Delisted #46: Tom Jok - Delisted - 24/10

c3981c0f9b5d4c9b0a4ff66221030d80.jpg

Height: 193 cm
Weight: 80 kg
Drafted From: Collingwood VFL
Position: Tall Utility
STRENGTHS: Strong Hands, Good Pace, Good Endurance
IMPROVEMENTS: Kicking, Accumulation

SUMMARY: Jok is a powerful player who rose quickly onto the scene late in the year for Collingwood's VFL side, after playing some dominant football for St. Kevins Old Boys in the VAFA, playing in their flag when Collingwood was knocked out of VFL finals against Essendon. Jok played 7 VFL games and was named in the bests 3 times, including the Elimination Final. Jok averaged 17 disposals and 3 marks a game for the Pies, expect him to play mostly off Half Back this year in the VFL.​

Last edited:
It’s been 12 minutes and you haven’t yet done this. Please fix.
In the middle of doing it. I'm trying to match the paragraph that D_P_S has done for the other draftees and struggling to even get more than 3 lines!

Sep 29, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern Munich
Trained with St Kilda last month and won their time trial.

At 6'4" he has a crazy amount of athletic gifts but will need work. Will most likely make it as a 3rd tall/rebound defender although i think he would make a great wingman.

Fairly certain he's out of the Laverde/Langford crop but he was painfully skinny, raw and not ready up until about this year.
Started this year playing VAFA for SKOB and ended it playing VFL for Collingwood and playing quite well as a wing/ruck/wherever else.

Interesting tit for tat given the Saints too Hind (RIP) and Jok was training with them and won their time trial a couple of weeks ago.

I quite like him, I'm just not sure what he is

AFL clubs would be “stupid not to take a chance on Tom Jok”, says St Kilda recruit Dan Hannebery.

The draft hopeful has been training with St Kilda’s first to fourth-year players, turning heads — including that of Hannebery — with his endurance and athletic ability.

Jok edged Jack Sinclair in the Saints' 2km time trial last week,
as coach Alan Richardson watched and encouraged from the sidelines.

Hannebery is hopeful Richardson will continue to watch the mature-age prospect — but as his teammate.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...y/news-story/3d76e54f8669bc6b3c11401f892f8d20

naraku

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
A.C. Milan
A good speculative pick up, seems he has plenty of upside so worth the punt.
Welcome Tom!

Apr 6, 2008
coburg
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Australian cricket team
I was so impressed with his performance in the final against us. I hope we develop him as a defender long term, but also have the wing and half forward up his sleeve. Zerk is coming along and Franga is going to comand the backline. However, with the plethora of 198+ FF it would be great to have a guy who can play a few meters off them, have amazing closing speed and be able to jump over them ... then run off from them. I am thinking long term with the transition from Hurley and Hooker.

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Draper absolutely destroyed him in the ruck in the first VFL final but he did show promising signs around the ground and in general play. Worth a shot.

Draper is 200cm (iirc)

Kok is 193cm. Athlete or not, an inch taller let alone a more natural ruck is will always destroy a speculative third stringer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarkJohnson#1

Premiership Player
Nov 14, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Draper is 200cm (iirc)

Kok is 193cm. Athlete or not, an inch taller let alone a more natural ruck is will always destroy a speculative third stringer

Just stating the facts. I did like what I saw at the game though, mobility in particular.

Draper is 200cm (iirc)

203/105

foj1

Cancelled
Oct 25, 2005
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
essendon
not for me this selection.
surely a genuine mid needed to be taken here
i was hoping for Reynolds from sandy here