VFL Senior #68: Tom Wallis - Joins the VFL list

Remove this Banner Ad

Jesus Christ,

cfs-shears-9inch-l.jpg

Like him.

He's obviously a waif, but he's quick, clean and he put on a tonne of blocks for others when he didn't have the pill, which is more than I can say about others on the list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

\
Like him.

He's obviously a waif, but he's quick, clean and he put on a tonne of blocks for others when he didn't have the pill, which is more than I can say about others on the list.

Shares the traits of his Dad - Dean was a very team oriented player - He got Lloyd a few goals with blocks.

Like him.

Been one of the most frustrating things on watching Essendon over the last 5 years.

Like him.

Was coming in here to say this but he was sensational with the 1%'ers he did today.

Couple of times he could have coasted ahead waiting for his team mate to get tackled and receive the ball, instead, he put a sheppard on and allowed his team mates in much more space.

I'm an unabashed fan :thumbsu:

Is there any prospect of him being promoted and getting senior selection this year? Or too late now?

He's a tough little player. Not flashy, but gritty and if he's able to given a shot, we could do worse.

Is there any prospect of him being promoted and getting senior selection this year? Or too late now?

He's a tough little player. Not flashy, but gritty and if he's able to given a shot, we could do worse.

At any time during 2016, EFC can upgrade any Rookie Listed Player on a similar basis as if a suspended Player was on the Long Term Injury List – noting that as with other clubs, EFC may only have a maximum of 40 players available for senior selection at any time.
http://m.essendonfc.com.au/news/2016-01-15/list-concession-statement

We had 39, lost 12, added 10, promoted Tippa and McKenna, LTI listed Simpkin, upgraded Hams. So 39, if my maths is correct? That's room for one more.

Simpkin returns from injury in about two weeks as well, which will demote Hams again unless there's space on the senior list. Bags or Jamar could be moved to the LTI list (depending on how bad Jamar's hammy is), but so far they haven't been, for whatever reason.

You can upgrade a rookie post round 11 too
We can, but with the list concessions we don't really need a reason, only an open spot on the senior list. I think we've generally tried not to invoke the list concessions with managing our rookies though... And we don't upgrade them unless they're beating the door down for AFL selection in any case.

We can, but with the list concessions we don't really need a reason, only an open spot on the senior list. I think we've generally tried not to invoke the list concessions with managing our rookies though... And we don't upgrade them unless they're beating the door down for AFL selection in any case.

Agree he isn't really required at AFL level but the ability is there

Remove this Banner Ad

Back