Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 9 - The Shi'ites Hit The Fan (Cont. in Part 10, see OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For someone who believes to know the process you do seem very little understanding.

Let's put it in layman's terms.

Congress are investigating = could call them the police of this situation

Senate = The court

Now if Congress finds enough evidence to support 'prosecution' so to speak, then it will be up to the Senate to hear the case.

Congress are investigating, amongst other things, whether or not the Trump administration leveraged a foreign party to find 'dirt' on a rival presidential candidate. Which according to US Code is against the law. If this took place then Trump will be impeached, which is similar to being charged with a criminal offence.
This impeachment will then be heard in the Senate where all evidence will be tested and then a vote will take place.

Shags,

A bunch of shifty Democrats behind closed doors is congress now?, they refuse to take a vote or let Republicans see what they are doing, in fact refused entry to the proceedings

Sham, scam etc, but that's how these rats work

Shifty schiff and Pelosi on a salary of 200k in now worth over 120 million

Shags,

A bunch of shifty Democrats behind closed doors is congress now?, they refuse to take a vote or let Republicans see what they are doing, in fact refused entry to the proceedings

It has already been confirmed that there are indeed Republicans in the committee hearings.
Only those members of the committee are allowed in the hearings. No Democrat or Republican that are not a member of the committee are allowed to be a part of that process.

For someone who believes to know the process you do seem very little understanding.

I don't know what the process is or what the High Crime is supposed to be in this case. That's why I'm asking.

Congress are investigating, amongst other things, whether or not the Trump administration leveraged a foreign party to find 'dirt' on a rival presidential candidate. Which according to US Code is against the law.

What law?

Jesus. This thread makes me worry for the future.

Anyone following the situation right now and says "theres nothing to see here" through various phraising has no integrity.

Yeah Im left leaning, but if anyone on my side did what Trump has done then I'd be demanding their head. My concern of rule of law and appropriate use of powers by elected officials far outweigh whether my team is winning.

I can only hope the Trump fans grow weary of their lust for liberal tears before the whole system collapses into lawess authoritarianism.

But then again perhaps thats what we deserve. Perhaps the past two hundred years of functioning democracy was just an abberation.

Shags,

Oh and to just make sure that you understand the following US Govt links list all members of each committee

The usual Friday night report dump
Just waiting for Ivanka and Jareds report on using private email for government business

Dazza, if Trump said this the MSM would be in an absolute meltdown, leftist rags brain explosions.

"proof of collusion"

"Trump is a Russian agent"

"clearly we need to investigate to find out what exactly this means"

etc etc

What Trump has done is clearly out the double standard in the MSM.

Admitting you are lying to yourself is the first step to salvation.
Dazza thinks Trump playing to much golf or where the G-7 is being held is an impeachable offence.

Poor Darren.....

Congress are investigating, amongst other things, whether or not the Trump administration leveraged a foreign party to find 'dirt' on a rival presidential candidate. Which according to US Code is against the law.

Again, what is the actual law?

And do we have reputable non partisan US attorneys confirming that it is a High Crime?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It has already been confirmed that there are indeed Republicans in the committee hearings.
Only those members of the committee are allowed in the hearings. No Democrat or Republican that are not a member of the committee are allowed to be a part of that process.

there are also three committees with access to the hearings, so it equates to dozens of congressional members from both sides. But don’t let facts get in the way of your little Trump Twitter Talking Points there, Lesy boy

Keep shifting the posts.

Not shifting. "What is the law" is the question have been asking from beginning.
You just can't answer it. Fair enough. But obviously you can't find informed non partisan US attorneys who could answer it for you.
Neither can I.

But you should stop BSing about Trump's High Crimes until you know what you are talking about? Give it a rest.

Not shifting. "What is the law" is the question have been asking from beginning.
You just can't answer it. Fair enough. But obviously you can't find informed non partisan US attorneys who could answer it for you.
Neither can I.

But you should stop BSing about Trump's High Crimes until you know what you are talking about? Give it a rest.

Considering that a learned individual such as yourself cannot or will not read the code stated a page or two back - The actual written language of the laws in question - then I, nor anyone else, can help you in your predicament.

Fact is that at present stage Congress is investigating possible breaches of the code. If there is sufficient evidence to support those breaches, then impeachment will occur.
Again in layman's terms Congress is acting the role of police investigators and the Senate will act as the judicial arm if charges are brought forward.

Republicans are calling for the committee leaders overseeing the impeachment inquiry to release the guidelines and regulations under which depositions and transcriptions of testimony are being conducted.

“We write to demand the release of the rules that are governing the depositions and transcribed interviews being conducted by the joint action of your three committees,” nearly 80 GOP lawmakers said in their Friday letter to House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.), Foreign Affairs Committee Chairman Eliot Engel (D-N.Y.) and Oversight and Reform Committee acting Chairwoman Carolyn Maloney (D-N.Y.)

"The secrecy in which these depositions and interviews are being conducted, and the lack of clarity on the rules that govern attendance and access to records, are deeply concerning in the context of such a serious inquiry,” the letter read.

I have bolded the most ironic part.

OMFG

1571464549728.png

Rep Doug Collins letter to Schiffhead.

I write to inform you of my intent to exercise my right under House Rule XI, Clause 2(e)(2)(A) to review documents and records in possession of [your committees] so that you may prepare accordingly. Please make available all records, documents, transcripts, and other materials related to or obtained in the course of the ongoing joint investigation between the Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, Committee on Foreign Affairs, and Committee on Oversight and Reform,” wrote Collins.
In a previous letter to Chairman Nadler, Collins outlined the procedural authority to access this information. Collins stated, “Clause 2(e)(2)(A) of Rule XI makes clear that ‘ . . . all committee records (including hearings, data, charts, and files) . . . shall be the property of the House, and each Member, Delegate, and Resident Commissioner shall have access thereto.’ While committees may impose reasonable conditions upon inspection of committee records, they are explicitly barred under Rule XI from prohibiting non-committee Members from access to committee records.”

Last edited:
Neither can I.

It is one thing to do this as a private individual. It is another thing entirely to do this as the President, using tax payer funds as inducements/reward for the assistance (such as only providing aid on the condition of receiving this assistance, as is the case in Ukraine).

Last edited:
Are committee members allowed to discuss it outside the hearings?

The liberal establishment in the US make tea partiers look sane.
Their techniques are so transparent and repetitive. When I read that Hillary had accused Tulsi of being a Russian patsy, I had to double check that I wasn't reading The Onion or some other parody site!

Republicans are calling for the committee leaders overseeing the impeachment inquiry to release the guidelines and regulations under which depositions and transcriptions of testimony are being conducted.

“We write to demand the release of the rules that are governing the depositions and transcribed interviews being conducted by the joint action of your three committees,” nearly 80 GOP lawmakers said in their Friday letter to House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.), Foreign Affairs Committee Chairman Eliot Engel (D-N.Y.) and Oversight and Reform Committee acting Chairwoman Carolyn Maloney (D-N.Y.)

"The secrecy in which these depositions and interviews are being conducted, and the lack of clarity on the rules that govern attendance and access to records, are deeply concerning in the context of such a serious inquiry,” the letter read.

I have bolded the most ironic part.

OMFG

View attachment 767737

Oh look my argument was disproved so I'll go to the next!

A terrific piece. Not so much for the Trumpies and Trumpets.

The last sentence sums it up beautifully:

If being a twat was a TV show, Trump would be the boxed set.

Rep Doug Collins letter to Schiffhead.

Nothing wrong with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back