Delisted #46: Tom Jok - Delisted - 24/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Jok for me. Based on what I've seen in the VFL
Given the wealth of players we have who can play as a high hf or on a wing, and that we had already drafted Houlahan as well, what do you think the thinking is there in drafting Jok as well? Both seem surplus to me, where we could have had another ruckman or KPF. Is Gown that good that he could relieve for Joey, should Joey go full Gumby?

Given the wealth of players we have who can play as a high hf or on a wing, and that we had already drafted Houlahan as well, what do you think the thinking is there in drafting Jok as well? Both seem surplus to me, where we could have had another ruckman or KPF. Is Gown that good that he could relieve for Joey, should Joey go full Gumby?
I don't think our outside midfield depth is as good as many people. Besides, Jok is more half back/wing.

Dont forget jok essebtially got drafted on the back of playing ruck in the vfl finals. Can play literally every position on the ground and is ciearly a superior runner to all but ambrose... not bad in your first pre season

Interesting footballer, seemed to get to some nice spots he was just very fumbly and didn't use it well by foot.

Seems to have good footy smarts, hopefully it was just nerves.

He didn't set the world on fire but the way he moves is very smooth. He seems to have a fair few AFL attributes. One to watch as the season progresses. I've got a suspicion that he will at least make the level of good AFL depth/fringe (eg Ambrose type level) and perhaps even become a regular.

Ran well and got to the right spots, had a few errors but so did everyone.

He still has much to learn, but there are certainly some promising signs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont forget jok essebtially got drafted on the back of playing ruck in the vfl finals. Can play literally every position on the ground and is ciearly a superior runner to all but ambrose... not bad in your first pre season

Could be the player Kepler Bradley was supposed to be.

Skill needs work but for a guy standing 6'4" he moves incredibly well.

I think wing will be the position he makes it as if he does

Good signs from Jok in his first game for the club - good leap and mark, super tank for someone 6’4, seems versatile and showed courage backing into packs a few times without fear. Kicking not ideal but he can work on this in the reserves in 2019 and may turn out to be a very astute pick-up

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He can’t kick. Horrendous looking action that’s probably well entrenched.

And that’s not good.

He's no Hurley but he's kicking action ain't that bad.

He shanked a couple, there's a difference. You're talking about his action like he's Dylan Clarke.

Last edited:
He needs to tidy up his work when the ball is beneath his knees to have an AFL career.

Only Tippa was clean for us in that area on Thursday so it could be first game jitters at this stage.

He can’t kick. Horrendous looking action that’s probably well entrenched.

And that’s not good.

Didn't think his action was bad. The concern for me was he rarely looked to hit up a target and instead opted to kick long in hope.

Only Tippa was clean for us in that area on Thursday so it could be first game jitters at this stage.

Didn't think his action was bad. The concern for me was he rarely looked to hit up a target and instead opted to kick long in hope.

Yeah..put it down to nerves probably.

Time will tell if he comes good with disposal by foot and improves.

Cause let’s face it, the bigger and taller you are the harder it is to kick under pressure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back