#47 - Jake Kelly

Remove this Banner Ad

That's what Peter is getting at. If they rated him high enough they would have cut a rookie to make room for him but they didn't when they obviously had the option to if they did want him.

That's what Peter is getting at. If they rated him high enough they would have cut a rookie to make room for him but they didn't when they obviously had the option to if they did want him.

Not really worried what the Pies thought of him, our guys rated him, they obviously did their due diligence on the kid and they liked what they saw going forward, I'm backing Ogilvie and co in on this one!!! This kid could well turn out to be the surprise packet of all our draftees IMO.

Not really worried what the Pies thought of him, our guys rated him, they obviously did their due diligence on the kid and they liked what they saw going forward, I'm backing Ogilvie and co in on this one!!! This kid could well turn out to be the surprise packet of all our draftees IMO.
Gee ...a statement with no facts

Maybe he will make it .......but if he was to be the surprise packet you say, he wouldn't have been taken at 3rd pick (Orval territory)

Cameron will be the ace .....Battersby, well we're still to see why he dropped out of main draft contention.

Spina has some very good AFL qualities ......i gather his issue is workrate

But Kelly ......well he may make it, no-one on the board knows, certainly from his highlight reel, which i have to say is very very ordinary

^
Since when do you need facts for an opinion?

Not commenting on Kelly either way, just agreeing with what Peter said in that Collingwood chose to pass up on him rather then wanting to put him on their list but not having the room to do so.

Looking at his highlights and his draft profile, his game style is similar to Josh Gibson - left footer, often third man up, often puts his body on the line going back with the flight of the ball to mark/spoil, same height, etc.

The main knock on him is his kick. Often shanks 'em and his kicking style is pretty unattractive!

Interesting fact. Craig Kelly initially struggled to make it at PAC 1st XVIII level due to his poor kicking. Then coach Pete Thomas (legend) regularly worked with Kelly after training, working solely on improving his kicking, which seemed to work out ok for Ned. Ned's old man played at Port back in the day too, just as a point of interest, dont think it was many games though. To those suggesting he was anything but one of the best guys you could ever meet, you do not know him. On the field, however.....

Looking at his highlights and his draft profile, his game style is similar to Josh Gibson - left footer, often third man up, often puts his body on the line going back with the flight of the ball to mark/spoil, same height, etc.

The main knock on him is his kick. Often shanks 'em and his kicking style is pretty unattractive!

sounds like Sam Shaw!

Maybe he will make it .......but if he was to be the surprise packet you say, he wouldn't have been taken at 3rd pick (Orval territory)

Cameron will be the ace .....Battersby, well we're still to see why he dropped out of main draft contention.

But Kelly ......well he may make it, no-one on the board knows, certainly from his highlight reel, which i have to say is very very ordinary

I like this kid a lot as i said last year when we got them - see page 1 or 2 of his threas.

I have seen nothing since to change my mind.

189cm half back - good size for our team.

HIs kicking has improved.

he has some real mongrel.

A real gem here i have no doubt.

Came across Jake at a coaching clinic for my kid this week.

I nicer lad you would not meet. Full credit to him for the way he interacted with all the kids and parents. He's a ripper:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This kid must really love the club already.
As I was leaving the game last night, walking down the eastern wing level 1 concourse I spotted him and James Battersby walking toward us. We were naturally fire up and he had the biggest smile on his face. He even gave My dad and brother high fives when walking past.

Seeing this shows where his heart is now after beating the club that over looked him as a father son.

we will end up loving this guy. Played against men for Collingwood and had very good games. He is not intimidated by reputation. Needs to work on kick but he has all of the other qualiites we would want - will be the running half back flanker we need to take over from Brodie Smith.
:thumbsu:

Bump

the Jake Kelly TRAIN really building up a full head of steam.

Emma Quayle was 100% right when she said all the kid needed was the chance and he'd give everything he had to succeed at AFL level.

Great kid too, an ultimate professional.

:devil: :p

http://www.themercury.com.au/sport/...l/news-story/a95dac4c204c6513709ace46469c9e8e

Remove this Banner Ad

Back