Player Watch #46: Ben Miller

Remove this Banner Ad

Strange 'Position'. Miller may have had a run in the ruck, but other than that played back in every game.

Agree, looked into that, and it may simply be where he was named, but he mostly played back. Looking at his stats in 2021 they are a marked step up from anything he did in 2019. Still think he's going to be OK.

Was ok. Was easily outmarked a few time by their 3rd tall. Wasn't embarrassed and didn't leak goals so was adequate. Grimes and Vlastuin coming back will put him back to magoos.

I’m not sure he’ll ever become a regular starter but it’s important to have depth options and players ready to come in and I think he’s at that level!

That’s spot on, you need 1-2 of these depth guys. He has some weapons and a bit of versatility, so you never know, as his experience and confidence increases he could hold down a best 22 spot through his peak years. I wouldn’t mind betting by the time he is 24yo he will be able to hold his own against maybe all bar the elite key forwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 AFL games . 3 wins

2.5 wins but we do look better with him in the outfit.

Trying to figure out what our best rear end might look like now.

Tarrant Miller Grimes Broad Vlastuin Short Rioli for mine.

Mansell or Ralphsmith next in for the running players, Gibcus next in for the tall guys,

And Nyuon looking better by the match in the twos. So the defensive stocks look to run deep, with Brown and Banks look to have good prospects as well.

Plenty of tough tests to come but things looking more than decent in defence.

Will gain more confidence with games , could have marked one or two rather than spoil, that’s experience, plenty to work with
I remember it took a few years for Grimes to gain the confidence to go for his marks instead of spoiling. By the time Tarrant's contract is up, I feel Miller is going to be ready to take that spot as the second key defender permanently.

Biggy looking very good as an intercepting third tall option also.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back