Delisted #46: Tom Jok - Delisted - 24/10

Not sure he’s managed consecutive games at any stage this year.

Pretty disappointing because if he kept up the form he showed at the end of last year with the Pies he would have been right in the mix IMO

Not sure he’s managed consecutive games at any stage this year.

Pretty disappointing because if he kept up the form he showed at the end of last year with the Pies he would have been right in the mix IMO
He played 2 games in a row against Frankston and North (with a bye in between but still, two consecutive games) and against Richmond and Preston. It's stringing 3 games in a row that's been the issue.

naraku

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
A.C. Milan
I hope Tom gets another year. He's a super athlete and it seemed his game was starting to gain some traction in the last year or two.

naraku

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
A.C. Milan
I really hope this is true. I have seen a bit of Jok only but thought there's something good there.

PressureCooker

All Australian
May 6, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
VFL watchers, what is his contested marking like? At his height and athleticism he could be handy on the wings to contest our dump kicks out of defence.

Edit: Nevermind, checked his VFL stats. 1 contested mark in 9 games. Not his go obviously.

Last edited:

fairbump_playon

Premiership Player
Jun 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
This is no jok

Named as wing but I reckon could get some back up ruck time regardless of whether TBC gets up. As in - ruck pairing could be TBC & Jok or Smack & Jok.

I’m excited because we haven’t had this style of player on our list before to my knowledge and I’m keen to see how it works for team balance.

However my expectations are tempered because while its one thing to be an interesting “type”, success involves excelling in the specific challenge... which in this case might involve a little bit of Grundy and a whole lot of Friday night MCG intensity.

Vander18

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Jok is interesting. Super runner and his height could add another dimension to our midfield.

Seems to find the footy easily enough, main question will be whether his disposal stands up under AFL level pressure.

Love the selection, good to see the club being bold for a change.

Liberator

Club Legend
Oct 24, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
I've been mildly surprised by his disposal - maybe I'd heard that it was rubbish. My take on him from patchy VFL watching is that he's not super consistent, but is good by foot short-to-medium range. Slips through traffic well, seems to have an ability to change direction while accelerating. Good evasion for his size. Doesn't look fast, but is somehow - 'rangy', kind of like Ridley in that regard. Good endurance. Good spring, but not necessarily a great mark - particularly in packs. (This is just from memory so is mostly fiction lol!).

Back