Delisted #47: Henry Crauford - Not offered a contract for 2021 (confirmed)

Remove this Banner Ad

Another tantalising little snippet from the scratch match against the Dogs.

Chasing a small back toward goal (seemingly as a defender), smothers a handball, goes to ground taking his opponent out of the game, bounces back up to receive a handball from Bryan in one motion, runs off and kicks accurately to a team mate maybe 30m away.

He's a brute overhead too.

This guy...he's my kind of guy!

Last edited:
So now that my work in relation to Draper is done, I've formally taken on the role of chief driver of the Henry Crauford band-locomotive.

3 goals playing out of the square in the scratchie against the Lions from 3 big marks. Obviously he's a huge man but he doesn't seem to be playing on short people. The marks are clean.

I reckon his game will convert and that he'll make his debut this year.

Edit: looks like he was opposed to 197cm Jack Payne. Though at least the first mark was on smaller players.

Last edited:
So now that my work in relation to Draper is done, I've formally taken on the role of chief driver of the Henry Crauford band-locomotive.

3 goals playing out of the square in the scratchie against the Lions from 3 big marks. Obviously he's a huge man but he doesn't seem to be playing on short people. The marks are clean.

Definitely something to work with and should get a spot next year.

Last edited:

The lid is off :cool:
Have to admit have been liking the fact he has been playing everywhere yet still doing good things.

Some of the highlights are showing good signs he isnt going to be just a lumbering tall who can jump.
Looks pretty good around the ground and when the ball is on the deck.

If we're in a position by next year to not be relying on tbc and phillips as draper back up, that would be a good outcome for us.

Every week it becomes more and more obvious that all he needs is a little bit more physical development and experience to be a real weapon for us.

He has all the raw tools.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another big game for him in the scratchy can’t wait to see the highlights. Would be close to a debut.
A couple of big marks and an iffy free kick but looks like he competed strongly.

Jack Graham, Thomson Dow and Hugo Ralphsmith played for us as well apparently

Striking me as a bit of a tim English scenario for us.
Mobile and good below his knees for a big man. But needs to build the frame to prevent from being monstered.

Would prefer not to rush but once ready id give him afl exposure the way the dogs did with english. Manage it, but don't go uber conservative

I’d be happy reward his good form and give him a couple of games in a few weeks. Might turn out to be our surprise forward/2nd ruck who doesn’t give away 20 free kicks a match.

Might as well play him as often as his body allows, we're not going to be doing any damage in finals even if we do somehow manage to fall over the line. He might not have as much of an impact as McKernan due to his size but I think the emphasis should be on developing the list for next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back