Past Josh Deluca

Remove this Banner Ad

We could talk about how amazing Walsh is, how good of a mark Harry is, what Charlie can do when in form and so on. I think Deluca might be something special and be the guy that inspires his team mates.

If they hear his story about nearly losing his career, i feel this guy could bring more to our team than just his on field role. Think some of our boys will dig even deeper having Deluca in our group.

Welcome legend!
If he goes when its his turn, impacts the contest and disposes of the ball with quality, he will inspire the **** out of me.

(Last bit was because I've had one coffee to many)

We could talk about how amazing Walsh is, how good of a mark Harry is, what Charlie can do when in form and so on. I think Deluca might be something special and be the guy that inspires his team mates.

If they hear his story about nearly losing his career, i feel this guy could bring more to our team than just his on field role. Think some of our boys will dig even deeper having Deluca in our group.

Welcome legend!

I enjoyed reading this. Hope your spot on, and he has an awesome career with the Blues.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Welcome legend!

Love this post.

However, don't you think Gibbons is already an example of this? Someone who has had to scratch and claw just to even get a chance?

Love him talking about the need to buy in. I think he could be a really good example setter on field.

I see what you did there :cool:

In all seriousness though he looks to be a similar style of player to Dylan Shiel.

Quick, strong, bit of burst. Should complement the midfield/forward group nicely in the future.

What sort of levels of mongrelisation will he bring?

Also, is he just on our list for the remainder of 2019 until he is offered a contract?

Good luck young fella, you are one of us now.

One of us, one of us, one of us.

In all seriousness though he looks to be a similar style of player to Dylan Shiel.

Quick, strong, bit of burst. Should complement the midfield/forward group nicely in the future.

Also, is he just on our list for the remainder of 2019 until he is offered a contract?

Shiel? Lol

Love this post.

However, don't you think Gibbons is already an example of this? Someone who has had to scratch and claw just to even get a chance?
I agree, Gibbons is another example of a player who didn't have an easy path to find his way into an AFL list.
He has had to persevere, face rejection, adversity and disappointment but didn't give up. And similar to Deluca has had to knuckle down to develop his craft and fight for the chance. I would even suggest that Samo is also a young fella who has had to make a massive transition, for slightly different reasons. Having a few young men in the team with this sort of background can have a galvanising effect on the young guns, high draft picks. They know the hunger for success and have had to fight for it.

I'll reserve my judgement till I see where he's playing when in the senior side .
If its forward pinch hitting in the middle for the rest of the year after he debuts I'm done with Bolton and the MC .
He's mature age ready to go when he gets his chance straight in the middle and lets push one of the younger mids to the outside or forward that's Fisher for mine .
Good luck Josh .

Love this post.

Are you saying we double dipped........;)
Well about time too....you little bloody beauty Carlton.
Its the Josh And Gibbo show.

So the player Fremantle exited and no one wanted in the past few years, will somehow be a similar player to one that warranted two first round picks?
Possible, but highly, highly, highly unlikely.

Seems to me that we're arming ourselves with some honest triers but ultimately scrubbers; Gibbons, Polson, DeLuca.
If we strike one tiny nugget of gold in this group, we would have done well.....but don't bank on it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love this post.

Good point, quite happy having Gibbons and Deluca in our midfield

Good point, quite happy having Gibbons and Deluca in our midfield
I watched the WAFL vs SANFL game that was played recently where Deluca won the Simpson Medal for best WA player. He just gets to contest after contest after contest, and plays both inside and out in the stoppages. We know that Gibbo is just a real scrapper who isn't afraid to put his head over the ball, and useful on both sides of his body.
I'd actually like to see a game later this year where we have those 2 with Crippa and the centre bounces...I kind of think Crippa may as well. We're getting smashed in the centre bounces at the moment running the kids through there, so we have nothing to lose.

Last edited:

Watching his hilights reminds more of a Dion Prestia type

So the player Fremantle exited and no one wanted in the past few years, will somehow be a similar player to one that warranted two first round picks?

Seems to me that we're arming ourselves with some honest triers but ultimately scrubbers; Gibbons, Polson, DeLuca.
If we strike one tiny nugget of gold in this group, we would have done well.....but don't bank on it.
Similar style of, not exact carbon copy and in no way saying he will even be a half the player of Shiel. Just saying what his playing style reminded me of.

And I’m basing that off about two minutes of highlights.

We don't know he's a scrubber. He spoke honestly about how being delisted made him work harder and how much he wants it now.
I'm happy to have someone who has gone away and worked hard to get another chance.

We don't know he's a scrubber. He spoke honestly about how being delisted made him work harder and how much he wants it now.
I'm happy to have someone who has gone away and worked hard to get another chance.

Fair enough and only time will tell as to whether Deluca slots into a professional environment and thrives from it.

Just doing the numbers and for every good story, there are plenty of stories that panned out to be not so good, but in the meantime, I'd cheer him on every bit as much as any other player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back