Delisted #46: Tom Jok - Delisted - 24/10

Remove this Banner Ad

I really like the inclusion. If he can come in and play his role. Use his running power and play back up to TBell, it would mean we don’t have to disrupt our forward structure by removing McKernan. Also means we have 3 huge power runners potentially through the midfield in Ham, Jok and Ambrose.

Category2019 VFL (Essendon VFL)
Total games8
Total goals1
Total behinds1
Total best players list2
Average kicks6.4
Average handballs9.5
Average disposals15.9
Averages marks3.4
Average tackles4.3
Average hitouts6.3
Average inside 50s2.8
Average rebound 50s0.9
Average frees for0.6
Average frees against0.9
Average DT points70.38

Played really well. Gets to space easily, contested mark.
It was a better second half. Work in progress tho, not a natural with the ball in hand. He does cover the ground very well and goes to good places. He will earn a lot of footy on the fat side but in traffic might find it harder.

From what I have seen off field is a bright guy who will apply himself. Let’s see what 2020 brings. Well done on game one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some good raw tools and the AFL experience will be a great learning experience. No way do you play him in the finals but lets see if he can keep developing. He certainly has the athletic profile to be something.

Need to change his name in title thread. Its not Tom.

Is challenging Zac Clarke for our worst ever player.

One good mark amidst fumble after fumble and his kicking - my word - he makes D Clarke look like D Jarman.

Not to mention Collingwood players just treat him like witch's hat when they have the ball.
Yeah it isn’t like he’s playing his first ever game in front of 85K against a top 4 contender or anything.

He did a few good things at stages but he certainly had trouble with the pace of the game which is not unusual for first time players who have not had a lot of footy. He has a lot to work on but there is something there to keep tuning for the future.

Ran alot but to VFL spaces. Was often out of position towards the ball not expecting a quick kick to be able to travel 40-50m. (which it wont at VFL)

Had a run, did some nice things and some horrible things.

Nothing he did suggested to me that he is not worth keeping around for a year or two to see how he develops.

Decent first game and will be better for that. All pro's and con's have been posted already but a big Summer coming up for Jok.

BTW, Jok was no worse than Dyl Clarke on debut. Hr had 3-4 touches on debut against Geelong and look how Dylan turned out. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back