Attorney General - Sally Yates
White House Chief of Staff - Ron Klein​

Okay, who’s posturing for where?

And what will Dems first act be?

National mask mandate
then Green New Deal
then uncage the kids
DC & PR statehood?

4 years of relative sanity, here we come!

Last edited:

View attachment 1003958

President Joe Biden
Vice President Kamala Harris

Secretaries of:
Agriculture - Amy Klobuchar
Commerce -
Defense - Tammy Duckworth
Education - Dr Jill B
Energy - John Delaney
Health and Human Services - Pramila Jayapal
Homeland Security - AOC
Housing and Urban Development - Keisha Lance Bottoms
Interior -
Labor - Bernie Sanders
State - Susan Rice
Transportation - Eric Garcetti
Treasury -
Veterans Affairs - Pete Buttigieg
Attorney General -
White House Chief of Staff - Ron Klein

Okay, who’s posturing for where? I can’t think of who AG might be

And what will Dems first act be?

National mask mandate
then Green New Deal
then uncage the kids
DC & PR statehood?

4 years of relative sanity, here we come!
Can you fill in Sally Yates for AG please, I like her.

Nov 17, 2013
Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Sheffield Wednesday
(am slightly hesitant at participating on the remote chance the count gets turned around from here)

Dream: Green New Deal right off the bat. Serious attempts to try and bring the country together and turn people away from supporting far-right, anti-science, conspiracy nuts. AOC or Omar in the cabinet for the lolz.

Reality: Neo-liberalism, deadlock in congress, concessions to Mitch McConnell.

It'll give the Trumpster time to devote more attention to sorting out his debt ridden empire. When they eventually prize him kicking and screaming from the White House.

Will take a while to get the smell out of the White House I'd reckon.
You'd delouse it before setting a foot in there, it's like having the worst rental property tenants in history.

Dec 1, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
President Joe Biden
Vice President Kamala Harris

Secretaries of:
Agriculture - Amy Klobuchar
Commerce -
Defense - Tammy Duckworth
Education - Dr Jill B
Energy - John Delaney
Health and Human Services - Pramila Jayapal
Homeland Security - AOC
Housing and Urban Development - Keisha Lance Bottoms
Interior -
Labor - Bernie Sanders
State - Susan Rice
Transportation - Eric Garcetti
Treasury -
Veterans Affairs - Pete Buttigieg
Attorney General -
White House Chief of Staff - Ron Klein

Willing to bet on which two or three here are definitely not making it into an Administration.

I expect a cabinet full of longtime servants of the Dems, the political machine and people who formerly worked in high power positions for big corporations. As always, replacing the Dems for GOPs.

I'm not expecting there to be much done differently, I hope it takes a long time for the gloss to wear off before everyone realises that it will be very much more of the same political stagnation.

Fortunately, I think the democrats don't position themselves against the vaccine now as they were doing prior to the election, see Kamala Harris, and that will mean a working vaccine is distributed without hurdles allowing their economy to open up and surge back to full power.

It's going to be very good for the USA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I expect a cabinet full of longtime servants of the Dems, the political machine and people who formerly worked in high power positions for big corporations. As always, replacing the Dems for GOPs.

I'm not expecting there to be much done differently, I hope it takes a long time for the gloss to wear off before everyone realises that it will be very much more of the same political stagnation.

Fortunately, I think the democrats don't position themselves against the vaccine now as they were doing prior to the election, see Kamala Harris, and that will mean a working vaccine is distributed without hurdles allowing their economy to open up and surge back to full power.

It's going to be very good for the USA.
I really hope that you are not reflective of your posting history. It really depresses me reading some of your posts.:(

Such a negative view of all that is not 'your' side.

I really hope that you are not reflective of your posting history. It really depresses me reading some of your posts.:(

Such a negative view of all that is not 'your' side.
I'm quite cynical of all politicians and not very optimistic that political change actually does anything.

For example. I agree that they could really do with firearm regulations, but I don't see a way of enforcing it that doesn't result in lots of deaths - so much so that the politicians won't do anything about it.

That's just one of the issues every president campaigns on, walks into the office and then doesn't do anything. It's made out like it's all the NRA but if you scratch a fingernail across the surface of that you ask yourself what measures could be taken, then how do you enforce that without the overwhelming majority of people who aren't a problem being turned into criminals with the stroke of a pen. You'll have to send the police searching house by house, then what happens when the police "find" something in someone's house and arrest them for that? I know that's a far fetched example but I think both sides of the political spectrum there would not want the police searching homes for firearms newly made illegal. [this should also be read as the police not being trusted and planting evidence of drugs in places they think someone needs to be sent to prison]

Not to mention those who would see it as a invasion of their rights and punish them at the next election.

That's how I see politics, politicians talking a big game to get the vote and then nothing being done because the details are both complicated and far too long winded to ever actually talk about in 2 minutes during a debate or interview on TV.

Next election I want both the candidates to sit down with someone like Joe Rogan and have them real time challenged on things they say, pulling up things they've previously said, making them answer specifics.

But I don't think it will happen.

I think next presidential election will be billed as the most important election of our generation, deciding the soul of the nation, that you have to vote like your life depends on it - just like they did for at least the last twenty years.

The Trump version of big talk and no result was his draining the swamp campaigning. Their political system really is full of long time, unelected, influential people who find themselves working for outside groups and back in the government and back at the lobby group like they aren't influenced by the outside money or protecting their nests.

I want politicians to serve the people and I think there is far too much money spent by very rich people with a lot to lose for the votes not to be beholden to an outside interest in some capacity.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back