AFL Player #47: Jye Menzie

Remove this Banner Ad

He sure knows where the goals are. This is what the kids have to do, perform so that they have to pick you.

Played really well. Only issue I have is he needs to make a few more tackles. Has been going at 2 a game since he has been with us. Would like to see that at 4 or 5. No issues with his goals sense and smarts. Has a nice step as well. Just has to ramp up the pressure a bit.

Played really well. Only issue I have is he needs to make a few more tackles. Has been going at 2 a game since he has been with us. Would like to see that at 4 or 5. No issues with his goals sense and smarts. Has a nice step as well. Just has to ramp up the pressure a bit.

If only we could combine Menzie's forward craft with Tom Hird's talking and pressure!

If only we could combine Menzie's forward craft with Tom Hird's talking and pressure!
E0avLup.png

Many pressure acts ? Sometimes low tackle numbers can be forgiven if the player has 20-30 pressure acts a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Many pressure acts ? Sometimes low tackle numbers can be forgiven if the player has 20-30 pressure acts a game.
They don't record that for VFL

Reasonably good. Just think he needs to be a bit better to translate to AFL level and what we need.
With Snelling back he is pretty much pushing Guelfi out of a forward spot so he will need to bring the same pressure.

Reasonably good. Just think he needs to be a bit better to translate to AFL level and what we need.
With Snelling back he is pretty much pushing Guelfi out of a forward spot so he will need to bring the same pressure.
Guelfi has found a knack for goals of late too

Think we see him for the next game. His pressure probably isn't quite there but he's shown he can kick goals in pretty much every single way for a small (on the lead/set shot, out the back, front and square and at a stoppage) so we might as well give him a chance to prove it at senior level.

Think we see him for the next game. His pressure probably isn't quite there but he's shown he can kick goals in pretty much every single way for a small (on the lead/set shot, out the back, front and square and at a stoppage) so we might as well give him a chance to prove it at senior level.
How does he go actually acquiring possession? Like I'm wondering if the lack of tackles is because he can't read the play fast enough to get near a bloke, and therefore also low possessions which wouldn't translate well to AFL...

How does he go actually acquiring possession? Like I'm wondering if the lack of tackles is because he can't read the play fast enough to get near a bloke, and therefore also low possessions which wouldn't translate well to AFL...
He's playing pretty deep so most of the time he's either trying to crumb from Baldwin/Voss/Stewart who seem to be clunking them for the most part or getting them on a lead. His reading of the play seems to be there.

Think he has had the instructions to be more unselfish but it hasn't really worked. Could have had 3.
I think it will greatly benefit he and us in the long run. Has the skillset to be a Sam Switkowski type small forward and that is probably the position I want the most.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back