Play Nice 45th President of the United States - Donald Trump (continued in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No he's not. A long way from it in fact

But, if the democrats fail to understand what drove people to vote for him and why others decided to stay home and not vote for Hillary then they're doomed to repeating the same errors

I don't like Trump and thought it was a joke he was even running and by the time he won the Republican nom couldn't believe how ridiculous it was. Figured that the democrats had it in the bag

Then a funny thing happened. I got annoyed with the Hollywood type elites, for want of a better word, endlessly pushing the Clinton bandwagon to the point where I was half hoping Trump would win because the OTT love fest became nauseating. (I probably haven't explained that very well tbh)

In the washup of trumps surprise victory it's been illuminating the reaction to his win. His supporters, with some justification in some sections of his support base, have been written off as uneducated racist hicks that have no idea and that their opinion is invalid. Rather than try to understand their concerns trump critics have merely ridiculed them and portrayed his entire support base as if they're all the alt-right loons that trumps victory has brought into the spotlight

Trumps high point was his victory speech but it's been all downhill from there. He's proven himself to be completely unprepared for the duties of president, has no coherent plan behind the slogans that got him elected and is running his presidency like some whacky reality TV show. That said the continual Hitler references and mocking of all his supporters rather than just the ones that deserve it do no more than strengthen the resolve of those the democrats lost

The elevation of trump to the presidency is the fault of the democrats themselves because nobody should have lost an election to this clown
It's amazing that people don't get this, nice post btw.

I just think the childish stuff isn't childish, he's taking a stand against the extreme of outrage culture by going to the other extreme. At least that's the use I see for him. I personally love it, and hope there are more who emulate him.

Here's how we spot a man who really cares about the state of the discourse, ladies and gentlemen. I hate how extreme things are so I want someone who is as extreme if not more so on the other end so that the whole thing gets even worse, now we know you truly don't really care about how "extreme" things are, you just wanna take a side on the shitfest

Here's how we spot a man who really cares about the state of the discourse, ladies and gentlemen. I hate how extreme things are so I want someone who is as extreme if not more so on the other end so that the whole thing gets even worse

Your take here seems to be based on the assumption that it would make things worse, I disagree with that. As I said earlier he has highlighted the illiberal left, brought attention to de-platforming, and other forms of authoritarianism. I think he's necessary evil.

now we know you truly don't really care about how "extreme" things are, you just wanna take a side on the shitfest

Ideally people would realise that their moral policing is why we end up with people like Milo in the first place, and adjust.

A mixed bag.
A lot of the polluted areas of the US were as a result of unfettered industrial capitalism, ie jobs jobs jobs above anything else. No one cleaned it up!

So lets get coal going & bring back jobs (what jobs is he bringing back?) Lets all choke, as long as its a pay packet. Lets end environmental laws, get the smoke stacks back on, dont worry about the old acid rain, remember that?

China is cleaning up its act, they were/are choking on their own shyte.

Trump is making shyte up for the desperate to follow. Its NOT the answer. Trying to simplify comlex climate & environment by ignoring the facts is dumb dumb dumb.

What do you think?
Coal isn't coming back. It's a sunset industry and has been for some time now. There will be little to no new corporate investment in coal plants so even if by some magic Trump manages to revive the industry in the Appalachians and elsewhere it will be extremely fleeting. Better to let the industry die a natural death and invest the money in more foreward thinking, long term renewable energy projects. Unfortunate for those (mostly) low educated coal workers that that is the harsh reality everyone needs to come to terms with

A mixed bag.
A lot of the polluted areas of the US were as a result of unfettered industrial capitalism, ie jobs jobs jobs above anything else. No one cleaned it up!

There are tons of jobs in the cleanup - just no profits.

http://www.esquire.com/lifestyle/news/a53228/why-people-believe-trump-fake-news/

Told you, the only way to move the people who believe in Trump's fake news is to throw more faker news at them to emotionally influence them.
Facts will not work.
Another head explosion - not only is Trump Hitler but the Holocaust just happened and his supporters are denying it.
Don't you see that this extreme nonsense doesn't undermine Trump -it only justifies his rise against a culture unhinged from reality.

Isn't equally justified to depict the modern liberal anti-Trump left with the Witch Burning of middle ages - at every turn the left see's racist and nazi's and doesn't hesitate in labelling any and every opponent with this bile.

Another head explosion - not only is Trump Hitler but the Holocaust just happened and his supporters are denying it.
Don't you see that this extreme nonsense doesn't undermine Trump -it only justifies his rise against a culture unhinged from reality.

Isn't equally justified to depict the modern liberal anti-Trump left with the Witch Burning of middle ages - at every turn the left see's racist and nazi's and doesn't hesitate in labelling any and every opponent with this bile.
Someone didn't read the article and got angry for no reason

Your take here seems to be based on the assumption that it would make things worse, I disagree with that. As I said earlier he has highlighted the illiberal left, brought attention to de-platforming, and other forms of authoritarianism. I think he's necessary evil.

Ideally people would realise that their moral policing is why we end up with people like Milo in the first place, and adjust.

If you don't think two sides being equally batshit insane screaming at each other doesn't make it worse than I question your judgement, it's like two BF posters screaming at each other in a shitfight, has that ever made things better?

Anyone who says there's a need for necessary evil doesn't value good in the first place, it's just a phoney facade

The only way to get through to those who support trump is to create facts. Trump is already doing this (bowling green, biggest inauguration etc). Sure, the culture being unhinged from reality makes it easier for him to sell lies. My point being tha tI don't think the truth will set them free, as the culture is divorced from reality.

Hence the use of faker news.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you don't think two sides being equally batshit insane screaming at each other doesn't make it worse than I question your judgement, it's like two BF posters screaming at each other in a shitfight, has that ever made things better?

I don't see a stalemate yet, just the public exposure of some shameful opposition. Two BF posters screaming at each other, that would be a better analogy for shock jocks like Steve Price or Bill O'Reilly. Milo is a great test of our tolerance for free speech IMO, and already we see some have a lower tolerance than others.

The purpose I stated earlier applies. He's a lightning rod for outrage, and he doesn't submit to it like the other idiots in the media who over-apologise to the social justice lynch mob.

I just think the childish stuff isn't childish, he's taking a stand against the extreme of outrage culture by going to the other extreme. At least that's the use I see for him. I personally love it, and hope there are more who emulate him.
Has it really come to this? It's a low standard for discourse when you're essentially cheering on the class clown who has to keep doing dumber s**t to get noticed.

And how outrageous is too outrageous before you stop giddily cheering him on? What if he had called for Leslie Jones to be raped? Or muslims to be gassed? That's outrageous, isn't it?

Has it really come to this? It's a low standard for discourse when you're essentially cheering on the class clown who has to keep doing dumber s**t to get noticed.

Better to cheer the class clown than the class bully.

And how outrageous is too outrageous before you stop giddily cheering him on? What if he had called for Leslie Jones to be raped? Or muslims to be gassed? That's outrageous, isn't it?

Inciting violence is a crime.

Better to cheer the class clown than the class bully.
Stop playing the victim.

Inciting violence is a crime.
Ah, so too outrageous then?

So if he says something along the lines of "the world would be a better place with no muslims" then that would be outrageous and showing how oppressed we were when the PC lynch mob comes in. But if he specifically advocates for muslims to be murdered, well gee whiz, that's where you draw the line.

So if he says something along the lines of "the world would be a better place with no muslims" then that would be outrageous and showing how oppressed we were when the PC lynch mob comes in. But if he specifically advocates for muslims to be murdered, well gee whiz, that's where you draw the line.
upload_2017-2-21_22-11-44.jpeg

Stop playing the victim.

I don't feel that I have personally been 'bullied', I suppose it was my analogy for authoritarianism.

Ah, so too outrageous then?

No, that's where the police draw the line.

http://www.esquire.com/lifestyle/news/a53228/why-people-believe-trump-fake-news/

Told you, the only way to move the people who believe in Trump's fake news is to throw more faker news at them to emotionally influence them.
Facts will not work.

I would naturally think you were joking but then I remembered where I was. Yes, double down on the exact kind of garbage "appeal to emotion" arguments that have been a staple of left leaning chumps. You still haven't realised that people are sick and tired of being shamed and guilted at every single turn. Cling to your opinion based "news" that's a desperate attempt by major "old media" organisations to stay relevant in the age of information.

I don't see a stalemate yet, just the public exposure of some shameful opposition. Two BF posters screaming at each other, that would be a better analogy for shock jocks like Steve Price or Bill O'Reilly. Milo is a great test of our tolerance for free speech IMO, and already we see some have a lower tolerance than others.

None of what you're saying proves that you aren't just having phoney concerns about "tolerance" and "free speech" but just rather wanna take one of two sides of batshit insanes that suits your own prejudice and bias

All I'm hearing from you is "oooh "the left" and whoever, I no like them coz they aren't my kind of crazy, now that Milo guy, that's my kind of crazy". If extreme and crazy is really your main concern then you shouldn't like anyone who'd amplifying it, it just shows you're more into footy team mentality than actual concerns about discourse

Bill O'Reilly is decidedly better than Yiannopoulos

None of what you're saying proves that you aren't just having phoney concerns about "tolerance" and "free speech" but just rather wanna take one of two sides of batshit insanes that suits your own prejudice and bias

The fact that I've taken the side that is not authoritarian alone should suggest it.

Bill O'Reilly is decidedly better than Yiannopoulos

The guy who shouts all over everyone and yelled at a 9/11 victim's son that his dad would be ashamed of him? Nice choice.

The fact that I've taken the side that is not authoritarian alone should suggest it.

The guy who shouts all over everyone and yelled at a 9/11 victim's son that his dad would be ashamed of him? Nice choice.

I don't think you know what the word authoritarian means

Bill O'Reilly's a scumbag, but he does at least half the time sound reasonable, yet you'd be fine with someone who led a witch hunt against someone for not actually being black (when he is)? Your selective outrage/endorsement of similarly extreme behaviour shows your utter hypocrisy

I don't think you know what the word authoritarian means

'favouring or enforcing strict obedience to authority at the expense of personal freedom'.

Hmmm, turns out I do.

Bill O'Reilly's a scumbag, but hey you'd be fine with someone who led a witch hunt against someone for not actually being black (when he is)? Your selective outrage/endorsement of similarly extreme behaviour shows your utter hypocrisy

Is this the Shaun King thing? I haven't heard Milo talk about him but he wouldn't be the only person who doubts his black credentials, from both sides of politics. I personally don't care what colour he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back