Delisted #47: Henry Crauford - Not offered a contract for 2021 (confirmed)

Remove this Banner Ad

Gee can’t be that hard can it?
For all his faults McKernan is as strong as an ox, can impact a contest and bring the ball to ground, where I think the younger players might get out muscled by mature defenders.

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
For all his faults McKernan is as strong as an ox, can impact a contest and bring the ball to ground, where I think the younger players might get out muscled by mature defenders.

He certainly didn’t impact any contests today, was soft as butter.

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
I'm still trying to think of a key forward who is so inept that he can't stand in position and participate in obstructing a marking contest (also know as "bringing the ball to ground").

It’s amazing how often he’s in the right position to hold his ground only to peel off like a crumber to let his opponent intercept uncontested.

he left the hub according to his instagram. assume hes done at the club to be honest
Really? Seems like a waste given what we've been saying about him in scratch match write ups etc.

Maybe he didn't want it, which is disappointing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Apparently it's an injury so I wouldn't read to much in to it. What's the point of keeping players in the hub when their seasons are done.

Good to see that we waited ourselves out of an opportunity to get a look at him. To busy building a premiership campaign.

At some point you have to make your own luck.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Apparently it's an injury so I wouldn't read to much in to it. What's the point of keeping players in the hub when their seasons are done.

Good to see that we waited ourselves out of an opportunity to get a look at him. To busy building a premiership campaign.

At some point you have to make your own luck.
Did the same with Draper last year.

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Did the same with Draper last year.

Yep. There is an air of inevitability about the way it tends to happen.

You can see it now.

Rutten: "Hank, I like your work but what we need from you is to be able to defend the ground in place of 10 players. When you can do that we'll give you a game.

Now I've got to go and meet with Bellchambers because we're trying to devise a plan to accommodate him playing 15% game time."

Hank: "Yeah cool thanks Truck."

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Yep. There is an air of inevitability about the way it tends to happen.

You can see it now.

Rutten: "Hank, I like your work but what we need from you is to be able to defend the ground in place of 10 players. When you can do that we'll give you a game."
Just happy we gave mozzie a go before he went down.

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
so, do we know if this bloke is done or was he just leaving the hub in those Instagram photos people so eloquently stalk?

Would be bitterly disappointed if we gave up on a kid who despite being of (mature) age, was always going to be a project. From what a few people have said and seen, he almost could have had an opportunity this year.

Here's hoping it isn't true and we see him in Red n Black in 2021

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
so, do we know if this bloke is done or was he just leaving the hub in those Instagram photos people so eloquently stalk?

Would be bitterly disappointed if we gave up on a kid who despite being of (mature) age, was always going to be a project. From what a few people have said and seen, he almost could have had an opportunity this year.

Here's hoping it isn't true and we see him in Red n Black in 2021

Was an article floating around a while back stating that his position on the list was dependant on list reductions.

There was never any announcement so I assume he left the hub with the club's blessing and remains "listed".

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Was an article floating around a while back stating that his position on the list was dependant on list reductions.

There was never any announcement so I assume he left the hub with the club's blessing and remains "listed".
Would be a bitter pill to swallow imho. A 204cm power athlete coming on late should not just be dropped off. His age should have nothing to do with our list decision and more what he can/could achieve in 12 more months here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back