31. Jamaine Jones (2020 - )

Remove this Banner Ad

1583232452881_G112LFTIB.1-1.JPG

Details
Number
Height 180cm
Weight 81kg
DOB 29-9-1998
Debut Round 10 Vs Carlton 2018 (Geelong), Round 4 Vs Port Adelaide 2020 (West Coast)

Player honours: -

Draft History: 2016 Rookie Draft pick 48 (Geelong), 2020 Supplementary Player Pick (West Coast Eagles)

Last edited:
Jamaine Jones debuting this week vs Port. He’ll be the 250th Eagles player, the fifth Jones (after Rowan, Brett, Chad and Jordan) and the first Jamaine.

Also the fourth player to appear in the number 47, after White, Green and Stevenson. And the third ex-Cat to appear for the Eagles after Vardy and Kelly.

After the spectacular failure that was Nathan Vardy in 2021, I’m going to turn it around and propel Jemaine Jones to the top through my sponsorship.

First on my list is a changing my autocorrect to recognise Jemaine as the correct spelling of ”Jermaine”.

After the spectacular failure that was Nathan Vardy in 2021, I’m going to turn it around and propel Jemaine Jones to the top through my sponsorship.

First on my list is a changing my autocorrect to recognise Jemaine as the correct spelling of ”Jermaine”.

Getting there, it's 'Jamaine' not Jemaine :p

Excited to be sponsoring JJ this season.

Such an exciting player to watch with his run and dash off half-back. He threatened to really break out last season before an ankle injury derailed his campaign.

2024 could be a huge year for him. As we look to play a faster game style, Jones' availability will be crucial and if he can get through a whole season injury-free, I'm sensing big things for him up ahead.

Is already putting in an impressive preseason, so fingers crossed he can carry that through to round 1 and beyond.

A little bit concerning… but fingers crossed we’ve caught it early and JJ can be fit for round 1. We need his speed off half-back.

JJ named on a half-back flank for the first WAFL practice match against East Freo.

As his sponsor I am befuddled by his current situation. Didn't play in the intraclub due to a "hip complaint", then was named in the squad for the Freo scratch match but didn't play until the final four 10-minute quarters.

Now, this could've been injury management so I was prepared to brush it off as that. But now he misses out on selection for the Adelaide practice match?

Something is up here - surely he can't have fallen this far out of favour? His 2023 was so promising, and it would be really disappointing for him not to be in the Round 1 side now. Would love to know what the club's thinking is here.

A decent performance from JJ in the first WAFL practice match against East Freo, though stats (aside from goals and behinds) aren't recorded for the practice games. Didn't do a lot wrong and produced a couple of nice rebounding plays - though he wasn't dominant by any means.

Hoping this is the last we see of him in the WAFL and that he now slots back into the Round 1 team. We need his run out of defence.

After inexplicably being left out of the Round 1 side, JJ impressed the coaches in the corresponding WAFL practice match and has come in for his first AFL game of the season - already named in the starting 18 vs GWS.

This is great news - excited to see the run and carry he can provide for us and hopefully he doesn't look back from here this year.

Round 2 vs GWS: 13 disposals (69% efficiency), 5 intercept possessions, 5 ground ball gets, 4 marks, 2 rebound 50s, 130 metres gained, 2 tackles

Wasn't quite at his best but still a serviceable return to the senior side from JJ, provided us with some excitement and unpredictability coming out of defence. Hopefully the coaches keep the faith and give JJ a solid run in the team - if we can get the best out of him he's a real asset to the side.

Round 3 vs Western Bulldogs: 14 disposals (72% efficiency), 4 ground ball gets, 3 marks, 3 rebound 50s, 2 tackles, 10 clangers, 4 frees against

Yeah... the less said about that game the better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 4 vs Sydney: :crossmark:

After a shaky game against the Dogs JJ was dropped to travelling emergency duties. Let's hope this is the wake up call he needed and he can build some form from here.

WAFL Round 3 vs East Fremantle: 25 disposals, 5 tackles, 5 inside 50s, 4 marks

A much improved performance in the WAFL from JJ. Worked his way into the game nicely, defended well and importantly was tidy with his ball use. Hopefully he takes confidence from this game and can get his season back on track from here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back