Player Watch #47: Ivan Soldo

Daka

Premium Platinum
Nov 28, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tasmania Devils
Reckon it’s hilarious people wanted Rance back with an ACL but just want to park Nankervis if he’s passed fit.
Just won’t happen, and Chols output is so barely mimimal it is disturbing absolutely nothing.
Think some people forget how good he is and and how much better he makes us. It’s just a massive bonus that we have Soldo to share the workload and even his apparent “lack of mobility” isn’t actually even a thing.
Who has the better endurance + speed out of Chol & Balta? because they put up similar numbers Chol has slight advantage in hitouts, tackling & goals so i think he gets nod for me.

Who has the better endurance + speed out of Chol & Balta? because they put up similar numbers Chol has slight advantage in hitouts, tackling & goals so i think he gets nod for me.
I don’t think either play.

Jul 3, 2008
eastern-most tiger in the nation
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Abers
Well I was somewhat shell-shocked in the first 15 mins so I’m not sure I can give any accurate analysis.

As far as Nank vs Chol. Chol is footy dumb. He’s super fast, agile and can jump super high, but he rarely uses those attributes at the right time. I often notice him wandering around lost and unsure of his correct positioning. I have never noticed that with Nank, and even Soldo is become pretty useful around the ground.
Soldo did give away the ruck free kick to Darling. (I've seem other teams do that to Nank too). And not spoiling that ball over the goal line were 2 major errors. But, yeah around the ground Soldo is fine

Wasn't a dumb contest. Dimma would have been thrilled three big blokes only had eyes only for the ball.

As usual we will just have to agree to disagree. I'm thrilled for you that you know what Dimma is thinking.

Charlie Pannam

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Interestingly talking footy said a lower back issue keeping him out.
I heard groin on SEN but did hear lower back reported last night
I would have Nank in the side before Solo every day of the week but not if he’s carrying even the slightest groin complaint. Every game is a final from now on and you can’t risk going into the game with that type of injury concern. Some injuries you can play with but not groins (particularly for ruckman)

I’ve got my fingers crossed for him and hope the bye gives him the recovery required.

tigerfan1961

Premiership Player
Apr 18, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa, SF 49ers
I heard groin on SEN but did hear lower back reported last night
I would have Nank in the side before Solo every day of the week but not if he’s carrying even the slightest groin complaint. Every game is a final from now on and you can’t risk going into the game with that type of injury concern. Some injuries you can play with but not groins (particularly for ruckman)

I’ve got my fingers crossed for him and hope the bye gives him the recovery required.
Report from Peter Burge on website says it's a groin/adductor scar tissue issue. Will miss this week and hopefully fixes for finals

Not in my view, he wasn't doing it much when he was playing.
Geez that’s a big call.
I don’t really see how you could see that but that’s your call.
In any case in my own opinion he’d only have to be going at 50% of it to be a better option than Chol.
Not writing Chol off long term but not just now.

theflea

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 16, 2010
victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Geez that’s a big call.
I don’t really see how you could see that but that’s your call.
In any case in my own opinion he’d only have to be going at 50% of it to be a better option than Chol.
Not writing Chol off long term but not just now.
Yep fair. Not a big call at all imo but each to their own.

1980GFVideo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2004
Heidelberg
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Already gone past Strawbs O'Dwyer on Richmonds all-time best ruckman list. Now has David Honeybun in his sights. :eyes:

Wont beat Honeybun until he has to be driven to the game in the back of ute while lying in the back flat horizontal because of back problems and then goes out on the MCG and kicks goals.

He was a shining light in those horrible Bartlett years.

Back