Delisted #46: Mitchell Hibberd - Not offered a contract for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Should have been given an opportunity to play the David Myers role. Provide blocks and protection for guys like Shiel, McGrath and Merrett. The type of stuff that basically no other midfielder at Essendon does.

Instead we played him in every other role. Classic Essington.
FTFY

His last game showed his issues. He may not have lined up at a center bounce but he was in plenty of the action around the ground and he was off the pace. Good VFL player. Just short of AFL. Good on him. He had a crack and a second go.

His last game showed his issues. He may not have lined up at a center bounce but he was in plenty of the action around the ground and he was off the pace. Good VFL player. Just short of AFL. Good on him. He had a crack and a second go.
Three quarters of our team falls into that category.

I agree with this. While it's nice to play in your (new) natural role, he had played plenty as a half back previously... enough to jump in and show he can play at the level.

Everything we saw of Mitch near the ball this year was rushed, fumbles, not at the tempo.

If they were delisting saying "he didn't get 25 touches" there would be an issue. He's being delisted not having shown enough of the component skills required to be a dominant inside mid.

Yes, I believe they could have / should have given him more midfield time, but I'm not losing sleep.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back