Play Nice 46th President of the United States: Joe Biden (1) O Brave New World

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gosh, the things that happen while I’m not online, guiltily watching fireworks for a day I object to, not just for its celebration of imperialism but also for the silliness of nationalist celebrations.

Two peas in a pod?
I'm sure he will distance himself from you. As an avid white nationalist, Trump sycophant. He will want to make it clear how much he wants nothing to do with you.

Or... You share kinship, as you've implied?
spinynorman Is 'the left' the problem? And that's why you're ok with fk...

As may be apparent from my views above, I’ve never said “the left” are the problem, though I think a lot of people are lumped into the left who shouldn’t be.

Claims to a relationship to the contrary (much like Kylie, I should be so lucky in love), I don’t know FK. I disagree with much of what he posts, but I like to give people (the ones who don’t have power, at least) the benefit of the doubt so it would take a lot for me to say I think someone is irredeemable and want nothing to do with a person. I find the comparisons between us strange (I have a pet cat that I adore with all my heart, but don’t tend to talk of her in the way FK does about his cute pup), but perhaps that’s a flaw in my own self-awareness.

Thanks for calling me out, for calling out fk insisting you're a brother.

You've obviously addressed what you needed to address. And deliberately ignored what you want to ignore.

I'm the problem. Not FK.
I'm making the wrong connections, not FK who is using you to support his position.
I'm the blah blah blah, while you 'miss', and support the Trump supporters.
OOOOoooOooOOoopps
;)

You've assailed us with paragraphs for Biden using the wrong tissue paper.
Why can't you tell this white supremacists to fu** off?
What do you need to hold back?
I don’t know what this is referring to. I don’t think you’re “the problem”. I have no idea what Biden using the wrong tissue paper means. I think white supremacy is abhorrent.

4 times over the last 2 years, where you've disagreed with a post he's made.

Please quote 4 times over the last TWO YEARS... where you've disagreed with the posts he'd made.

You can't.

Don't use him as cover for things you support. And then when he calls you a brother, you pretend you don't know him and can't make a comment.

I know his persona on here but I don’t know him in real life. Ditto you! Though I think from what I’ve seen come up of philosophy and ideology you and I would probably get along reasonably well?

I’ll oblige on finding the four posts shortly, God knows I have nothing otherwise to do, but it shouldn’t be too difficult, if it’s important to you.

View attachment 1316837

Just be honest. Just take a few minutes, and actually be honest.

You've been online. You've responded to his post.
Now you're pretending you've not been able to respond, because you're busy.

We probably agree on heaps of things. But you're obviously dishonest. And it's a repeated failing of yours.

I was referring to when you said “And yet, silence”. As I wasn’t online.

For example, as an Australian, you're upset with Biden not completely removing student loans... But you're totally adverse to even reading about your own country leading into the US student loans you oppose.

? I dislike Morrison more than any other Prime Minister in my lifetime. I find Australian politics so frustrating, so trivial, so mind-numbing, that it really wearies me to talk about it at any length. That’s not to say I don’t read about it, or that I don’t have an opinion on the fact that the living conditions of ordinary people in this country (myself included) are only going backwards.
You care more about white anting Biden than you do about any other area of politics.

Biden holds the most powerful position in the world. In this position, how many deaths has the US Government been responsible for? How many people are worse off as a result of their actions? I stand by any criticism I’ve made of him, as well as any praise.

And now, for FireKrakouer's four most recent posts that I disagree with, because apparently it's more important to focus on what divides us than what unites us, because that's how the Left will win again.

Harsh because it's incredibly short and tongue in cheek, but in the context of a post that in essence says "left-wing extremism is more dangerous than right-wing extremism". In the end, for right-wing extremism (or even moderation, to be brutally honest) to be successful, it involves the loss or degradation of rights and equality for ordinary people, where left-wing extremism's goal is to create a society more egalitarian and democratic.

Trump was a dove only relative to his predecessors. Knocked out ISIS then dared to try and remove troops from Syria. Lefties here were outraged because he was gonna cause muh ethnic cleansing of the Kurds (the MSM told them so, despite Kurdish leaders rejecting the suggestion). Then they blamed the Afghanistan withdrawal on Trump for signing the deal. Mattis quit because Trump wouldn't stick to the Forever Wars TM model. North and South Korea chilled out with each other, there were peace deals signed left and right in the ME... now the MSM is priming these same useful idiot lefties for another proxy war to replace the others with!

Part agree, but also disagree. The role of the US in the fight against ISIS was minimal at best. The Middle Eastern deals were also complete frogshit and achieved nothing of any consequence, except give the Israeli Apartheid state some legitimacy. It's great that Trump said the US should've withdrawn from Afghanistan but of course he didn't actually do it - thankfully Biden actually did that. And while Trump's meeting with Kim was a success, it really was the hard work of the South Korean President Moon in ably bringing the two together, and Trump was essentially a useful idiot for his purposes (it's also worth noting that the US State Department still under Biden wants nothing more than Moon's liberal Democratic Party to lose this year's election to the anti-communist People Power Party, who will undo any positive steps taken towards Korean peace and reunification.

So many great authors and entertainers have succumbed to Trump [redacted] Syndrome and are wasting their talent on Twitter gotchas now... even old mate from mythbusters... and it breaks my heart.

It was ironically Don Winslow's amazing book The Power of the Dog that convinced me that the US needs a big, beautiful wall. Add that book to your list, it's fantastic and based on real people and events!

The US doesn't need a wall, the US needs to accept the fact that for decades (or centuries) it has ruined the lives of people in South and Central America and left them with no option in their lives but to attempt to go to the country who caused their misery, where they are then persecuted by Governments and left rife to be exploited by an economic system that is dependent on a cheap, insecure labour force. It's disappointing, to put it mildly, that Biden has quietly continued the construction of the border wall.

M8 they tried every undemocratic method they could to remove Trump. Muh Russians, muh Ukrainians, muh 21st amendment. Antifa and BLM burnt down half the country and seized city blocks, with dozens of murders committed and lives destroyed of small business owners.

A few hundred rednecks storming the capitol (with security mysteriously being pulled prior, and undercover feds leading the charge) is horrible also. Fortunately there was only one death on the day (one of the rioters). In terms of non-peaceful protest the lefties hold a monopoly, and it breaks my heart. I’d join a rally for climate action or other causes if I was confident that demonstrators would not block traffic or damage small businesses… that’s just not right nor is it how you get people onside!

It's disappointing that liberal elites pushed BLM into a far more moderate, inane and safe protest group, neutering them in the process and seeing it whimper out from actually making major, needed changes to the United States. In countries with right-wing governments (ie the overwhelming majority of the Western world at the moment), naturally left-wing people are more likely to protest. When violent right-wing protests around the developing world in particular have subverted democracy and threatened the creation of authoritarian, anti-democratic right-wing governments is of course of greater concern than BLM protesters burning down the building that houses the violent force that kills and oppresses poor, predominantly black Americans, it is completely wrong to say "lefties hold a monopoly on non-peaceful protest".

Didn't even need to go back beyond this month. Not sure why I bothered, to be honest, as I've made my views on these issues or other similar ones clear a multitude of times, but still am bizarrely slated as pro-Trump despite obviously having views that are substantially in conflict with his.

Ok, you can't point out posts where you call out FK, who calls you a brother.
You don't care about Australian politics.

Can you quote 4 posts where you called out Trump, during his presidency, for minor (but important) issues?
The most powerful position in the world, something you obviously care about. Can you quote 4 times you were critical of Trump, while he was the US president, while he held the "most powerful position in the world"?

You probably can't... you could probably quote 4 times where you've wanted Biden to use Twitter the same way Trump did... for the keks.

Powerful position. keks.

It's late, I'm going to bed, maybe tomorrow but I'm sure I've been through this before.

Justice Stephen G. Breyer, the senior member of the Supreme Court’s three-member liberal wing, will retire, two people familiar with the decision said, providing President Biden a chance to make good on his campaign pledge to name a Black woman to the court.

Mr. Biden is expected to formally announce the retirement at the White House on Thursday, according to one person familiar with the planning for the event.

Watch Mitch try to delay his replacement till after the midterms and a possible political shift

Justice Stephen G. Breyer, the senior member of the Supreme Court’s three-member liberal wing, will retire, two people familiar with the decision said, providing President Biden a chance to make good on his campaign pledge to name a Black woman to the court.

Mr. Biden is expected to formally announce the retirement at the White House on Thursday, according to one person familiar with the planning for the event.

Watch Mitch try to delay his replacement till after the midterms and a possible political shift

I don't think he will this time but keeping Garland off the bench was the best thing Mitch has done

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you quote 4 posts where you called out Trump, during his presidency, for minor (but important) issues?
The most powerful position in the world, something you obviously care about. Can you quote 4 times you were critical of Trump, while he was the US president, while he held the "most powerful position in the world"?

You probably can't... you could probably quote 4 times where you've wanted Biden to use Twitter the same way Trump did... for the keks.

Here, here, here and here.

McConnell doesn't control the Senate any more, he doesn't set the rules which allowed him to delay Garland's nomination reaching the Senate.

He might after the mid-terms which is why Breyer is retiring now, I'd guess. He's seeing conservative appointments tear apart the constitution.

McConnell doesn't control the Senate any more, he doesn't set the rules which allowed him to delay Garland's nomination reaching the Senate.

He might after the mid-terms which is why Breyer is retiring now, I'd guess. He's seeing conservative appointments tear apart the constitution.

Yes, thankfully Breyer has learned from Ginsburg's error and is retiring at the optimal time for getting another liberal on the Court in his replacement.

Lmao what's up with you guys and punching left?
Fair enough.

Sorry spinynorman we have different views, and approach subjects and topics differently.

I think you're dishonest, but it could well be that I just don't see things from the direction you see them, and I unfairly lump you in with other posters who actually are dishonest.

I'll try to stop accusing you of bad faith, instead of engaging and discussing your positions/views.

It will be interesting to see how he responds. You could argue his work in this area is done, with a strong right-leaning majority in place, but if he wants to push the envelope no doubt he will be making calls to Sinema and Manchin. One would think they'd rebuff him, but you never know...

It will be interesting to see how he responds. You could argue his work in this area is done, with a strong right-leaning majority in place, but if he wants to push the envelope no doubt he will be making calls to Sinema and Manchin. One would think they'd rebuff him, but you never know...
Biden cant count on 50

Would cost the GOP the mid-terms, I think, if they made overturning abortion (and the Supreme Court nomination process) such a big issue leading up to the election.

There are more GOP people who would go to the Dem side than Dems to the GOP.

Sinema and Manchin are on the take to maintain the status quo, they don't go chasing GOP causes.

Susan Collins thought this court wouldn't overturn Roe v Wade, but they have done worse, they overturned the constitution such that civil action can be brought in lieu of state action. Completely changes the fabric of the constitution. It's only a matter of time until states like California use this distortion on gun control and pollution the same way the GOP are using it against abortion.

Wow, the dems seem to have learnt (from the Bader Ginsburg situation), doesn't happen often lol.

Lifetime appointments remain utterly ridiculous though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back