Past #46: Lachlan Hosie - delisted after 5 NM games/3 NM goals - thanks Hose

Thndr

Club Legend
Sep 25, 2015
Mick Martin school of bad looks.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I make no excuses, iv'e sung the kids praises before he even played a game. I think he has ability and probably more than some on the list, is that enough? after 3 games it's probably a little early to tell.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I make no excuses, iv'e sung the kids praises before he even played a game. I think he has ability and probably more than some on the list, is that enough? after 3 games it's probably a little early to tell.

I doubt there's a North supporter that wouldn't be thrilled to see him nail 6 x SI's, 1 x GA, 4 x T50's & 2-3 goals in every remaining match this year.

However, it is what it is mate. SOMEONE has to be delisted, and outside of Jacobs, it's going to be someone who probably doesn't want to retire.

We all have our views on this, and Lachlan is currently prominent in a lot of the musings.

He's having to learn to play a new role, in the SANFL he was playing much closer to goals. But there have been times were he has looked a bit slow, or lost when having to apply pressure. He'll need to lift his output to stay on the list.

Aug 26, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think he has the same problem Jamie Elliot from Collingwood had when he first started, but with obviously less natural talent. He's an undersized leading forward who isn't quick enough to play as the crumbing type. I hope he makes me eat my words but yeah top up player at best.

Its a Process

All Australian
Mar 28, 2011
Nsw
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What are these elite attributes? All I see is an average footballer trying to take an opportunity to be on the list.

Good luck to him, but he certainly doesn't have a point of difference that makes him stand out.
Looks to have good hands, good kick, decent vertical jump which i would assume parlays into a decent 20m sprint.

I have already stated i don't think he will make it but he has some attributes that interest me but currently he is a liability without ball in hand and doesn't seem to able to tackle and pressure to an appropriate standard.

BlueandWhiteinmyBlood

Club Legend
May 27, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
How do we think he faired the other night. I mean everyone was average but if we were to take into account it was his 4th game of AFL in a team that isn’t offering great support to one another let alone anyone finding their feet and he played in a forward line that has disgusting delivery service and only got 3 points in the second half. I remember one clanger at half back, but I also recall a really strong contested grab and a couple other nice little things. Would be interested in anyone else’s opinion if you had time to share or recount.

showusyacunningt

Premiership Player
Aug 17, 2010
doghouse
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Haleing goals
He's really up against it in our side. As an undersized hit up forward he needs quick and effective ball movement. I'm not sure how much he's going to able to show over the rest of the season. Will also add he's playing in a forward line with a bunch of other 0-40 gamers.

There's been glimpses of him being able to get into dangerous areas and he's certainly got some tools. I can sort of see him being a Scott Welsh type in a good side. If he'd gone to maybe any other team picking after us you'd say he would have had a better chance to show what he can do.

How do we think he faired the other night. I mean everyone was average but if we were to take into account it was his 4th game of AFL in a team that isn’t offering great support to one another let alone anyone finding their feet and he played in a forward line that has disgusting delivery service and only got 3 points in the second half. I remember one clanger at half back, but I also recall a really strong contested grab and a couple other nice little things. Would be interested in anyone else’s opinion if you had time to share or recount.

Apart from a couple of good marks and kicks the thing I noticed most with Lachie was that he was giving it maximum effort. Repeat runs, chasing opponents to his last breath.

If he is cut it won’t be for a lack of trying. He’s busting his arse and for that alone I wish him well. Hope he gets the remaining three games too.

speedy

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 5, 2001
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Please explain, recruiters: Why did no one take Jake in mid-season draft?
Jake Riccardi's journey to a Rising Star nomination includes being passed on by every AFL team, and a 20cm growth spurt

It seems nonsensical now that Riccardi wasn't one of the 13 footballers selected in last year's NAB AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft.

North Melbourne came closest to taking a punt, but opted instead for Lachie Hosie, who was lighting up the SANFL.

FMD

I don't know how true this is but it's got our luck dripping all over it.

Thewlis Dish

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 9, 2003
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
FGR
He's a state level footballer. At least we gave him a crack though, but not taking Riccardi hurts.

BlueandWhiteinmyBlood

Club Legend
May 27, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Finished. Not upto it

Yeah bad game, not his night. Disappointed for him. That last chest mark he dropped I was just frustrated for him because we know and he knows to he is playing for his career, probably marks it 99/100 times as well. Who knows, he might be running to the correct spots and leading patterns are all there and we are just electing not to go to him or missing him. Could be getting caught between kicks too. Not sure why but really felt for him tonight.

Back