Play Nice 46th President of the United States: Joe Biden (1) O Brave New World

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Explain to me why a Republican under constant threat of being primaried from the nativist right of their party is going to take a strong stand on gun control.

While they may be personally amenable to your suggested quid pro quo, there's no political reason they would do it.

Yes there is. Their base is happy to have some gun control for immigration control.

To put it in words the Republican haters on this forum will understand (which I don't agree with or endorse) - "we hate all the brown people more than we love some of our guns".

Biden does the deal with Trump. Get Trump to endorse it and watch the base fall into line. It is exactly what the Dems should have done in 2017

Yes there is. Their base is happy to have some gun control for immigration control.

To put it in words the Republican haters on this forum will understand (which I don't agree with or endorse) - "we hate all the brown people more than we love some of our guns".

Biden does the deal with Trump. Get Trump to endorse it and watch the base fall into line. It is exactly what the Dems should have done in 2017

Sorry, the current USA isn't The West Wing. The Republican base hates both brown people AND gun control.

Do you really think that the guy who suggested that gun rights activists might be able "do something" about those who favour gun control and who benefited handsomely from the NRA was going to do anything about it? s**t, it usually takes at least a decade before we start rewriting history.

Do you really think that the guy who suggested that gun rights activists might be able "do something" about those who favour gun control and who benefited handsomely from the NRA was going to do anything about it? sh*t, it usually takes at least a decade before we start rewriting history.

For someone with the nickname "Gough" to talk about rewriting history...please. Old Gough was dismissed by Kerr and then sacked again by the Australian people because he was such a disaster. Yet for 30 years we heard about how Kerr brought him down.

Trump is a deal maker. He has no core principles. Yes he would have moved on gun control if he saw other benefits.

This is the guy you said that was racist who did more for blacks in the criminal justice system than generations of politicians. Largely so he could be photographed with Kanye and Kim.

Sorry, the current USA isn't The West Wing. The Republican base hates both brown people AND gun control.

Kind of like how Democrats hate anyone not reliant on Government or who don't fit into a pre-determined victim category?

You realise stupid stereotypes just divide further right? If you actually want to change things you need to bring both sides together. You do that through removing the labels, trying to find common ground and promoting compromise.

Trump is a deal maker. He has no core principles. Yes he would have moved on gun control if he saw other benefits.

This is the guy you said that was racist who did more for blacks in the criminal justice system than generations of politicians. Largely so he could be photographed with Kanye and Kim.
1. Yes if they had been against him, he would have bad-mouthed them and attempted revenge.

2. I’d like to see proof of that.

For someone with the nickname "Gough" to talk about rewriting history...please. Old Gough was dismissed by Kerr and then sacked again by the Australian people because he was such a disaster. Yet for 30 years we heard about how Kerr brought him down.

Deal maker is a brand he built for himself, don't think it actually worked in practice.

Kind of like how Democrats hate anyone not reliant on Government or who don't fit into a pre-determined victim category?

You realise stupid stereotypes just divide further right? If you actually want to change things you need to bring both sides together. You do that through removing the labels, trying to find common ground and promoting compromise.

You can bring both sides together on some issues (e.g. going to war) but not on identity issues. There's absolutely nothing in it for a Republican member of Congress.

1. Yes if they had been against him, he would have bad-mouthed them and attempted revenge.

which part my overlord?
You may kiss my ring.

The second paragraph. The statement which I labelled (2). The “done more for black people” line.

You may kiss my ring.

The second paragraph. The statement which I labelled (2). The “done more for black people” line.

Thank you my overlord. As long as it is an actual ring on your hand, not elsewhere. I don't care for that. I also prefer to kiss diamonds or rubies - but at least genuine stones. Must also be gold - none of this silver or rose gold nonsense.

The First Step Act was a tremendous policy.

See - https://edition.cnn.com/2019/04/02/opinions/first-step-act-so-far-opinion-jones-jackson/index.html

Funding black colleges - https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/trump-signs-bill-restoring-funding-black-colleges-67833769

Thank you my overlord. As long as it is an actual ring on your hand, not elsewhere. I don't care for that. I also prefer to kiss diamonds or rubies - but at least genuine stones. Must also be gold - none of this silver or rose gold nonsense.

The First Step Act was a tremendous policy.

See - https://edition.cnn.com/2019/04/02/opinions/first-step-act-so-far-opinion-jones-jackson/index.html

Funding black colleges - https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/trump-signs-bill-restoring-funding-black-colleges-67833769
You seem to have missed something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmm, not so sure of that. His base would be up in arms about, pardon the pun.

But fine, lets assume he was willing to act - still not sure how he gets it through congress (which I assume would need to be the pathway for any meaningful gun reform).

Hmm, not so sure of that. His base would be up in arms about, pardon the pun.

But fine, lets assume he was willing to act - still not sure how he gets it through congress (which I assume would need to be the pathway for any meaningful gun reform).

I love the pun.

By using his megaphone as the President to push it through. You think Mitch wanted paid parental leave or criminal justice reform?

Wondering if those who thought “Bernie Bros” were out of control and were their primary reason to oppose him, and who likewise had issues with Trump supporters, feel the same way about the lunatic KHive of mad Kamala stans.

Fundamentalist supporters of any poli are a s**t stain.

Politics is the art of compromise, and compromise is the one thing fundamentalists are unable to do.

AOC selling out. Donates $160K to establishment democrats who hate her. They chucked the bribes back at her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back