Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 9 - The Shi'ites Hit The Fan (Cont. in Part 10, see OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

"Michael Fullilove, executive director of the Lowy Institute, a foreign policy think tank, said: "I have spent a great deal of time in archives reading presidential correspondence. I have never seen anything like this."

Considering it looks like someone in grade 6 wrote it, I can believe this is the case.

He released both that photo and that letter thinking it made him look good. I guess that's what happens when no one competent will work for you.

Edit: And it appears that Pelosi has updated her twitter header:

EHCSvtCVUAANt1a

1571279051606.png

I wonder how General M is feeling about his letter to Trump being "confidentially" passed on to Erdogan :eek:

That was one of the reasons I thought it was fake, how can the USA be an honest broker in any resolution when it's passing on communications with one party confidentially to the other?

Wonder how Taiwan, Hong Kong, Yemen, South Korea, and the Ukraine are feeling today when they read this

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was one of the reasons I thought it was fake, how can the USA be an honest broker in any resolution when it's passing on communications with one party confidentially to the other?

Wonder how Taiwan, Hong Kong, Yemen, South Korea, and the Ukraine are feeling today when they read this
I to thought it fake (maybe still do). Sad it has come to the point where you don't know what to believe anymore.

The following is just another.

The comment below this tweet pretty much sums it up.

I don’t mean to be so crude but this is like trump putting out a statement that Stormy Daniels got f***** and he’s declaring a national emergency and we’re all like yeah dude you’re the one who f***** her. And the Kurds.

It seems normalised that it’s pot luck whether Trump will distribute private communications or even characterise them accurately in public.

Stable genius.

It seems normalised that it’s pot luck whether Trump will distribute private communications or even characterise them accurately in public.

Stable genius.

Personally I still can't believe some here still 100% believe the USA will help us with direct military intervention if we're attacked.

Do we need Obama’s mellifluous rhetoric while ... uhhh ... “liberating” Libya and Syria?
Whilst he was sending off angry letters and trying tough pouts in front of his mirror, Erdogan was bombing the Kurds. Trump’s hallow threats prove to be insipid yet again.

The letter was leaked to tamp down blowback - who thought that was a good idea?? General Kelly would have put the draft in the paper shredder - alas, he was the last adult in the room.

Today in front of the Congressional leaders Trump personally claimed credit for vanquishing ISIS within one month. He sincerely believes he can straight out lie to people who know he’s lying - what sort of fool does that??

Last edited:
You seem to reject anything that is contrary to your own biased beliefs.
You come across as unwilling to enter into a discussion without those biased beliefs and so, therefore, most discussion points that you disagree with are, in your mind, automatically wrong and themselves contain too much bias.
Shifting the goalposts to suit one's agenda is the sign of someone who fears they may lose an argument. Thus more worried about losing the argument than listening to any valid points that may be shared.

lol as opposed to what every lefty in this thread does? The hypocrisy.

I to thought it fake (maybe still do). Sad it has come to the point where you don't know what to believe anymore.

The following is just another.

The comment below this tweet pretty much sums it up.

I don’t mean to be so crude but this is like trump putting out a statement that Stormy Daniels got f***** and he’s declaring a national emergency and we’re all like yeah dude you’re the one who f***** her. And the Kurds.

So if he still around next year , will he declare a national emergency and cancel next years elections.

lol as opposed to what every lefty in this thread does? The hypocrisy.

Where was I hypocritical? Everyone has bias. That's a given. The most important part is the ability to try and place that to the side and listen to the other points of view without the need to distort or automatically label as the opposition.

Matt Taibbi fills in the gaps is his familiar exemplary fashion.
Good for you to read Chief since vMatt's not a propagandist.

"The logic of the Biden campaign, at least up until the Ukraine story broke, had been avoiding hot takes, focusing on this elemental tale tailored for the general-election message. This “above the fray” approach was described by The Washington Post as trying “to avoid the political spasm in which he is now the central figure.”

For a long time, it worked. After Biden announced his candidacy in April, he surged to a huge poll lead and joined Sanders as one of two Democrats to consistently poll well in head-to-head surveys against Trump.......

"He took working-class voters from Sanders and retained enough support from major donors to stall the momentum toward Warren. The problem is, Ukraine makes staying out of the “spasm” impossible. When the news broke that a CIA whistle-blower launched a complaint about President Trump’s apparent request that Ukraine investigate Biden and his son Hunter’s ties to Ukrainian gas giant Burisma, Joe had no choice but to respond.

"His initial strategy, after Trump released the rough transcript of his call to Zelensky, was to go full-on Liam Neeson and pitch Ukrainegate as a home invasion requiring urgent vengeance. He said Trump “abused his power to come after my family,” describing the implication that he or his son had done anything wrong as a “malicious conspiracy theory that has been debunked by every independent outlet that has looked at it.”

But Hunter Biden’s acceptance of a $50,000-per-month position with Burisma while Daddy was a sitting vice president with a foreign-policy brief is not conspiracy theory, but fact. It’s an automatically gruesome look. The Ukrainians were almost certainly looking to create the “perception that [Burisma] was backed by powerful Americans,” as The New York Times put it. This is before we get to the question of whether or not Hunter actually did anything to earn the money (unclear) or whether Joe Biden knew about the arrangement (father and son have told different stories).

The standard media take on Hunter’s no-show Burisma job has been “Sure, it looks completely like s**t, but is it illegal?” (“Of course there’s an appearance problem,” a “former adviser” told The Washington Post, before adding quickly that there is no evidence of “wrongdoing.”) Regarding Biden’s awareness or lack thereof of Hunter’s job, the standard line has been “no evidence of criminal wrongdoing,” the word “criminal” being operative.

There are other angles on the Ukraine story that seem destined to remain problematic, like Biden’s visit to Ukraine as vice president in December 2015. Uncle Joe delivered a Kneel Before Zod dictum to then-President Petro Poroshenko, declaring he would hold up a billion-dollar aid package if the country’s general prosecutor, Viktor Shokin, was not fired immediately. “I’m leaving in six hours,” he later recounted saying. “If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money.”

This incident would look Trump-level terrible if it were to come out that Shokin was investigating his son’s company. The Biden campaign, and most American news agencies, have insisted such investigations were “dormant.” However, multiple foreign news reports, including an early-October exposé by noted Russian opposition paper Novaya Gazeta about Burisma’s ties to a Russian fugitive named Sergei Kurchenko, have insisted there were in fact open investigations of the Ukrainian gas firm in late 2015. (The Biden campaign did not comment on the record about this story.)

Part of the problem is that this is not the first time Hunter Biden has been caught in a compromising position. In 2008, reports surfaced that Hunter had been retained as a consultant by the credit-card company MBNA while his father was on his way to voting for the infamous bankruptcy bill, which made it harder for debtors to declare bankruptcy.

The Obama campaign insisted “[Hunter’s] work had absolutely nothing to do with the bankruptcy bill,” but it sure didn’t look good. It likewise looked horrible when Hunter got a seat on the board of another major employer of Delawareans, Amtrak, with Sen. Tom Carper offering what feels like a sarcastic anti-recommendation of Joe’s son, saying he was qualified because “Hunter Biden has spent a lot of time on Amtrak trains.”

This is in addition to Joe Biden in 1996 having sold his Delaware house to an MBNA executive for $1.2 million — six times what he paid for it — in what The New York Times described as a word-of-mouth transaction.

Oh dear oh dear. These last three paras indicate there are more Biden misdeeds to come, Chief?

It's extremely frustrating to find objective journalism from the US , there's so much all round bias it's very hard to get a read on the actual situation whether it's Trumps approval rating , economic growth , business confidence or employment numbers.
Matt Taibbi is one I go to regularly as he calls it as he sees it , the Biden article is disturbing but he's not anti Democrat - his book "Insane Clown President" is a beauty.
He depicts America's journey which paved the way for a reality TV performer to win the highest office in the land with chilling insight.
He also lays out the many Trump faults and extreme narcissism and ponders what sort of Presidency that will generate - unfortunately what he feared is being played out now in plain sight :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back