Delisted #46: Tom Jok - Delisted - 24/10

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s not a certainty but imagine his physical attributes will get him at least another year.

It’s a bit like Ambrose - took us a while to find the best way to use him but once we did he was able to translate his athletic gifts to AFL standard play.
Need to work out how we can best use Jok.

Clearly an AFL level athlete so just based on that along with his age he'll be on the list next year. Will come down to how much his composure, which we don't really have a great idea on at senior level besides one game, and his kicking improves. The kicking is the noticeable thing, at least from what I've seen of him that will hold him back being able to have a senior career or not.

He's a novelty act we'll waste some time on and recall with some amusement down the track
Horse s**t. He may be long odds to make it but he does have some tools to work with. He is exactly the type of player you rookie.

Hmmn....I remember people saying McKenna would not make it.

Thought Jok competed well in VFL final. did better than half the players out there. Definitely worth another year or two.

Even Tippa took a while and didn't look like he would make it at times

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is absolute trash and we'll waste games we could give to a decent footy player on him no doubt.
Well name the good player we did not pick up then. Who is the decent player we now do not have ?

Hank not rating a player tells me he will probably make it.

Proper all the way, or makeshift ruck in an elimination final belting?

Just checked, we have no former champs named Jok so he will earn his spot into a final and probably win one too.

Jake Riccardi
This time last year there wasnt a team in the comp that realistically was going to pick up Riccardi. Been great this year but only played 3 games last year at VFL level as a 23rd man. To say we should have picked him over Jok (who topped St Kildas time trial in their pre season in the lead up) is pure revisionism rubbish.

The irony is Jake Long has been on the list for 4 years and shown not much either, would rather turf him for Riccardi than Jok.

Last edited:
This time last year there wasnt a team in the comp that realistically was going to pick up Riccardi. Been great this year but only played 3 games last year at VFL level as a 23rd man. To say we should have picked him over Jok (who topped St Kildas time trial in their pre season in the lead up) is pure revisionism rubbish.

The irony is Jake Long has been on the list for 4 years and shown not much either, would rather turf him for Riccardi than Jok.
Sides were looking at Riccardi. Who's to say anyone else would've taken Jok? He topped a time trial sums it all up. Just like us to take a player based on a few athletic attributes and fail to identify players that can football.

Jok is the right choice for a rookie pick. 6'3" running machine that has clearly transferable AFL traits. Whether he makes it or not is yet to be seen but I don't know how you can complain about him when Dea was taken straight after?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back