Senior 46. Matthew Cottrell

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching Cottrell in his first pre-season is similar to Honey this past pre-season - You had to wonder why they weren't picked up earlier.

Matthew won't be dropped this week and if his game picks up in only small increments and given our injury list, he may yet play out the rest of this season.

If we ever see Cottrell closer to goal, he can make good of opportunity in the forward line also. His kicking was quality a few months back.

Watching Cottrell in his first pre-season is similar to Honey this past pre-season - You had to wonder why they weren't picked up earlier.

Matthew won't be dropped this week and if his game picks up in only small increments and given our injury list, he may yet play out the rest of this season.

If we ever see Cottrell closer to goal, he can make good of opportunity in the forward line also. His kicking was quality a few months back.

I get the feeling he is a warrior that will be on the list in 10 years through work ethic

I get the feeling he is a warrior that will be on the list in 10 years through work ethic

I feel that way on the strength of what I've seen from him, across two years.
Coaches love discipline and this guy always seems to be in tune at training.

He may not be a ball magnet but there are roles for disciplined players and especially so for those that have speed, endurance, the will to win and a good kick to boot. He has a 'winner' attitude.

Did some ok things. Not sure he holds his spot, would love to see Dow back in ASAP.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Would have liked to have seen him win the ball a little more but did a good job as a run with player and looks like he has a good burst of speed, which always helps. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back