Play Nice 45th President of the United States - Donald Trump (continued in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still remember the crazy reaction of outrage - only weeks after 9/11 when a boxer Antony Mundine attributed 9/11 to USA foreign policy blow back.

That was when the western world lost its mind. Firstly, he was an insignificant boxer. Secondly, it's a reasonable opinion. Thirdly, he has every right to express even a crazy opinion.

I remember thinking at the time - why is Australian media indoctrinating all of us to follow washingtons Bull shite? And no one defended his right to speak.

This is where Andrew Bolt is a complete dock. He didn't defend Mundine in something so basic - but condemned him and cheered for his career to be black banned.

Then when Andrew wants to engage in a frivolous put down of indigenous identity he wants to make it a constitutional issue and screams for freedom of speech. Hypocrite!

But as I say - we all failed in this as an entire nation.

Just on this free speech thing.
Milo not being able to stand in front of a crowd and rant, but still able to say whatever he wants, as well as across all his media. This is an example of free speech being shut down by the rabid 'left'.

Meanwhile 'illegal' immigrants in America* can't even report a violent crime to police because they will be deported.

And from my observations, in general the people who are defending Milo and having aneurysms over free speech and the right to be as racist and bigoted as you like because it's free speech... Are the same people who are against sanctuary cities, and are rabid about getting rid of these 'illegal' immigrants by any means possible.

*not including sanctuary cities

No doubt the whole ME is a cluster fxxk.
But from the point of view of the ME citizen - there is no need to be Muslim - to hate the USA or Israel.

I'm trying to work out what you mean by the bolded.

Middle Eastern people don't "need" to be Muslim to hate the US and Israel? In that they can hate US and Israel regardless of religion?

Quick google confirmed is eco degree was focused on finance. Tbh not surprising and what id expect from someone wanting a career in property development

I'm disappointed in myself that I'm being drawn on this but it's still economics. 101 courses cover GDP and what drives it. If you honestly think that he'd not realise that he can't just snap his fingers and growth will increase then I'd prefer not to continue the conversation as I'd see it pointless. Consider that he is academically accredited and successful and let that inform your opinion about whether he'd understand basic drivers of Real GDP movements. Of course he would.

Just on this free speech thing.
Milo not being able to stand in front of a crowd and rant, but still able to say whatever he wants, as well as across all his media. This is an example of free speech being shut down by the rabid 'left'.

Meanwhile 'illegal' immigrants in America* can't even report a violent crime to police because they will be deported.

And from my observations, in general the people who are defending Milo and having aneurysms over free speech and the right to be as racist and bigoted as you like because it's free speech... Are the same people who are against sanctuary cities, and are rabid about getting rid of these 'illegal' immigrants by any means possible.

*not including sanctuary cities

It's pretty easy to reconcile the two positions. They see immigrants as breaking the law. If a drug dealer contacts police about something and in the process incriminates himself, it's not a free speech issue. Free speech doesn't protect you from committing crimes! They also don't see free speech as some kind of universal imperative, but something that the state extends and protects for its citizens. So illegal immigrants don't enjoy that protection. Whether you agree or disagree it's a perfectly consistent position.

Middle Eastern people don't "need" to be Muslim to hate the US and Israel? In that they can hate US and Israel regardless of religion?
Meaning whether they were Buddhist, hindu or Christian is irrelevant - I.e the Irish and English
Or Ukraine and Russia.
US and Western powers have been interfering in their affairs for a long time - redrawing maps, supporting military coups, manipulating news and warring and bombing.
That is enough to piss off anyone.

Trump Administration Rescinds Rules on Bathrooms for Transgender Students

WASHINGTON — The Trump administration on Wednesday rescinded federal rules that allowed transgender students to use the bathrooms corresponding with their gender identity.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/22/...n-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

Good. I don't know much about the law to be honest, but considering his comments re: Jenner, I take it transgender adults can use the bathroom of their choice?

If you turn 18 and still feel the same way, I think society should accomodate you (within reason) - but considering the severity of transitioning it shouldn't be normalised in children.

I'm disappointed in myself that I'm being drawn on this but it's still economics. 101 courses cover GDP and what drives it. If you honestly think that he'd not realise that he can't just snap his fingers and growth will increase then I'd prefer not to continue the conversation as I'd see it pointless. Consider that he is academically accredited and successful and let that inform your opinion about whether he'd understand basic drivers of Real GDP movements. Of course he would.

Macro in eco 101 is very basic, and completely amo hour compared to what a final year graduate (or more importantly a grad/masters/phd student would be doing)

He also would have done that class over 50 years ago

This isnt bagging him - its saying hes not an economics expert just because he studied finance

Meaning whether they were Buddhist, hindu or Christian is irrelevant - I.e the Irish and English
Or Ukraine and Russia.
US and Western powers have been interfering in their affairs for a long time - redrawing maps, supporting military coups, manipulating news and warring and bombing.
That is enough to piss off anyone.
Agreed.

I think it's very dangerous to impute that Trump may have knowledge on even basic concepts unless he has articulated publicly a good grasp of said concept. There's just too much evidence to show he doesn't know various basic concepts so far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richard Spencer looks at Milo and is like, I can't stomach that, it's too much for me

That tells you everything you need to know, anyone who supports Yiannopoulos must have rocks in their heads (I didn't say that, a Neo Nazi did)

And Trump rolls back transgender students protection, where's the people who said Trump was for LGBT again? Oh right coz he carried the flag once in a photo ops

Good. I don't know much about the law to be honest, but considering his comments re: Jenner, I take it transgender adults can use the bathroom of their choice?

If you turn 18 and still feel the same way, I think society should accommodate you (within reason) - but considering the severity of transitioning it shouldn't be normalised in children.
Except its through Puberty where these issues arise, as the difference between Male and female are enhanced and scrutinised. Its in High school where Transgender issues need to be discussed and adressed. LGBT kids have enough on their plate.

Richard Spencer looks at Milo and is like, I can't stomach that, it's too much for me

That tells you everything you need to know, anyone who supports Yiannopoulos must have rocks in their heads (I didn't say that, a Neo Nazi did)

And Trump rolls back transgender students protection, where's the people who said Trump was for LGBT again? Oh right coz he carried the flag once in a photo ops
The whole attack on, and push back against rights for trans people by conservatives is exactly the same as the way they sought to discredit gay people all those years ago. Even the language is the same, they talk about mental illness, and the safety of children, and like their attacks on gays, it won't work, and in twenty years time when transgender people aren't viewed as "sick", or "wrong" they'll try to pretend it never happened.

I honestly don't think Trump gives two shits either way. On the other hand his VP and a lot of the GOP give very many shits which is why this went through quickly

Except its through Puberty where these issues arise, as the difference between Male and female are enhanced and scrutinised. Its in High school where Transgender issues need to be discussed and adressed. LGBT kids have enough on their plate.
As if their a kids in school voluntarily publicly identifying as female so they can go to the female toilets......

I think that a non Muslim living in the Middle East may still blame US and Israel as contributing to all the wars there.

If you turn 18 and still feel the same way, I think society should accomodate you (within reason) - but considering the severity of transitioning it shouldn't be normalised in children.
Simplify and make all toilet unisex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back