Player Watch #47: Ivan Soldo

Remove this Banner Ad

CCJ still won’t be available for a decent chunk of the start of the season! Interesting off season coming up
If we played 4 finals, he'd miss 4 games I think, 3 finals and he'll miss 5. If its a 22 round season we'd still have both he and Stack for a good period.

ACL & MCL are big injuries for a ruckman to cop as it can cause instability in the knee moving forward. Reading up on some of the details surrounding a knee requiring ACL/MCL repairs and it can take up to 2 years to fully recover so when you're a massive 203cm 105kg ruck you'd hope everything goes well

I don't see how Hawkins can be blamed, he is behind Balta with the ball coming in for a marking contest, all he is trying to do is move Balta to try and get access to the footy and it's not different to actions we'd see Jack Martin or even Dusty do in a 1-1 contest.
Yeah moved him with a big push into the back...

Yeah moved him with a big push into the back...
As I said I've seen our forwards use the same action plenty of times and get away with it.

So it's ok then...
It's a contact sport and any player can get injured when you have players coming from all directions to a contest. If people are going to call for Hawkins to face action then I'd expect to see the same calls against our own players.

They said that about Alex Rance going down too
We smashed the Saints at stoppages last night without him
I think Lycett and Ladhams presents a much greater challenge. Ryder out certainly curbed what would have been a big advantage for the Saints.

RICHMOND TAKING “CAUTIOUS APPROACH” WITH INJURED RUCKMAN

Id be surprised if he played AFL in 2021. He won't be ready until late season anyway and that probably means finals time, hes not going to come straight into the side come finals without some form and fitness. Best case scenario maybe a few VFL games/finals then a big preseason for 2022 round 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id be surprised if he played AFL in 2021. He won't be ready until late season anyway and that probably means finals time, hes not going to come straight into the side come finals without some form and fitness. Best case scenario maybe a few VFL games/finals then a big preseason for 2022 round 1.
Got a bad feeling about his injury. :(

ACL 12 months, should be fine. Of course there are complications. Prestia and Astbury's return were slowed down by complications. But they returned eventually. Our ruck stocks are good.
Just can't help feeling that all of a sudden we've gone for 2 extra Ruckmen in Mate & Samson.Club fears the worse?

Just can't help feeling that all of a sudden we've gone for 2 extra Ruckmen in Mate & Samson.Club fears the worse?
What do you mean by worse.? Never playing again? If the club feared the worst, they would have picked up a ready made ruckman during trade period. Mate is a long shot to be any good. Has barely played football. Sampson on the other hand looks like he could step in in 21, if CJ isn't working out. Or injured or Chol ain't quite right.

105kg of load and jumping wouldnt help. Hes gonna be one that might struggle with this, ala Nic Nat who's had repeat injuries and complications.
Soldo isn't the jumping type anyhow. He never had a Nicnat leap. I still have hope that Soldo can get back to good 2019 form. I didn't think his 2020 season was great.

It's a contact sport and any player can get injured when you have players coming from all directions to a contest. If people are going to call for Hawkins to face action then I'd expect to see the same calls against our own players.
Lynch concussed a couple of players in marking contests. Not his fault at all. Ditto Vlaus and Ablett situations in the granny

105kg of load and jumping wouldnt help. Hes gonna be one that might struggle with this, ala Nic Nat who's had repeat injuries and complications.
Thats what i'm concerned about.Doing both the acl & pcl not a good thing.

What do you mean by worse.? Never playing again? If the club feared the worst, they would have picked up a ready made ruckman during trade period. Mate is a long shot to be any good. Has barely played football. Sampson on the other hand looks like he could step in in 21, if CJ isn't working out. Or injured or Chol ain't quite right.
Think the club thinks it might be a chance of a worse case scenario but its not a major issue yet to think about a ready made.

Think the club thinks it might be a chance of a worse case scenario but its not a major issue yet to think about a ready made.
Burge is saying he is unlikely to be back until very late 2021. I'd give him until 2022 to be safe. Worth having him fully recovered. Can ruck. Pretty obvious Soldo wasn't going to be playing much in 21 before trading period but we only went for Sampson in the draft. The club must be confident in ruck depth. CJ, Chol, Balta, Ryan, Astbury, Lynch

I reckon we drafted in ruckman because 1/ They are cheap salary wise as they take years to develop which takes pressure off our cap 2/ Ruckman who have been in the system have decent trade value down the track & 3/ We stockpile mids in the 2021 superdraft as they are far superior than this years lot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back