Player Watch #46: Ben Miller

Grrr

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond
Curious to whether we see him as a ruck? Especially given he is 196. Maybe we think we can play him as a KPP and then he pitches in every now and then..
This one I’ve got no idea about
Well 196 is the perfect height for a key forward... and we know he is already a better ruck man than Grigg. Many are all hoping Callum Moore can play our second forward/ruck relief... so it sounds to me like you might be on to something.

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Man, if this guy retains much of his agility and speed at 200cm, then this pick may continue the recent trend of excellent recruiting beyond the first and second round.
Trade our 1st & 2nd for established players.Go youth after.

Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
I like this pick. Could be anything.

Bit like Balta, second ruck and possibly move him around and see how he fits and grows.

With Balta, Miller and CCJ we now have a full ruck contingent. Balta and Miller going forward into the future could even represent our ruck set-up.

Great value pick and we may not need another ruck selection for at least 6 years or so!!!

Last edited:

Azzleberry

Club Legend
Sep 23, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Well 196 is the perfect height for a key forward... and we know he is already a better ruck man than Grigg. Many are all hoping Callum Moore can play our second forward/ruck relief... so it sounds to me like you might be on to something.
Apparently he’s now 200cm

Nov 11, 2010
Punt Rd End
AFL Club
Richmond
If he's 200cm then we have robbed the bank again. How many ruckmen are as eager to win the ball at ground level and take off with the ball as this guy? I love Nank because of the impact he makes around the stoppages with his determination to tackle, block and get the ball into his hands. If he can nullify the opposition ruck first then that's a bonus. This guy looks like he can tap ruck too plus act as another genuine midfielder when the ball is in dispute. His kicking is also amazing.

Could we have another Cox on our hands? I'm surprized he went so late? Am I missing something?

Grrr

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond
Would be unreal if he could be an AFL natural sized ruckman but the AFL combine was about a month ago, not sure if he's going to grow that much in a month. (Could easily grow another couple of cm with age)
We've already got a ruck man and drafted another. Good size for a forward or even a full back, and pinch hit in the ruck. How many 200cm forwards are any good. Paul Salmon...

Jan 13, 2005
The Hospital
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Golden State, Daniel Rioli
We've already got a ruck man and drafted another. Good size for a forward or even a full back, and pinch hit in the ruck. How many 200cm forwards are any good. Paul Salmon...

Tom Lynch goes alright, Daniher looks a star, Charlie Dixon is getting better and better at Port, I like Patton at GWS and Peter Wright looks very very good not to mention Hipwood.

Welcome Ben. Enjoy you tiger time.

We certainly don't fear the 'go home' factor do we?

I worked in Kalgoorlie for a while. Not much go home factor I would think. :p

If he is 200cm then what f*#! we robbed the bank ... again.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

THE THIN MAN

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆🏆
Jan 7, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Would be unreal if he could be an AFL natural sized ruckman but the AFL combine was about a month ago, not sure if he's going to grow that much in a month. (Could easily grow another couple of cm with age)
upload_2017-11-26_1-15-52.png

https://www.taller.com.au/

Back