Player Watch #47 Bigoa Nyuon

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree and the Hawks and Bombers game are two games he probably deserves. His kicking seemed to be dodgy and with no penetration. His aerial work is his strength atm.
Agreed but im thinking that he was a little overawed by the occasion also, It was a big day for him and alot of family members and probably over thought things combined with nerves. sooner we get 20-30 games into him i think we will see the talent coming through

He has just about every possible too to make a top tier backman
197cm 93kgs (i like to see another8-10kgs on him) as i dont think he would lose much in speed and agility but the extra strength would be amazing
Leap,Speed , Size, agility and can play and understands the game

experience and confidence for this kid imo

Agreed but im thinking that he was a little overawed by the occasion also, It was a big day for him and alot of family members and probably over thought things combined with nerves. sooner we get 20-30 games into him i think we will see the talent coming through

He has just about every possible too to make a top tier backman
197cm 93kgs (i like to see another8-10kgs on him) as i dont think he would lose much in speed and agility but the extra strength would be amazing
Leap,Speed , Size, agility and can play and understands the game

experience and confidence for this kid imo
I agree watching him in the VFL a few weeks ago i stated that out of all the Sudanese footballers that have come into the competition he looks the most natural as a footballer rather than the athletic types we've had.

I agree watching him in the VFL a few weeks ago i stated that out of all the Sudanese footballers that have come into the competition he looks the most natural as a footballer rather than the athletic types we've had.
This kid will take 2-3 years to become the player we want for a few reasons
and being a KPD is just the most common but i would 100% keep him and offer him a 3 year deal

But i have a gut feel he will be worth the wait , Last time i got this vibe for a defender was Grimes as a PSD pick
Balta i would have taken with the Higgins pick straight off the bat

Miller played a different role in the vfl to what he would be playing in the afl though?
And what role would that be. From memory he played in partnership with Tarrant and Street much like he would with Grimes and Gibcus etc. The difference I think was that he actually attacked the contest and took the game on, albeit against average opponents.

Biggy does not attack the ball in the air enough.

Not sure of his story but he needs to understand if he does not make it happen and go after the ball he will not make it.

The ball does not bite you. The ball is an enabler. It is there to be grabbed by those that look for opportunities. If he does not want it, fine we will find someone else who does.

It does not pay to be shy and safe on the football field

I am concerned not enough posters are bagging Biggy!! Biggy needs to take a chance. Don't die wondering!!It is okay to make a mistake.

I would love to see Biggy make lots of mistakes and looking like a idiot. At least he would be sticking his neck out and might actually learn and improve because it is not that bad if you make a error

Last edited:
I thought I'd give this thread a bump because I am really pleased that they haven't delisted Bigoa Nyoun as some had speculated they might. Arts and Martyn being delisted were obviously no brainers. RCD I'm not surprised but I thought he was a chance with Taranto and Hopper coming in just to reinforce the midfield depth. Stack is upsetting but you tend to forget how long he has been on the list, it feels like yesterday he did that bump on Viney and was being heralded as one of the draft steals of the century. But he has been on the list for four years, if the penny hadn't dropped by now it probably never will.

Anyhow getting back to Biggie, whenever I have watched him I have seen serious AFL traits, in particular how he has read the game. Both as a defender and when he was thrown into the ruck later in the season. Throw that in with his Sudanese physical attributes and we might end up in the end with a hell of a footballer. Anyhow our achilles heel going forward with no decent draft picks for the next two drafts is our key position stocks. It's entirely possible that Grimes, Tarrant and Reiwoldt might only have one more year left in them. There will be spots to fill and it would have been insane to have delisted Nyuon. I am really glad they have persisted with him.

I thought I'd give this thread a bump because I am really pleased that they haven't delisted Bigoa Nyoun as some had speculated they might. Arts and Martyn being delisted were obviously no brainers. RCD I'm not surprised but I thought he was a chance with Taranto and Hopper coming in just to reinforce the midfield depth. Stack is upsetting but you tend to forget how long he has been on the list, it feels like yesterday he did that bump on Viney and was being heralded as one of the draft steals of the century. But he has been on the list for four years, if the penny hadn't dropped by now it probably never will.

Anyhow getting back to Biggie, whenever I have watched him I have seen serious AFL traits, in particular how he has read the game. Both as a defender and when he was thrown into the ruck later in the season. Throw that in with his Sudanese physical attributes and we might end up in the end with a hell of a footballer. Anyhow our achilles heel going forward with no decent draft picks for the next two drafts is our key position stocks. It's entirely possible that Grimes, Tarrant and Reiwoldt might only have one more year left in them. There will be spots to fill and it would have been insane to have delisted Nyuon. I am really glad they have persisted with him.

Needs to work on his contested marking and his tank. Worth persisting with for another year. Hopefully a big improvement this year

Confused Curb Your Enthusiasm GIF

Happy to give him another year but I really haven't seen much in the VFL games I watched this year. Maybe I just got the bad ones.

Needs to work on his contested marking and his tank. Worth persisting with for another year. Hopefully a big improvement this year

He was only drafted with Cumberland, Ralphsmith, and Dow, so he is tracking ok in relation to those guys. Biggy is younger than Critter Ryan who was drafted a year after him. I don’t think we have ever had superstar expectations for Biggy but you would say he is tracking a bit better than Miller at the same age and that is encouraging. If he can go from being a competitive VFL player to a more dominant one in 2023 I think he will be on track to be a useful player for the club, and I think that is realistic. It’s good he has shown a bit in the ruck and in defence and a glimpse up forward as well. I like how a lot of his play is quite emphatic, especially when spoiling. As his confidence grows I think he might start backing himself a bit more ala Miller. Biggy might have a bit more campaigner in him than Miller too. 😁

Bigoa Nyuon needs another 2 years on the list to develop as he was always going to be a project player and needed development but has looked both fantastic and terrible at times but if he pays off he will be a great player to have in the team. Fantastic agility and speed and physically getting to the size required to be a kpd.

Keep

I'm hoping we play Miller and Balta back this year. They are the most ready and deserve their spots in the back 7.

With Tarrant and Grimes retiring in the next 12-24 months, there is a ton of opportunity for Biggie and Gibcus and to compete for 3rd and 4th tall defender roles through 2023 and 2024. Both are athletic and lighter framed players, allowing them to play to their strengths as intercept defenders without having to worry about matching up on a Hawkins or King type of key forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bigoa Nyuon needs another 2 years on the list to develop as he was always going to be a project player and needed development but has looked both fantastic and terrible at times but if he pays off he will be a great player to have in the team. Fantastic agility and speed and physically getting to the size required to be a kpd.

Keep
If Biggie could contribute for four quarters he'd be elite. You see him put on an absolute show for a quarter then he just seems to fade. Get him super fit and he could be anything. Absolutely worth persisting with.

If Biggie could contribute for four quarters he'd be elite. You see him put on an absolute show for a quarter then he just seems to fade. Get him super fit and he could be anything. Absolutely worth persisting with.
yep, you could see in his debut game, he was absolutely gassed late

Thats what happens with these kids that dont have the tank of the elite kids when they go up a level , 2 more preseasons and he will be alot beter and players his size and position we need to give time. Chol was similar and only when he got to 23/24 was he able to play out full games and not 100% sure but Allir Allir really only started being influential when he was similar age

Agree he doesn’t have killer instinct.
Mansell has grunt , anger purpose than him.
Haven’t even seen signs let alone a solid game. Delist for me.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
You must have missed the match where mabs was hit late after disposal
Biggy showed anger grunt, and a few other adjectives, was reported as well 👍

Should watch some of his vfl games, the campaigner loves the hard stuff

Been suspended a few times and a couple of fines already

If he lacks anything it’s poise and needs to hold back somtimes

You must have missed the match where mabs was hit late after disposal
Biggy showed anger grunt, and a few other adjectives, was reported as well 👍
That the one where he got done for head butting? 😂

He's shown in patches that he could be a dominant marking defender. He's not gonna be a gorilla lock down type. Remember one game he put in a ridiculous half in the VFL where he was marking everything. Cut them to pieces. He just lacks consistency, which is purely a fitness issue. The guy can play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back