Play Nice 46th President of the United States: Joe Biden (1) O Brave New World

Status
Not open for further replies.
No more is needed, Hillary is probably the worst choice they could put up so it would be very bold if they went with her.

Not surprised your anti funny gifs.
Not really a choice though, isn't this just right wing media creating mischief though.

No more is needed, Hillary is probably the worst choice they could put up so it would be very bold if they went with her.

Not surprised your anti funny gifs.
I didn't see the humour in it nor did I get the relevance. Posting gifs on the own is just lazy.

Why not contribute to the discussion even if you disagree?

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
So where does this leave Kamala Harris?
Precisely where she was before: a prosecutor with a record for being pro-establishment before she was a senator on one hand (ie, progressives and lefties don't like her) and a black woman on the other (she's not going to get the conservatives onside either).

Until she can create a message that appeals to either side, she's not a candidate for democratic nominee, IMO. But then, I'm hardly a massive follower of US politics.

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Precisely where she was before: a prosecutor with a record for being pro-establishment before she was a senator on one hand (ie, progressives and lefties don't like her) and a black woman on the other (she's not going to get the conservatives onside either).

Until she can create a message that appeals to either side, she's not a candidate for democratic nominee, IMO. But then, I'm hardly a massive follower of US politics.

Yeah this link tracks her declining approval rating, I'm guessing they expected her to be more popular.

Yep, unfortunately for her (and very similar to Pence), her selection as veep served to get favour of a cohort that the Pres candidate was lacking. It is interesting that the last two veeps (at least) were not really considered serious succession plans.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
At what point does it get to the "bidens gotta go" vote? I remember pre 2020 election people where saying "Trump's gotta go" pretty much as the sole reason why they wanted Biden to win.
After mid-terms is my guess - not so much go but lame duck - take the walker with you when you leave message

I didn't see the humour in it nor did I get the relevance. Posting gifs on the own is just lazy.

Why not contribute to the discussion even if you disagree?
That particular gif though is expressing disbelief that someone would choose Hilary and that they think it is unlikely to work.
Which is a very reasonable position imo and there’s not much to discuss

Spearman

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 15, 2017
expatriated in East Asia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ohio State Buckeyes
No bold strategy from the DNC 🤦‍♂️ pepper came out because of course its not serious
sometimes a gif is like a text without the emoji, hard to tell what the intent of the poster is

that gif is classic, but I didn't know which way you were commenting

maybe a little remark to go with it next time ;)

Spearman

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 15, 2017
expatriated in East Asia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ohio State Buckeyes

I agree with you views on this. She was the establishment choice, pure and simple. I also think she would be the worst choice for 2024 for the same reason. She, like Hillary, don't represent any improvement or progress. And we've already seen the electorate are so hungry for it, that they voted for a corrupt reality star instead. Someone with charisma, fire, and strong, fresh ideas will be needed. Look at the Bill C. and Obama campaigns. Those were exceptional, and that sort of candidate is something that will captivate the voters. Pols known for being establishment won't cut it, regardless of color or gender.

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
I agree with you views on this. She was the establishment choice, pure and simple. I also think she would be the worst choice for 2024 for the same reason. She, like Hillary, don't represent any improvement or progress. And we've already seen the electorate are so hungry for it, that they voted for a corrupt reality star instead. Someone with charisma, fire, and strong, fresh ideas will be needed. Look at the Bill C. and Obama campaigns. Those were exceptional, and that sort of candidate is something that will captivate the voters. Pols known for being establishment won't cut it, regardless of color or gender.
I can't find it, but in the leadup to the last Dem primary, I saw a video that discussed at length the people who after winning the primary go on to become president. Those who run with the 'safe pair of hands' in general get smashed; those who affect the pretense of wanting change or moving society forward get elected.

Biden is the exception, because so many turned out to vote Trump out. If they wind up picking another establishment candidate or someone who cannot instill the voters with that sense of progress they're going to struggle.

That particular gif though is expressing disbelief that someone would choose Hilary and that they think it is unlikely to work.
Which is a very reasonable position imo and there’s not much to discuss
You are assuming that I was familiar with the story behind the gif.

the following is right!
sometimes a gif is like a text without the emoji, hard to tell what the intent of the poster is

that gif is classic, but I didn't know which way you were commenting

maybe a little remark to go with it next time ;)
Exactly!

You are assuming that I was familiar with the story behind the gif.

the following is right!

Exactly!
Fair enough. I’m usually not much of a gif person but thought that particular one was a very widespread one (my assumption is it has to be widespread for me to be aware of it lol)

Spearman

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 15, 2017
expatriated in East Asia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ohio State Buckeyes
I can't find it, but in the leadup to the last Dem primary, I saw a video that discussed at length the people who after winning the primary go on to become president. Those who run with the 'safe pair of hands' in general get smashed; those who affect the pretense of wanting change or moving society forward get elected.

Biden is the exception, because so many turned out to vote Trump out. If they wind up picking another establishment candidate or someone who cannot instill the voters with that sense of progress they're going to struggle.
Makes sense. People want their lives improved.

Their system requires motivation to get that middle demographic to bother voting so motivational change, or unfortunately fear and division, will get them out to vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back