Delisted #46: Tom Jok - Delisted - 24/10

Remove this Banner Ad

People are surprised?

His one game showed he was petrified of contact, bereft of kicking or handballing ability and couldn't read the play. I remember saying it was the worst game I had ever seen - no mean feat considering Zac Clarke played several.

I can deal with people not wanting to back into a pack with Hawkins coming the other way but this guy refused to lay a hand on even the smallest Collingwood players.

He'd wear a helmet to a tiddlywinks contest. Not that it would matter because he would get lost on the way and drop all his tokens down a drain.

Like most here, very surprised Joky has been delisted. I thought was worth another year.

Kind of surprised by this. Not outraged but i thought he was showing a bit on the ball late in the year.

I don't agree with the "scared" assessments. He was attacking the ball.

The thing that is difficult to understand is that we took him knowing that it was not going to click immediately. Could you be
stupid enough to think otherwise?

Feels like we have been taking the piss with the draf in the last 2 years. Maybe 2 players (Ham and Mosquito) look as though they have something to convert to AFL.

Somewhat surprised but I don't think he was really going to make it anyway. People are making way too much of his debut. He only debuted because he was fit when we had a ton of injuries and didn't care about the result. Even at VFL level didn't really stand out.

People are surprised?

His one game showed he was petrified of contact, bereft of kicking or handballing ability and couldn't read the play. I remember saying it was the worst game I had ever seen - no mean feat considering Zac Clarke played several.

I can deal with people not wanting to back into a pack with Hawkins coming the other way but this guy refused to lay a hand on even the smallest Collingwood players.

He'd wear a helmet to a tiddlywinks contest. Not that it would matter because he would get lost on the way and drop all his tokens down a drain.
Disagree with you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having seen a large portion of our VFL this year, Jok never really dominated quarters let alone games. He had glimpses, a 10 minute patch here and there but no truly outstanding games that demanded AFL selection. His debut in round 23 was more out of neccesity and luck than through hard work and reward for effort.

I liked what he could become and feel like he may become but am not totally surprised by the decision to move him in. We tried him in various positions at state level without him truly dominating any single role.

A tad perplexed that we gave him the opportunity, we were under the impression that he was always a 2 - 3 year prospect, even at 23.

Anyways, good luck Tom, thanks for everything

Kind of surprised by this. Not outraged but i thought he was showing a bit on the ball late in the year.

The thing that is difficult to understand is that we took him knowing that it was not going to click immediately. Could you be

Feels like we have been taking the piss with the draf in the last 2 years. Maybe 2 players (Ham and Mosquito) look as though they have something to convert to AFL.

In the '17 draft we took 3 players. Houlahan, BZT & Guelfi (all late picks). Guelfi looks ok, BZT looks good and Houlahan gone. Seems a fair strike rate with three late picks.

In the '18 draft we took Mosquito, Ham and Gown. If 2 come on that means 3-4 hits out of 6 late picks. Not too shabby I would have thought. Our problem isn't the ability to get useful players lower in the draft it is the ability to find stars early on.

In the '17 draft we took 3 players. Houlahan, BZT & Guelfi (all late picks). Guelfi looks ok, BZT looks good and Houlahan gone. Seems a fair strike rate with three late picks.

In the '18 draft we took Mosquito, Ham and Gown. If 2 come on that means 3-4 hits out of 6 late picks. Not too shabby I would have thought. Our problem isn't the ability to get useful players lower in the draft it is the ability to find stars early on.

I overlooked BZT.

It’s a double barrel error, because not only have you cut and run early, it means the initial decision to draft him was made in error as well because you’ve put the goalposts in the wrong spot.

Short of exceptional ill discipline of course, which is absolutely not the case here because the kid is a genuine Boy Scout.

Bit too late to start developing this bloke. Athleticism was there but skill-wise, it looked like he started playing footy last year. He'll be 23 in the pre-season and at least 25 before he could possibly be AFL standard, if that were even possible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back