Player Watch #46: Ben Miller

May 13, 2015
Spotswood Campus
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
🐍Ophidian Old Boys🐍
This guy is pick 63 for a reason ;)
so Jack Graham was at pick 53 for a reason! The only reason is sometimes the selectors get it wrong and let talent slip past them, luckily for us Richmond recruiters radar seems on point and we benefit- I reckon after some fine tuning it will be Miller time at richmond!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan 13, 2005
The Hospital
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Golden State, Daniel Rioli
so Jack Graham was at pick 53 for a reason! The only reason is sometimes the selectors get it wrong and let talent slip past them, luckily for us Richmond recruiters radar seems on point and we benefit- I reckon after some fine tuning it will be Miller time at richmond!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It’s easy to name a 50+ player who made it but there is probably 20-30 of those picks every year and 95% of them never make it.

I hope he take his athletic gifts and becomes a star but the odds are not on his side.

TigersMP4

Team Captain
Jun 30, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Miami Heat, Miami Hurricanes
People aren't talking about this pick enough. This might be my favourite pick along with Balta. This kid hardly ever trained he just rocks up for games. Wait till you get him in an AFL environment training almost every day. Serious potential as an athletic key forward.

JR82

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
hate them all
People aren't talking about this pick enough. This might be my favourite pick along with Balta. This kid hardly ever trained he just rocks up for games. Wait till you get him in an AFL environment training almost every day. Serious potential as an athletic key forward.
Agree, huge upside. If it doesn't work out he only cost us a late pick.

Do you know he never trains and just rocks up? Or is that a guess based on him being from Kal?

If he is all raw talent then huge upside, and a massive risk.

Grrr

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond
at 196cm, he is too short to be an AFL ruckman. i'd expect him to be a Key Forward at RFC. looks a steal and could be a Broad type of success story.

looks fast and skilful for his size, will kick 40 goals in the vfl next year of plays up front
Is 196cm the new prototype second ruck? Mobile and gives another midfielder type presence and resting forward is still able to do the pressure acts similar to Jack Riewoldt. Tall forwards cannot do this as well, Lynch, Dixon etc. Hoping that Moore comes in as second ruck/forward this year for the same reason.
Nankervis due to his mobility should have the ruck position sewn up for years to come, hopefully. Coleman Jones is our new ruck relief/injury insurance.

Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Is 196cm the new prototype second ruck? Mobile and gives another midfielder type presence and resting forward is still able to do the pressure acts similar to Jack Riewoldt. Tall forwards cannot do this as well, Lynch, Dixon etc. Hoping that Moore comes in as second ruck/forward this year for the same reason.
Nankervis due to his mobility should have the ruck position sewn up for years to come, hopefully. Coleman Jones is our new ruck relief/injury insurance.

Could be a more robust KPP/ruck version of Adam Goodes?

It’s funny what happens with some players when they’re exposed to a professional environment...hmmm...let me see...who has that happened to before...hmmm...maybe Lambo? Goes alright.

no it's facts. The travel was to hard for him so he could hardly ever get down to training.

Did he train in Kal??

Presumably not the same standard environment. Anyway, sort of indicates why he went so low for such potential. Uncertainty over what he is like in a processional environment. Draft guys almost always hate uncertainty more than they hate just about anything else.

SumTingWong

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 10, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, NY Giants, NY Mets
There's no way he's only 196cm

TigersMP4

Team Captain
Jun 30, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Miami Heat, Miami Hurricanes
Did he train in Kal??

Presumably not the same standard environment. Anyway, sort of indicates why he went so low for such potential. Uncertainty over what he is like in a processional environment. Draft guys almost always hate uncertainty more than they hate just about anything else.
i'm not sure if or where he trained close to home but you'd assume he'd have to, to some degree. We've got really good value here. Just got to wait and see how things pan out.

Back