Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 8 - Totally exonerated bigly. (Cont in part 9)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because being in good general health means you couldn't possibly have sub 100% hearing or mishear someone with an accent. Clap clap DH!
His doctor didn’t say he was in good general health, he said he was the healthiest president that has ever assumed the particular office. Surely that applies to hearing too, no? Or are you suggesting the good doctor may have been mistaken or embellished his report?

His doctor didn’t say he was in good general health, he said he was the healthiest president that has ever assumed the particular office. Surely that applies to hearing too, no? Or are you suggesting the good doctor may have been mistaken or embellished his report?
m8, there was even an anti-Trumper in here who heard her say "took" instead of "killed". That's what I heard the first time, although I think she did actually say "killed"....

... but why are we even arguing this? It is a pointless, boy-who-cried-wolf argument. People mishear things sometimes, perfect health or not! How about we discuss Iran or something.

Exactly. His repulsive behaviour and rhetoric have given the OK for racists, 21st century Know Nothings, the sanctimonious religious whackos and others to act likewise. He is a poor role model who does not appeal to "the better angels of our nature".

The petrol station incident occurred just 11 km from where I lived half my life. The city of Napervile is an affluent, highly educated suburb. I am so embarrassed.
The question, Trump; genius or useful idiot willl be debated long after they've thrown dirt on most of us in this thread.

m8, there was even an anti-Trumper in here who heard her say "took" instead of "killed". That's what I heard the first time, although I think she did actually say "killed"....

... but why are we even arguing this? It is a pointless, boy-who-cried-wolf argument. People mishear things sometimes, perfect health or not! How about we discuss Iran or something.
I must tell you that I'm 70 years old as well, and my hearing ain't so good. :p

How do you judge merit with no context?
I suppose I use immediate context rather than look into remote past behaviour.

So (given this is a trump thread) I don’t really attach much significance to what trump did before becoming president. Mostly because it isn’t relevant to how trump will affect me in Australia.

Could be an overall health rating...

Of course much more likely it was a cash for opinion doctor.

I suppose I use immediate context rather than look into remote past behaviour.

So (given this is a trump thread) I don’t really attach much significance to what trump did before becoming president. Mostly because it isn’t relevant to how trump will affect me in Australia.
So do you look at every action in isolation? Or do you look at Trump's actions and the effects since he became the POTUS, and apply context from that to new situations?

So do you look at every action in isolation? Or do you look at Trump's actions and the effects since he became the POTUS, and apply context from that to new situations?
As I said due to time pressures and resulting in attention more the former; sometimes the latter when there is a longitudinal narrative eg build the wall, tariffs, North Korea

It would seem you're possibly more subjective than objective when it comes to looking at these kinds of issues.
Or maybe I just don’t agree with your position?
My main concern is how it affects me and Australia, I dismiss the suffering of us citizens and illegal immigrants and everyone in between as distant nothings.
I have come to this attitude re the USA after the repeated shootings; I find that I cannot hold empathy for such an essentially ****ed nation with a ***** of a second amendment. Add in their overtly religious attitudes and their non productive health system, I just point and laugh at the dumb arses.

Or maybe I just don’t agree with your position?
My main concern is how it affects me and Australia, I dismiss the suffering of us citizens and illegal immigrants and everyone in between as distant nothings.
I have come to this attitude re the USA after the repeated shootings; I find that I cannot hold empathy for such an essentially f’ed nation with a fu****** of a second amendment. Add in their overtly religious attitudes and their non productive health system, I just point and laugh at the dumb arses.
What does that have to do with whether or not telling dark skinned people to go back to where they came from is racist or not??

The direct footage isn’t too bad, he appears to be talking about (if persons are undocumented) then they are in country illegally.
However if he initiated it by inappropriate questions as stated by the family member later then that is racism and stupid.

Huh? It's not any numpties job requirement to be questioning random customers about their legal status based on nothing more than a hunch due to the colour of their skin, accent or whatever. That fits the very definition of discrimination to a tee. For all we know theses ladies were tourists enjoying their holiday, minding their own business until this halfwit came along and took it upon himself to act as if he was working for the immigration department.

I think it's telling that these sort of comments (i.e go back to where you came from) are generally directed at people of non-European background or not obviously fully 'white' even when the person in question, say for example Kyrgios, is widely known to have been born in the country mouth-breathing dopes (like Dawn Fraser, Shane Warne) are telling him to leave. It's a form of (IMO not so) subtle 'racism' (bigotry, prejudice call it whatever you want) that in this day and age is still surprisingly deemed acceptable by many Aussies of 'anglo' stock.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Huh? It's not any numpties job requirement to be questioning random customers about their legal status based on nothing more than a hunch due to the colour of their skin, accent or whatever. That fits the very definition of discrimination to a tee. For all we know theses ladies were tourists enjoying their holiday, minding their own business until this halfwit came along and took it upon himself to act as if he was working for the immigration department.

I think it's telling that these sort of comments (i.e go back to where you came from) are generally directed at people of non-European background or not obviously fully 'white' even when the person in question, say for example Kyrgios, is widely known to have been born in the country mouth-breathing dopes (like Dawn Fraser, Shane Warne) are telling him to leave. It's a form of (IMO not so) subtle 'racism' (bigotry, prejudice call it whatever you want) that in this day and age is still surprisingly deemed acceptable by many Aussies of 'anglo' stock.
Isn’t that similar to what I said in the second part of my comment?
But the only direct conversation (first section of video) we have to see the context is not obvious, it starts halfway in, it could have been a political discussion initiated by the customers and not about a specific family member.

Oh and re Kyrgios is it racially based or a response to floggish behaviour (vaguely remember similar directed at Lleyton during his bratty years)

What does that have to do with whether or not telling dark skinned people to go back to where they came from is racist or not??
Dunno; could have gotten off track after you suggested I am subjective rather than objective (which is more than likely; I find that true objectivity to be rare)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back