Delisted #46: Mitchell Hibberd - Not offered a contract for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

If this isn't the 'break glass in case of emergency' situation then what is? How badly could he be training to not get a game now?

very likely that's our best midfield.
Bit worrying it involves a discard from North & a zero gamer (nothing against the players - wtf is up with our depth!)
We are struggling for depth. I guess you could rotate Heppell through there. Thats about it sadly.
Reserve mid: (Depth)
C: Cutler Mutch Ham
R: Phillips Clarke Zaharakis
Looking at that, there's not much there.

C'mon, we're not the ALP. We're so much worse than that

The ALP put up Bill Shorten as a leader for 2 election cycles thinking Australians would swallow that.

It's probably the only thing dumber than the team we have put together.

The point being that like a good union we are run like a racket for the dickheads at the top.

We carry our 4 most senior players.

The ALP put up Bill Shorten as a leader for 2 election cycles thinking Australians would swallow that.

To be air, I'd still prefer Bill to #scottyfrommarketing as out PM.

The point being that like a good union we are run like a racket for the dickheads at the top.

We carry our 4 most senior players.
Biggest wrap I've heard so far for Albo is that "it was his turn". Might sum up how Labour thinks things work. Sooner or later if you hang around long enough you get up. Could be what Essendon are hoping for too. It would explain our selection policy.

Last edited:
Really happy with that.

Keen to see how he holds up. Contested scrap against the Pies is a good place to start even if the pressure will be unlike anything he's experienced.

I think he is enough of a brute, he's seriously jacked, but also with the running ability to keep up even if he is off the pace. Kind of like a midfield version of Ambrose in his early days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great to see him get a game - I was fearful that with his pre-season injury and no VFL it would be tough work for him to get a game in 2020.

Last edited:
Hibberd, despite being pretty much the most dominant inside mid in the VFL last year, really works hard at the blocking at stoppages. He always brought the likes of Marcon, Mellington and Wheeler into the game by blocking or releasing the handball at the right moment. I reckon Dylan and Devon will love him.

Hibberd, despite being pretty much the most dominant inside mid in the VFL last year, really works hard at the blocking at stoppages. He always brought the likes of Marcon, Mellington and Wheeler into the game by blocking or releasing the handball at the right moment. I reckon Dylan and Devon will love him.
Really excited to see what he brings, as long as we don’t sit him on a forward flank.

Really excited to see what he brings, as long as we don’t sit him on a forward flank.
If there's any place he would be least suited to it would be half forward. Too slow and his kicking, whilst long, is pretty average.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back