Delisted #46: Mitchell Hibberd - Not offered a contract for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure you've seen much of Essendon's team selection policies over the years, but it basically involves recruiting a player because they perform well in one role, playing them at a lower level in that role where they perform well, bringing them in to the AFL side on the back of that performance, playing them in a totally different role, dropping them on the back of performing poorly in that role, then repeating the process over the next 1 - 3 seasons until finally delisting that player.
This sounds all too familiar. Not an exclusive Bombers strategy, I assure you.

So I assume Hibberd will play a role as a small forward and Cahill will be straight into the middle as an inside midfielder. Is that about everyone else's expectations.
Please. Hibberd as the key defender to finally release Hurley on the inside.

Wondering if he plays wing/HB as a stoppage player for the throw ins so we can ricochet and have the runners ready to receive.

Either way would think he's in there with McGrath, Merrett & Parish this week and we bring Francis and Redman in for Shiel and McKenna.
I wondered the same thing - is he playing as a sort of loose back half mid? and because nobody is at the ground we can't see it.

I agree he will need to play in the middle this week. Big opportunity for him and looking forward to see how he goes.

Thought he looked slow but really improved as the game went on. Back him in the middle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I assume Hibberd will play a role as a small forward and Cahill will be straight into the middle as an inside midfielder. Is that about everyone else's expectations.
I assumed he was in to replace Tippa (as Tippa did for Alwun Davey) as our number one marking forward....thus releasing Tippa to play the key defensive role he Is so clearly better suited to.

Please. Hibberd as the key defender to finally release Hurley on the inside.
Or alternatively, we get the 179cm Cahill and plonk him in this goal square one out, and just keep bombing it on his head all night.
Urgh. This is what happens when Essington and Essendon blur and no one knows what's real anymore. Total chaos. No one will know what's going on until we realise that we never see Kyle and Dyle in the same place at the same time.

Very good Vfl footballer just not up to AFL football. Deficient with ball handling kicking tackling. Play a kid

Remove this Banner Ad

Back