Delisted #46: Tom Jok - Delisted - 24/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Genuinely surprised he's going to debut, but not at all upset by it. Freak athlete, proper endurance machine.

Haven't seen enough of his game to make any further judgment than that

Umm, so I posted celebrating Tommy Jok's call up and my post was deleted because "Err... what?". Gimme a break.

Excited to see Jok, but not having seen him play I have no idea what to expect. And will the media call it 'x factor?'

Has done little to nothing throughout the year and now in the team on the eve of finals?

Interested to see how he goes but it's bizarre and kind of hilarious to think he is going to provide meaningful relief against Grundy in the ruck.

Umm, so I posted celebrating Tommy Jok's call up and my post was deleted because "Err... what?". Gimme a break.

Excited to see Jok, but not having seen him play I have no idea what to expect. And will the media call it 'x factor?'
maybe because it was unintentionally racist?

Admittedly, I was giving a nod to funky old Billy Paul, but even that's celebratory. Hardly racist.
you said “black” on a forum. you can’t say “black” on a forum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Admittedly, I was giving a nod to funky old Billy Paul, but even that's celebratory. Hardly racist.

We live in much more sensitive times at the moment, so people are more likely to err on the side of caution.

My Mum's gay and recently went to the bank to query why they weren't treating her and her partner correctly... and the people in the bank were falling over themselves to set things straight. She said she's never received so much attention.

We live in much more sensitive times at the moment, so people are more likely to err on the side of caution.

My Mum's gay and recently went to the bank to query why they weren't treating her and her partner correctly... and the people in the bank were falling over themselves to set things straight. She said she's never received so much attention.
I could rewrite the complete sentence I wrote and it would be clear that a racist inference could only have been made by taking it out of context. That speaks more for the person making the inference than the comment itself. I digress. Let's go, Tom!

I could rewrite the complete sentence I wrote and it would be clear that a racist inference could only have been made by taking it out of context. That speaks more for the person making the inference than the comment itself. I digress. Let's go, Tom!

I hear you. The term you used is not usually derogatory, it can be but I wouldn't say it's the norm. As I said people are now erring on the side of caution.

Anyway, best of luck to Tom, hope he has a great match!

It ought to be said that his lack of form and preparation can be overcome by his running power.

Simple but unspectacular role of being a number between the arcs to bottle up Pies ball movement would be useful.

His inclusion would nevertheless be the latest of selection decisions that are extremely difficult to reconcile with any objectively identifiable standards.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back