Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 9 - The Shi'ites Hit The Fan (Cont. in Part 10, see OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No he won't
Legitimately.. nothing I'm more sure of.

The desperate scratching at the edge of the cliff by leftists as they continue to fall off.

Maybe this one will hold they tell themselves as they slip further into another 5 years of Trump presidency
You guys don’t know what impeached means

Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
How many times ....
Biden senior was not threatening to withhold the aid for personal reasons, he was the agent of the USA government enacting US foreign policy, authorised by the President. He was the Vice President.

The enquiry into the company by the Ukraine DOJ had laid dormant for two years because there was no there there.

Hunter Biden was not employed by the company when it was under investigation. He was subsequently recruited to improve its image. You don’t employ someone for their contacts and potential influence in powerful circles if they are Mary Bloggs - bit like Anna Bligh recruited by the banks to improve their image - a profile helps enormously, knowledge of banking not required whatsoever.
Jfc. Imagine for a second that the script is flipped, and what Biden did was actually committed by Trump. Would you accept any "muh standard foreign policy!" excuses? Of course not. I dislike Trump these days, but this entire narrative of "if he sneezes without covering his mouth he must be impeached" is so frikking one eyed and absurd. It's both fascinating and tragic that peeps believe anything that backs up their own personal biases.

Enacted official US foreign policy, as far as I can tell.

There is the question of what his son was doing on that board in the first place, but that wasn't what Trump was asking to be investigated on THE TRANSCRIPT that he insists we refer to.
Hmmm that’s what I thought.

So Biden has not done anything worth investigating.

Excellent, glad that’s settled. Let’s not hear it raised again.

blackcat

Irving's godfather and handle
Dec 29, 2003
Beverly Hills 90210 Antifa bracket
AFL Club
Richmond
Jfc. Imagine for a second that the script is flipped, and what Biden did was actually committed by Trump. Would you accept any "muh standard foreign policy!" excuses? Of course not. I dislike Trump these days, but this entire narrative of "if he sneezes without covering his mouth he must be impeached" is so frikking one eyed and absurd. It's both fascinating and tragic that peeps believe anything that backs up their own personal biases.
Ronald Dahl mid-bracket children's novel about oversized stonefruit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I seriously don't get why this is so hard to process.

Yes, he was comfortable bragging about it because in withholding the aid to get rid of the prosecutor, he was enacting official US foreign policy. Its legit mind blowing this is still brought up as an argument against him.

The same prosecutor who had done nothing on the Burisma investigation for a number of years, had a widely known reputation for corruption himself, and that several other western governments and the IMF also wanted gone due to said reputation.

Could actually be argued the exact opposite is true - Biden's actions were designed to fight corruption by getting rid of a corrupt prosecutor. But that's neither here nor there in relation to the above facts and the legality of Biden's actions.

That wasn't true the first few times you said it and it still isn't true now. Whenever you're questioned on it you reference an example that isn't actually the same. Guess I'll just re-post what I said last time you wheeled this line out;
Well said, keep up the good work. We’ll beat back these right wing deep state propagandists one post at a time.

blackcat

Irving's godfather and handle
Dec 29, 2003
Beverly Hills 90210 Antifa bracket
AFL Club
Richmond
Currently it is
"A soft coup engineered by the deep state"
the caveat is:
____________the adjective qualifier soft is only relevant cos the coup is a domestic putsch, if this the run-of-the-mill foreign internicine bust-up there would be nothing soft about it and folks would have got knocked-off and assassinated.

Mick F

Mighty Snr
Dec 26, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
That’s right, acknowledge it happened and seek forgiveness. Give cover to the GOP senators.

‘Look the way Giuliani was handling this was clearly wrong. My bad.
Apologies.
The money eventually flowed.
I was talked out of this bad thing that was going on. That happens with a lot of things.’

‘I’ve tried to do a lot of things, fortunately the poor options I’ve been talked out of.
Here the money went, there was no deliverable, let’s move forward and work for the American people’.

But Trump won’t allow that argument to be made because he will continue to say the phone call was perfect. He doesn’t even realise they have moved on from the whistleblowers tip-off and the partial transcript of the call.
On Twitter Tuesday, Trump outlined the Republicans' defense of the delay in military aid being released to Ukraine:
* The July 25 call summary "shows no conditionality or evidence of pressure."
* Ukrainian "President (Volodymyr) Zelensky and President Trump have both said there was no pressure on the call."
* "The Ukrainian government was not aware of the hold on U.S. assistance" during the July 25 call.
* The security assistance hold was lifted on September 11.

The resulting GOP memo to Congressmen reads: "These four key points undercut the Democrat impeachment narrative that President Trump leveraged U.S. security assistance and a presidential meeting to force Ukraine to investigate the President's political rivals,".

In effect, House Republicans plan to argue that "the President's state of mind" was exculpatory.

Only the President knows what his ‘state of mind’ was, and as he has no intention of testifying, the House Committees will just have to accept his ‘word’ when he says that he has done nothing wrong. “The American people trust him to act, at all times, in the best interest of the USA. He is incapable of abusing his power.”

“Any testimony to the contrary is evidence that the official(s) either did not know, or misread ‘his state of mind’.”

Trump has denied any wrongdoing and has insisted the call with Zelensky was "perfect."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back