children in detention that are still missing.

Perhaps because of the publicity, he was removed from his position but still works in the department. Should have been sacked!
Horrible person and have avoided using 'human being'!

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article...t-kids-he-never-told-the-trump-administration
https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/scott-lloyd-removed-o-r-r-755468/
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...grant-from-getting-an-abortion/?noredirect=on

Last edited:

Was flicking through US politics on YouTube last night and came across RM talking about one Scott Lloyd, one of Trump's 'best people' appointees.
What a despicable person, not only is he an advocate of anti abortion but also contraceptives. Now I don't have a huge problem with his personal beliefs as long as it doesn't interfere with doing his job according to the law.

Decided to do a bit more reading about him. He was appointed to be in charge of refugee settlement (no previous experience in the area which I presume is the norm).

He withheld abortion (which is legal) rights to teenagers that had become pregnant as a result of rape. Kids as young as 12! He was taken to court over one 17 year old that he did everything in his power to stop. Instead of offering proper counseling to these young females, he only authorised counseling from anti abortion services. He wouldn't allow them access to doctors appointments, they were basically locked up. He was ordered by a judge to not obstruct and the girl won her case and had the abortion.

It has since been discovered that he ordered his staff to prepare weekly spreadsheets (some28 pages) on the girls detailing their last menstrual period, whether sex was consensual or not including rape, when they were due and offered the same counseling service despite a judge ordering that he desist.

He is also one of the people that was in charge of the children in detention that are still missing.

Perhaps because of the publicity, he was removed from his position but still works in the department. Should have been sacked!
Horrible person and have avoided using 'human being'!

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article...t-kids-he-never-told-the-trump-administration
https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/scott-lloyd-removed-o-r-r-755468/
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...grant-from-getting-an-abortion/?noredirect=on
Only the best...not

Might be unpopular opinion on here but Trump is a great president in my opinion.

Well articulated reasoning too, really changed my mind.

The goldfish-like memory of the average bigfooty poster can't reach back to say early 2016, which was a time when it felt like each week you would turn on the morning telly and see rolling coverage of another terrorist attack. Trump wrapped that up in months. People across the west should be a bit more grateful for that.
You post this literally only 1 day after one of the biggest terrorist attacks in the west in decades. The irony is mindboggling. Who has a goldfish memory again?

Us trade deficit is now the highest in 10 years.

Didnt trump run on trying to reduce the deficit? Werent tariffs and his new trade deals supposed to reduce the deficit? Funny how it did not. Instead the trade deficit went in exactly the direction all the economists said it would cos tariffs dont impact deficits and fiscal spending splurges increase them.

Slow clap for trump who thinks he knows better than experts.

Us trade deficit is now the highest in 10 years.

Didnt trump run on trying to reduce the deficit? Werent tariffs and his new trade deals supposed to reduce the deficit? Funny how it did not. Instead the trade deficit went in exactly the direction all the economists said it would cos tariffs dont impact deficits and fiscal spending splurges increase them.

Slow clap for trump who thinks he knows better than experts.
Planet America had some good explanation of how the trade deficit wasn't as bad a signal as it looks, given a lot of the deficit was due to production inputs.

When was the last islamist attack inside the US?
Swapping one form of western terrorism with another doesnt change anything. There are still people being murdered. The biggest terrorist attack outside of 911 in the us occured under trumps presidency and the school massacre in florida was driven by right wing ideology the trump fosters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Planet America had some good explanation of how the trade deficit wasn't as bad a signal as it looks, given a lot of the deficit was due to production inputs.
Trade deficits are never bad on their own. They are driven by investment and savings imbalances and have nothing to do with trade competitiveness. But trump doesnt know that. His supporters dont know that.

Swapping one form of western terrorism with another doesnt change anything. There are still people being murdered. The biggest terrorist attack outside of 911 in the us occured under trumps presidency and the school massacre in florida was driven by right wing ideology the trump fosters.

I can't find ANY islamist or islamist associated attack in US since Trump became president.
Hard to believe - maybe someone else can find?

btw - you are wrong about the origins of the school massacre in Florida

Apparently everything is Trump's fault except the record low unemployment

Trade deficits are never bad on their own. They are driven by investment and savings imbalances and have nothing to do with trade competitiveness. But trump doesnt know that. His supporters dont know that.

I take it that you are happy with manufacturing jobs being sucked out of the west as a result of these trade deals?

I take it that you are happy with manufacturing jobs being sucked out of the west as a result of these trade deals?
Ofcourse I am. It helps reduce poverty in low income economies and improves our real incomes by making products cheaper for us back home. It also frees up our labour pool to work on other things which are usually far more rewarding then basic assembly line work. Its a win win win scenario.

Ofcourse I am. It helps reduce poverty in low income economies and improves our real incomes by making products cheaper for us back home. It also frees up our labour pool to work on other things which are usually far more rewarding then basic assembly line work. Its a win win win scenario.
The experience of locals in some factories suggests we need to extend our working conditions to countries with more lax laws.

What about the middle class people that used to be able to raise a family on those manufacturing wages and now can't afford to raise a family or buy a house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back