Player Watch #47: Ivan Soldo

Remove this Banner Ad

In fairness these people probably wanted a kid who has actually touched an onion before, not some dude who has never pulled on a pair of boots. Young Ivan may end up being an absolute bunny. TBH with our track record of developing players I would put money on it :D
Where does it say he has never touched a footy, simply says the kid has never played a game before? It's not like we've gone a got some 204cm/106kg freak who has never played sports, the kid has represented the ACT in basketball, so it would be fair to say the kid is a pretty handy sportsman already. Sure it will take a fair amount of work to get the kid to a reasonable standard, but with his cousin at the club to give him support I'd be willing to suggest the kid will come on very quickly.

Where does it say he has never touched a footy, simply says the kid has never played a game before? It's not like we've gone a got some 204cm/106kg freak who has never played sports, the kid has represented the ACT in basketball, so it would be fair to say the kid is a pretty handy sportsman already. Sure it will take a fair amount of work to get the kid to a reasonable standard, but with his cousin at the club to give him support I'd be willing to suggest the kid will come on very quickly.

Obviously he has touched a footy, it says he did some training earlier in the year. Just defending people who would prefer the club to take a kid who has grown up with footy and won't need the same type of attention that this kid will. Maybe they will take another ruck, who knows.

Obviously he has touched a footy, it says he did some training earlier in the year. Just defending people who would prefer the club to take a kid who has grown up with footy and won't need the same type of attention that this kid will. Maybe they will take another ruck, who knows.
but they wouldnt qualify for the rookie spot he is on.....

He may of played alot of footy more than 3 years ago....
I'm not fussed....

My personal opinion is the huge ruckman is going to be extinct down the track for the "footballer" extra midfielder type ruckman anyhow so I want hold much hope for him...Maybe he can teach Hampson a few things??? :) clubs will slowly realize a ruckman should be like an extra midfielder.... ala Maric.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

???? What has this got to do with anything? Of course we can

What is going on here brother?? What is the argument? I don't see one. Was just responding to RT when he talked about people wanting a ruckman drafted and then not being happy with this kid being recruited. I can understand it if blokes want a proper ruckman recruited via the draft. Nothing to do with this CatB rookie s**t

What spot? The **** is going on here? Are we not allowed to take ruckman in the rookie draft anymore?

You're saying you'd rather someone who has grown up playing footy for this rookie spot. We are telling you that is not possible for this type of rookie (category B).

This rule exists to recruit players who haven't played footy seriously. It's designed to grow the game and expand the talent pool.

You're saying you'd rather someone who has grown up playing footy for this rookie spot. We are telling you that is not possible for this type of rookie (category B).

No, I'm not. Have you been reading what I have written?

RT: There is no pleasing some people, we get a Cat B rookie ruckman to develop for free and people still seem unhappy about it.

That comment is what I responded to. I've said perhaps the people RT is referring to (I haven't stated a preference) wanted to draft a ruck who has grown up with footy (which we may still do) rather than put time into a kid who has never played. Haven't said anything about wanting to use this Cat B s**t on someone who has previously played as obviously that can't happen.

Looks like he's played a game in the NEAFL unless there's another Ivan Soldo out there?

"The NEAFL Tigers unleashed 18 year old 204cm major position player Ivan Soldo whose sporting background is more akin to basketball than footy but as a developing ruckman showed outstanding promise in his first full game of AFL."

2014-Trail-v-Albury-Camp-009-168x300.jpg

Newcomer Ivan Soldo

more here
http://tigersclub.com.au/footballclub/neafl-tigers-too-strong-for-albury-tigers-2/

Looks good as a Tiger.

Looks like he's played a game in the NEAFL unless there's another Ivan Soldo out there?

"The NEAFL Tigers unleashed 18 year old 204cm major position player Ivan Soldo whose sporting background is more akin to basketball than footy but as a developing ruckman showed outstanding promise in his first full game of AFL."

2014-Trail-v-Albury-Camp-009-168x300.jpg

Newcomer Ivan Soldo

more here
http://tigersclub.com.au/footballclub/neafl-tigers-too-strong-for-albury-tigers-2/

Looks good as a Tiger.
Hope to christ the kid never signed up to join Queanbeyan if he had wouldn't that void our ability to sign him as a Cat B rookie?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back